Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Definite theme to the players we are being linked with

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="freddyf105"]

[quote user="Ncfc"]Hungry players if they are nowhere near Championship standard will get us relegated , at this moment i think we will make Peterborough''s season look brilliant. Have we got a player in the squad that is truly Championship standard ? Drury ? maybe 3 or 4 years ago but probably not now .In the old days yes we used to find one or two lower league gems to fit into the side but an entire squad of untested lower league players is asking for trouble. The Board saying they want players who have not been there before is just a nice way of saying we are skint and cannot compete , do you honestly believe if he had a budget to push for a top six spot Lambert would be targetting these types of player , no me either.
[/quote]

Forster (if we get him back on loan), Drury, Whitbread (apparantly), Russell, Hoolahan, Smith, Martin, Holt....

[/quote] Forster -  has never played at that level yet . Drury - best days are well and truly behind him .Whitbread - is only a maybe. Russell and Hoolahan - in the team that got relegated from the Championship -Smith - maybe in a year or two . Martin - another maybe .Holt - will be too slow and cumbersome and no threat whatsoever in the Championship.
If we really want to push for top 6 we need to bring in a little quality take our strikers Holt ,Martin,Johnson and MacDonald , will there be a weaker strikeforce in the division ? No .
[/quote]

Well said, I share many of your concerns.[Y]

You can be the hungriest player alive, but if you don''t have the quality then you will struggle.  Perhaps the only exceptions to this in recent memory and one which does not actually apply to us as we don''t play this way and it would not be allowed now; are Wimbledon and the Leeds side of the 70''s I think it was when they kicked their way out of the second division (today''s Championship).