Sign in to follow this  
Fife Canary

Champions League Final

Apologies if there has been a similar thread posted, but was watching the game last night and remember that 17 years ago we beat one of these teams and should have beat the other over the two legs!Since then we''ve been in decline, but wondered just if Robert Chase had made the decision to go in another direction would we now be a mainstay in the Premier League and a regular in the Champions League.......Makes you wonder what might have been been.

Interesting post.Personally my opinion is that if you look at the top 4 year in year out there are never any outside teams like Norwich in there. They''re always big cities in a central part of the country (i.e. near other big cities).. Liverpool, Manchester, London are the only locations that are consistently up there.I think you need a big fan support away from the city to be able to sustain the finances to be able to stay up there. If you look at the teams who are always up there I am sure they easily pull at least 10,000 fans who live further away than 2 hours away from the ground week in week out for tickets.However, I think we could have become with the right management both at squad and board level a top 10 side year in year out with good pushes towards the top 4.

[quote user="Fife Canary"]Apologies if there has been a similar thread posted, but was watching the game last night and remember that 17 years ago we beat one of these teams and should have beat the other over the two legs!Since then we''ve been in decline, but wondered just if Robert Chase had made the decision to go in another direction would we now be a mainstay in the Premier League and a regular in the Champions League.......Makes you wonder what might have been been.[/quote]

I don''t think that Norwich and Inter Milan have ever been comparable! We had a great team and ethic at the time which gave us the chance to challenge them man for man on a football pitch but Inter have always been an international club and Norwich have always been regional.