By Tim Dudding

Andrew Crofts tonight told seagulls.co.uk that the chance to play Championship football for Norwich City was just too good to miss.

The former Albion skipper, who pulled out of the Wales squad to face Croatia to complete his move to Carrow Road this afternoon, admitted it was a big decision to make, but one that he just couldn''t pass up.

He said, "I had a great year with the Albion and loved every minute of it. I had really settled in, but when a club like Norwich are interested in you and can offer you the stadium, the facilities and the fact they''re in the Championship, it was just too good to miss.

"When you get a chance like this in your career, you have to take it. Hopefully it will be good for me on the international front as well with Wales.

"I didn''t have any idea Norwich were interested until after the season had finished, and the gaffer (Gus Poyet) rang me from Argentina to tell me they had been in contact.

"Gus, Tano and Charlie have been fantastic in the way they have handled things, and I am so grateful they haven''t stood in my way and that they know what an opportunity this is for me.

"All the lads at the club were brilliant last season, and Albion''s result will be the first I look for on a Saturday evening.

"The team is definitely moving in the right direction with Gus, the chairman and the rest of the management team, and I desperately hope they can get promoted next season in time for the new stadium."

Crofts was voted Player of the Season by Albion supporters, and the 25-year-old says he will cherish his excellent relationship with the Brighton faithful.

"The fans were brilliant all season," he said.

"I want to say a massive thank you to them for all their support over the year, and I hope they can understand why I had to pursue this move. It is a fantastic opportunity for me and my family."

Crofts will now start to make arrangements to move up to Norfolk in time for pre-season, and he revealed he will be turning to old pal and Canaries full-back Russell Martin to help him settle in.

"I know Russ from when I was on loan at Peterborough, so it will be great to link up with him again.

"I''m also looking forward to working with Paul Lambert, who I met last night. He''s very passionate and you can tell he''s a winner, so hopefully there will be more success ahead."

I''m willing to give him a a chance. Welcome to Norwich, Crofty [;)]