Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Top Ten Reasons to be Cheerful

1. We''ve won a game at last

2. We''re not bottom anymore

3. We''ve only lost 5 games out of 14

4. We''ve got 3 relatively easy win chances coming up

5. Other teams are on a worse runs than us (e.g. Spurs)

6. We''ve already played Man U, Newcastle & Liverpool away

7. We don''t have any major injury problems

8. Mullers is on form

9. We''re not skint

10. Ipswich lost

Any more ?

3 easy win chances coming up - euphoria over load I think. Bham away will be difficult and a draw will be a good result. Fulham should mean three points although as Newcastle found out Fulham are good on the break, and that is when we are at our weakest. Bolton will be very tough - a physical game concentrated on an aerial threat - hmm I can see an easy time for our defence there! After that we have Chelsea. 5 out of 12 points or better will be an EXCELLENT return from these 4 games.

However Spurs losing for the 6th time running is a real bonus - I dont think their team has enough resolve if dragged into a relegation battle - yes they have good strikers but not enough bottle or ability behind that to give them the chances.

OTBC

It might well be the old cliché, but I think Spurs are too good to go down, they''ll pull out of it comfortably to be honest.Its 3 of 6 IMO, these being: West Brom, Us, C Palace, Southampton, Blackburn and Fulham.My heart says:West BromSouthamptonBlackburnMy head says:West BromNorwichBlackburn

I can see Rovers scraping out of it despite looking poor down here but even they looked good next to Soton, who I am convinced will not survive without a major change or personnel. I think anyone from Portsmouth down COULD be dragged into it and I am hoping that Spurs poor run continues as a downward spiral becomes very hard to stop - and that can only help us.OTBC

[quote]3 easy win chances coming up - euphoria over load I think. Bham away will be difficult and a draw will be a good result. Fulham should mean three points although as Newcastle found out Fulham are good...[/quote]

Zipper

I did say "relatively easy" did I not

Looking at it more realistically, if we can''t take points off Fulham, Birmingham & Bolton (at home), then where will the points for survival come from ?

There are two main things which I''m worried about regarding the current Prem teams in a relegation battle (Blackburn, Brum, Spurs, Fulham and Saints)  Apart from Brum who aren''t short of cash, the others are long established Premierships sides and have raked in the sky cash for several years.  They all have the ability to spend big in January and "buy" their way out of a fight.  We don''t have this luxury unfortunately.

The other thing that worries my about Saints is that IMO they are a decent manager away from being a top 10 side.  They are a well run club with some excellent players.  If they were to get rid of Wigley anytime soon, we could be in trouble

[quote]Yeah but all that dont matter DumbleDelia as long as we keep doing the business.[/quote]

Yeah fair point NavMan.  We need to concentrate on our game and what we do best.  If other teams cock up all the better!