Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Paul Scholes and Damien Francis.....

...........selected as the 2 central midfielders in the BBC Sport Premiership Team of the Week.

Hucks was also selected as 1 of the 4 reserve strikers to Craig Bellamy and Kevin Davies.

Great going lads. Proud of you.

OTBC.

[quote]...........selected as the 2 central midfielders in the BBC Sport Premiership Team of the Week. Hucks was also selected as 1 of the 4 reserve strikers to Craig Bellamy and Kevin Davies. Great going ...[/quote]

BlyBlyBlades: This I fear, Is a double sided sword.

On one side, Its nice for the players concerned to receive this accolade, which of course, they richly deserve.

The other side is that it alerts the vultures, that come January, its feeding time over the sky''s of Carrow Road.

Now, I know that I''m a bloody cynic!, but I can just see the pound signs, glinting in the board member''s eyes!.

Ye Gods, I hope I''m way out on this.

I hope you are Wiz - my view is that it''ll be a summertinme feeding frenzy IF we don''t stay up: the likes of Damien will believe the hype etc and want to stay there: even if it''s with the likes of Birmingham or Fulham (assuming one of them doesn''t go down too!)

So when we talk about bouncing back up again, these will be the realities for many of our better players IRRESPECTIVE of their contracts

[quote]I hope you are Wiz - my view is that it''ll be a summertinme feeding frenzy IF we don''t stay up: the likes of Damien will believe the hype etc and want to stay there: even if it''s with the likes of Bir...[/quote]

I agree with all that you say Shropshire Canary, except for one little thing.

We both know, there are one or two clubs, ie Manure for one, who are bloody good at unsettling players, via the media, just ask Fulham and Everton!.

That''s why I fear January more than you I suppose. If, we can keep certain players into February, then I believe your ''end of season'' theory will come into play.

Of that, I have no doubt, I''m afraid.