Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Mathew Phillips & Matty Gill

Wycombe are interested in Gill, Phillips is interesting Preston you have just put two and two together as far as rumours go I suppose it makes sense but I don''t rate Phillips compared to Green or Adomah who would be far cheaper

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Souce: Wycombe friend, he seems to rate Phillips highly though and says he''s nearly as good as Hoolahan, mostly likely complete tosh :P
[/quote]

I read somewhere that Preston had offered 400k for Phillips. Can''t remember the source but I am certain it was one of the nationals. If that is the case they would be better off taking the money. Although given that Preston are facing a winding up order surely they would be better off paying their debt first....

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt our saviour"]Souce: Wycombe friend, he seems to rate Phillips highly though and says he''s nearly as good as Hoolahan, mostly likely complete tosh :P
[/quote]

I read somewhere that Preston had offered 400k for Phillips. Can''t remember the source but I am certain it was one of the nationals. If that is the case they would be better off taking the money. Although given that Preston are facing a winding up order surely they would be better off paying their debt first....

[/quote]

It was in yesterday''s article about Gill. I think Phillips is a fantastic young player, he has been absolutely amazing for Wycombe over the last two seasons before this one- and even during this seasn he''s stood out above the rest. I would like to get him, but like many other people have said I would prefer Green because of the cost...

Phillips is a decent young player who did superbly when he first broke through but this season he''s not pushed on as much as hoped for, but at 19 he''s certainly got the potential to play at Championship level.

I could see City going for Phillips, who Wiki says is at the end of his contract, but don''t see why that means Gill going the other way. Gill still seems a useful back-up for Russell (as he showed at Bristol Rovers) and can also cover elsewhere in the midfield.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I could see City going for Phillips, who Wiki says is at the end of his contract, but don''t see why that means Gill going the other way. Gill still seems a useful back-up for Russell (as he showed at Bristol Rovers) and can also cover elsewhere in the midfield.[/quote]

Plus Lambert worked with Phillips at  Wycombe which makees it seem all the more possible...

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Phillips is a decent young player who did superbly when he first broke through but this season he''s not pushed on as much as hoped for, but at 19 he''s certainly got the potential to play at Championship level.
[/quote]

He does look an interesting prospect.

His Wycombe stats are:

07-08      League       1+2

08-09      League      18+19    3 goals

FA Cup         2        1 goal

09-10     League       18+18    5 goals

FA Cup         2         0 goals

He has been called up for the England U19 squad who are about to play a couple of games

6'' tall and described on the Wycombe site as a pacy winger

Looks a good player. But I think that lad Green from Dagenham and Redbridge might be more within our price range. Its a risk but he is playing more games a season than Phillips. If Dag and Red don''t go up that keep the price down. So come on Rotherham!