Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

Extra Seats?

Does anyone have any clues/ideas/rumours as to where these new seats will be added?

The onle are with out any seats obviously has a hotel in the way. Could an extra thouhsand or so be accomodated in the spaces there? Could certainly spice things up with the away support?

Or perhaps a re-jigging of seats in the City stand?

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm???

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Did you really hear that? If so where from? I have heard of something similar in Germany somewhere I think...[/quote]Yes, its completely true.Can I interest you in a time share property too while we''re at it?

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]No thanks not after the last one... well, where is it? is it somewhere nice?[/quote]Wherever you want it to be.Just PM me your bank details and I''ll sort it out.[:)]

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Blackpool?[/quote]Yep.Though the price has just doubled unfortunately.Getting back on topic, I have no idea where the new seats will be, it was implied at the supporters forum though that it would be a row here, and a block there, so am guessing all over the ground.Maybe move advertising hoardings and put a new row in front of each stand?

While theirs a few areas in the existing ground that can accomodate extra seats like the back of the Barclay upper tier, back row of the snakepit and replacing the journalist area in the City stand, Thorpe wing with supporters seats all these combined wouldn''t come to 1100 extra seats.

Therefore I''d imagine that a temporary stand will be erected in front of the hotel? 

Suggested areas for extra seats:

> They can fit at least another 2 rows at the back of the Barclay Upper, is this the same in the River End?

> I reckon they could probably fit another couple of rows in the front of the Jarrold Stand if they dig down a few feet.

> Bring the Barclay and N&P lower fence in towards the pitch a bit more and dig down a few feet to add another row on the front of each.

> The red seats at the top of the gangway in the lower Barclay and N&P can be used (can they?)

> They could also reclassify the blocks, so instead of being 5 in the Barclay and the N&P stand could be turned into 3 and use the gangways for seating and just join the blocks up (or would this create exit and emergency exit problems?

> A temporary/permanent stand in front of the Holiday Inn, move the away fans to the Upper Tier of the AVIVA Community stand.

I think the River end upper tier has filled all the space up unlike the Barclay upper tier, although the reason the Barclay has space at the back is cause the view from the back of the stand wouldn''t be good and you wouldn''t be able to see all the pitch. I''d imagine if these areas are to be filled with seats then the''d be cheaper being restricted view.

A lot of big clubs have increased ground capacity by digging down at the front of the stand to squeeze in couple or so rows but I''d imagine this''d be expensive so its unlikely the club are doing this.

The red seats in the lower Barclay and river end stands are for the stewards though other clubs have similar seating layouts that are used by paying supporters so I''d imagine that''d be a possibility?

Putting seats in the gangways in the Barclay and river end lower tiers - Don''t be silly. Those two areas are hard enough to exit as it is so I don''t think health and safety would allow that to happen.

Be interesting to see where the seats are to be installed! 

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I think the River end upper tier has filled all the space up unlike the Barclay upper tier, although the reason the Barclay has space at the back is cause the view from the back of the stand wouldn''t be good and you wouldn''t be able to see all the pitch. I''d imagine if these areas are to be filled with seats then the''d be cheaper being restricted view.

A lot of big clubs have increased ground capacity by digging down at the front of the stand to squeeze in couple or so rows but I''d imagine this''d be expensive so its unlikely the club are doing this.

The red seats in the lower Barclay and river end stands are for the stewards though other clubs have similar seating layouts that are used by paying supporters so I''d imagine that''d be a possibility?

Putting seats in the gangways in the Barclay and river end lower tiers - Don''t be silly. Those two areas are hard enough to exit as it is so I don''t think health and safety would allow that to happen.

[/quote]

I love how you''ve just picked out each of his points and stated why it''s not possible, where would you put the new seats? [:)]

[quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]

I love how you''ve just picked out each of his points and stated why it''s not possible, where would you put the new seats? [:)]

[/quote]

Exactly freddy, I can''t see where else they will put the new seats unless they build a temporary stand...

The back of the Barclay uppper tier is a possibility, I didn''t say its not!

The idea of digging down at the front to add in extra rows is possible but costly so effectively ruling that one out!

Tempory stand in front of the hotel will probably take most of the seats wit the back of the Barclay, back of the snakepit and taking out the media section in the horpe wing of the City stand are the only feasible areas in my opinion!

i started a new post without thinking.  but here it is.    The word at Carrow road is that the new seats are going to be put at the

bottom of the City Stand.  From what i was told, They are going to move

the barrier closer to the pitch and add 1 maybe 2 rows of seats there.

Clearly that isnt 1500 seats so im not sure where the rest will go.

There is not gonna be an option for those bottom row seat holders to

move forward. They cannot add seats to the bottom of the Jarrold because that is as low as they can go with the seating there. Great thinking by the board.  Also found out that the

clubs finacial situation is simple OK. and that the club is at the stage

where they are extremely organised for next season with all the plans

made and already being actioned. This is clearly the most organised City

have been for years.

to add to this, i dont think its going to cost the club as much as they have made out, they always have a pile of seats in storage yellow or green so they can change the sponsers names etc that are made up of green seats across each stand, also there going to have a few seats extra this year from people who have payed £40 to upgrade their seat (im actually suprised this hasnt been talked about more)

when they built the jarrold it was mentioned that they were giving people more room both sideways and leg room, so maybe they are going to reverse this.

another idea would be a movable wall to segregate away fans, rather then waste 200+ seats covered in that net thing.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]

Does anyone have any clues/ideas/rumours as to where these new seats will be added?

The onle are with out any seats obviously has a hotel in the way. Could an extra thouhsand or so be accomodated in the spaces there? Could certainly spice things up with the away support?

Or perhaps a re-jigging of seats in the City stand?

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm???

[/quote]

I once thought they could put one seat at the end of every row, this would narrow the passageways, but not enough to cause problems to anyone, and that way they would''nt need to build a new stand, but could do this to give us 28.000. so with 4ft between rows reduced to two ft, I wonder if this is what they have in mind

[quote user="Mister Chops"]God, imagine getting wedged in next to some fatty and coming away with chafe marks on your arms and thighs. [+o(]

[/quote]

Yes that thought did come to mind, then I quickly abbondand the Idea of  putting forward my idea lol

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Manna from heaven.....guess what sort of seat I am hoping for!!.....[/quote]

It wouldn''t happen to be a brand new nice bright shiny yellow seat to replace the old jaded faded one you have at the moment, would it?

I STILL remember you''re multiple posts regarding this from about 2-3 years ago.