Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Your favourite non british player.

Hello to all.

Was talking to a mate at work the other day about the influx of non british players in football at the moment. just wondered who your favourite non british players were at Norwich. Past or present.

Steen Nedergaard for me..................

Well if were excluding Ireland then lets face it were really struggling for good foreign players at Norwich. It would have to go with Steeno. Cracking player and I still remember one shot at the Barclay End where he hit the crossbar and such was the force of the shot that crossbar was still shaking for a couple of seconds afterwards.

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]safri[/quote]

Naturally Theoklitos.... in reality though it''s probably Ade Akinbiyi, not for what he dd at city, but for what he went on to do [:D]

Being raised in Canada, I was always partial to Jim Brennan and thought he did well enough for us in our Prem season when given the chance.

Now, it has to by my home boy Whitbread.

Non-Norwich would be Landon Donavon for how he has shut down Mexico consistently in international games.

Mine tend to be Scandanavians although Safri is right up there for me.  Prob top of the list was Denis Van Wyck,  but Hareide, Svennson, Helveg &  Steeno are all in the mix too.

I''m not sure if I can come up with an individual favourite, as there are several that I like. Nedergaard, Svennson, and Safri were all great players in my opinion, and there are probably some more out there that I''ve forgotten about.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Being raised in Canada, I was always partial to Jim Brennan and thought he did well enough for us in our Prem season when given the chance. Now, it has to by my home boy Whitbread. Non-Norwich would be Landon Donavon for how he has shut down Mexico consistently in international games.[/quote]

Bugger me, here''s one for you HC being born in Canada and one for the coffin dodgers amongst us.....Errol Crossan....Legend!