Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Honest Hats On - Had Anyone Heard Of Crofts???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]My point was Evans would do much better for us overall than Hoolahan, and I do like Wes.

Evans workrate for us in the championship was better than Wes....so I see what you mean chops.[/quote]Exactly.  My worry about Lambert is when he came in, his first act was to drop Doc and Wes.  Now I know both players have their limitations, but they were also two of our very best players in a Championship winning season.  Lambert hasn''t managed at this level, and I worry that he thinks League One players will magically be able to step up.  For instance, Lappin is NOT a Championship footballer.

worry that he thinks League One players will magically be able to step up. For instance, Lappin is NOT a Championship footballer.

I do hope this is not the case and he realises the title winning squad will are not good enough for cham,pionship football....some will step up and take to it, others wont....he needs to weed those players out, not a question of loyalty, its about whats best for our club.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]My point was Evans would do much better for us overall than Hoolahan, and I do like Wes. Evans workrate for us in the championship was better than Wes....so I see what you mean chops.[/quote]

Exactly.  My worry about Lambert is when he came in, his first act was to drop Doc and Wes.  Now I know both players have their limitations, but they were also two of our very best players in a Championship winning season.  Lambert hasn''t managed at this level, and I worry that he thinks League One players will magically be able to step up.  For instance, Lappin is NOT a Championship footballer.

[/quote]

Don''t worry. Have faith.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Those on here who say "yeah, I know of such and such a player" have probably only come across them on Championship Manager. I will own up to not knowing half the players we bring in as I can only afford a copy of Sensible Soccer ''98 and that''s a bit out of date.[/quote]I had Sensible Soccer on the megadrive in 1994 and fondly remember Roel Fux, Chros Sittun, Oan Crook, Gery Migson...[/quote]Now I have all sorts of Sensible Soccer games on the Amiga and all the names are (or at least appear to be) correct so not sure what happened there...(Sorry, that''s totally OT.)

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Those on here who say "yeah, I know of such and such a player" have probably only come across them on Championship Manager. I will own up to not knowing half the players we bring in as I can only afford a copy of Sensible Soccer ''98 and that''s a bit out of date.[/quote]I had Sensible Soccer on the megadrive in 1994 and fondly remember Roel Fux, Chros Sittun, Oan Crook, Gery Migson...[/quote]Now I have all sorts of Sensible Soccer games on the Amiga and all the names are (or at least appear to be) correct so not sure what happened there...(Sorry, that''s totally OT.)[/quote]No way. I think it was something to do with player image rights, but all the players on Megadrive SS had their names scrambled (or at least the vowels).

I had heard of him with Gillingham when they were in the championship used to be in the midfield with Danny Spiller and they had players like Mamade Sidibe and Brett Sancho with Ian Cox in defence Sancho played in the 2006 world cup with trinidad and tobago not sure about Cox who I think was the same nationality ummm anyone else ohh Jason Brown played for them in goal wow I remember quite a lot of the top of my head ohh and of course Andy Hessenthaler :P

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Those on here who say "yeah, I know of such and such a player" have probably only come across them on Championship Manager. I will own up to not knowing half the players we bring in as I can only afford a copy of Sensible Soccer ''98 and that''s a bit out of date.[/quote]

I had Sensible Soccer on the megadrive in 1994 and fondly remember Roel Fux, Chros Sittun, Oan Crook, Gery Migson...

[/quote]

Now I have all sorts of Sensible Soccer games on the Amiga and all the names are (or at least appear to be) correct so not sure what happened there...

(Sorry, that''s totally OT.)
[/quote]

It was all about rights I think. Great thing about the Amiga version was being able to edit the teams, something I don''t think you could do on the Megadrive.

.....brings back memories of what a great gaming machine the Amiga was (for it''s time of course).

Yes I''d heard of him but to honest hadn''t taken much notice of him!

If he turns out like messrs Russell Martin, Olli Johnson, who I''d never heard of then he''ll be more than OK!

In Lambert we must trust even though he released the Doc!