Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

A New Era Has Begun

It truely is a new era at City now. The Doc has gone and his replacement is here. Andrew Crofts. I''m not talking positions-wise but how he has already divided opinions without even kicking a ball for our club. No matter how well he plays for us he will always, like Doc, still have doubters who will put him down.

So as the old Doc leaves I hope Norwich City and the fans welcome the ''New Doc'' with open arms and hopes he has a decent career here.

BTW this is not a Doc or Crofts bashing thread but how Crofts has already sparked up a debate on if he is any good or not when most have never seen him play.

Seriously, there hav been enough Crofts threads and posts, and plenty of them have been attacking those who are allready doubting him, why have you put annother one up? [:@]

[quote user=" CT "]

Crofts = central MIDFIELDER

Doherty = central DEFENDER

How in Gods name is Crofts the replacement for Doc?

Elaborate [:|]

[/quote]Sirry iriot!

How in Gods name is Crofts the replacement for Doc?

Everone else managed to work it out mate.

I agree with the OP, opinions are divided already...personally i dont know anything about him, so I will wait till i see him play a number of games...

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]

It truely is a new era at City now. The Doc has gone and his replacement is here. Andrew Crofts. I''m not talking positions-wise but how he has already divided opinions without even kicking a ball for our club. No matter how well he plays for us he will always, like Doc, still have doubters who will put him down.

So as the old Doc leaves I hope Norwich City and the fans welcome the ''New Doc'' with open arms and hopes he has a decent career here.

BTW this is not a Doc or Crofts bashing thread but how Crofts has already sparked up a debate on if he is any good or not when most have never seen him play.

[/quote]

No it isn''t. There have been plenty of these types of players and opinions who have signed pre-doherty and during doherty.

Our current captain springs to mind straight away!

It''s just what being a Norwich fan is all about!

To be fair though, if you go back to the signings we made this summer & beyond you''ll see every new player was "warmly welcomed" to Carrow Road with a thread like:"Great, a Swansea reserve, that''ll be good.""Fatty Gill from pub team Exeter, nice one.""Rhoys Wiggins, who the f##k is he?""Grant Holt hasn''t done it at League One level, will he be a waste of money?""A centre back from Hartlepool, he hasn''t exactly set the world on fire there has he?  Their messageboards say they are happy he''s leaving."The only really positive reception was for Theoklitos because everyone assumed Gunny would know a good keeper when he saw one.  Error.Slagging off a new signing for being crap/lack of ambition is just part of the way it''s done round here, I''m afraid.  While I wait for my breakfast to settle before I go running, I''ll find you an example.

Well said Chops!

No guarantees with any new signing!

I''m shaking my head at some very blinkered fans with short memories on this forum hoping we sign some loan players from the Premiership!

Didn''t work 2 seasons ago and would rather go down Lamberts route of plucking hungry lower League players who are capable of stepping up and want to play for Norwich!