Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Crook leaves by mutual consent

Nope kinda gutted too, but his family is in Oz, so he was always bound to end up back there.  Must be hard to be away from them for so long.

Good luck Chippy [Y]

I think really the move suits all parties.

Allows Ian to spend time with his family and allows Lambert to appoint his own man. I have felt he was never really going be here long term and Lambert would want to appoint someone new sooner or later. To be honest I was surprised he stayed after Lamber got the job.

[quote user="Rivvo"]No, I care I just thought Spencer''s post was better![/quote]

hahaha - you lil'' stirrer Rivvo! lol!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I think really the move suits all parties. Allows Ian to spend time with his family and allows Lambert to appoint his own man. I have felt he was never really going be here long term and Lambert would want to appoint someone new sooner or later. To be honest I was surprised he stayed after Lamber got the job.[/quote]

I think as much as Crooky loves the club, it would be very tough to stay in the UK with his family in Aus just for the job of reserve team coach. I understand he''s well thought of as a coach in Aus, so hopefully he''ll get a decent job over there.

Good luck to him I say! Hopefully he can come back in a few years time as a top quality manager and maybe have a crack at the City job.

Best of luck to the guy - he will always be the technically best passer I have ever seen in a City shirt (unless we get someone really tasty in [:P]).Was always going to happen when his family did not follow him which is a pity as I think he could have been groomed as a potential long term successor for the boss job. I don''t think it was an accident that many of our best times came when we promoted from within (Brown, Stringer etc)

Best of luck, Ian. You were a fantastic player in your day and took a huge career risk in coming back to Norwich in our darkest hour.

Truly a legend.

Yep, cheers Chippy, many thanks and all the best...successful spells at the club as a player and a coach, maybe one day you''ll finish the job and come back as Manager-but without Pierre Littbarski!!

(to be fair, Dwight Yorke says nice things about Littbarski and Chippy in his autobiography, having playbed under them at Sydney!)

Anyway, safe trip and good luck for the future.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I suppose it was inevitable, but he remains a City legend and I wish him all the best.

[/quote]

Indeed, fond fond memories of his time playing for us and his recent contributions

Always loved Crook and thought he was a decent coach, although not seeing him in action on the training pitch...

Shame he has gone back, but family life is far more important than kicking an leather ball on a bit of grass.

Good luck Chippy,

[quote user="spencer 1970"]

[quote user="Rivvo"]No, I care I just thought Spencer''s post was better![/quote]

hahaha - you lil'' stirrer Rivvo! lol!

[/quote]

Sorry couldn''t resist when I saw the handbags at dawn!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I think really the move suits all parties. Allows Ian to spend time with his family and allows Lambert to appoint his own man. I have felt he was never really going be here long term and Lambert would want to appoint someone new sooner or later. To be honest I was surprised he stayed after Lamber got the job.[/quote]

Correct and plus with the reserves not playing in a League next season combined with the club trying to cut expenditure and Crook missing his family this makes sense!