Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

What team does your missus support?

My other half ''supports'' West Ham and we live a lot closer to Upton Park but we both have season tickets at Carrow Road and travel. Not sure he could afford West Ham anyway! [:D]

[quote user="Stevee Wonder"]You guys (and gals) have let yourselves down. What you need to do is talk about Norwich so much they eventually support us. My missus is from Hull, so kinda supported them, but she didn''t really like football. Now she''s a fully fledged Canary...and always wears my old Norwich shirts :-) Get to work converting everyone lol[/quote]

Already converted mine. [:P]

Taken her to home and away games now she cant stay away lol!

Lol. I took mine to Southampton (2-0 loss) and MK Dons (scrapped a 1-1 draw) last season so maybe i should stop taking her too often. I''ll be keeping the work up this season lol...should be going to a few away games.

Whilst I have let the side down slightly with my Mrs, she is slowly being won around. plus I win bonus points for teaching my 18 month old daughter to touch the picture of Carrow Road on her way into our house and to cheer.....every time......

She now screeches at my other half if she doesn''t hold her to touch the picture on her way into the house!

Ha - result!

Weird situation with my ex boyfriend in that it was him who couldn''t stand football.  He actually tried to ''ban'' me from watching / talking about football.  He would even turn the TV off if I was watching an England match, and once tried to tell me that I couldn''t go to matches with my dad, who played for the Norfolk school boys, and was offered professional terms with Norwich City when he was younger.Major contributor to me walking away from that relationship!

Good on you. Sounds a bit gay as well if he can''t stand football, so I agree good you got out of that one

Tell me about it.Apparently he was a rugby guy, although I never actually saw him watch any.  It was always quite funny in the pub if there was an England footie match as he tried to act like he knew what he was talking about in front of his mates.I can''t stand blokes who pretend to be something they aren''t.  At least be a man and admit if you don''t like something!Anyway, at least now I get to as many Norwich matches as possible with either my dad or brother!

[quote user="Brian Badonde "][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Iam the missus!!!

[/quote]#

OK!!! Should''ve put partner really shouldn''t I??!

Ok for you and a few others WITS, chicken, Kathy etc, what about your fellas?

[/quote]Can''t find a man who''s man enough for me to stick around [;)] Last fella was a City supporter though as I have good taste, mostly.

[quote user="Canary"]Weird situation with my ex boyfriend in that it was him who couldn''t stand football.  He actually tried to ''ban'' me from watching / talking about football.  He would even turn the TV off if I was watching an England match, and once tried to tell me that I couldn''t go to matches with my dad, who played for the Norfolk school boys, and was offered professional terms with Norwich City when he was younger.Major contributor to me walking away from that relationship![/quote]Go girl. What a twit! Can''t stand guys who come the big ''I am'' dictating how things happen and then act like a prick to be ''big''.

My other half had know interest in Football when she met me but has seen the light, she has been to see some City games with me and listens on the Radio when she doesn''t come, I have also converted her 2 lads (9 and 10) who were both born in Blackpool.Her family are Jocks and support Celtic.

My Mrs is another who hates football, when I first met her in 1981 I took her to the next 2 games which were Spurs away and a home game I can''t remember and until earlier this year she''d never been back. The only reason she went this year was because we were sitting in the directors box.

Her stock answer if asked is "i hate football it''s like watching paint dry" but if pushed she always says Norwich.[Y]

To her credit she has never in 29 years stopped me going to or watching football or my other love of motor racing.

Mine is a PUMAS fan (mexico city) but i guess once she visits our fine city for the first time she''ll hacve an English side to cheer too.....

City flag up in the apartment so i guess she''s already a city fan by osmosis (all she ever hears about!).

My girlfriend is a season ticket holder at Ipswich Town. We met each other at the first ''Shake Hands for Derby Day'' fans'' football match in 1999 - so clearly, at that time, I didn''t feel a tremendous amount of hostility to the horsey feckers.What changed that was meeting some of her fellow ''super'' blues. I''ve always felt that a lot of NCFC fans'' hostility towards Ipswich was a bit like hissing at the pantomime villain but many of my g/f''s (otherwise perfectly amenable) Ipswich Town supporting friends are obsessive in their dislike for Norwich - could it be that they don''t have much of a life outside of football? That''s when my attitude began to change.Add in their club''s disgraceful episode in administration, their takeover by an evil baron who makes cash from arms-dealing conferences and some rather unpleasant derby day experiences at Portman Rd and I now reciprocate some of that hostility.

[quote user="Brian Badonde "]

Mine is a Spurs fan....although has connections with Crystal Palace and Peterborough....

Our first born will be a Norwich fan, I will make sure of that!

What about everyone else?

[/quote]ma mother is a spurs fan other than that the rest of my family are norwich fans :)

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]My missus says she supports Ippo because she knows that it winds me up!!...[/quote]

Same here ... and she''s very right about it [:)] 

Yes but Slater, she at least she realises that Ips*** are mostly rubbish.  That''s to her credit.  I still remember Phil Ham''s screaming everytime he got tackled, rolling around on the floor like he''d been stamped on.  I only did it once!

[quote user="Canary"]
Apparently he was a rugby guy, [/quote]

Rugby = Fat blokes rolling around on the floor grabbing each other...

what ever floats your boat!

Mine is a Forest fan and we decided that if we have kids then it will support who ever is higher in the league at the time of birth,

I have been faking orgasms for the last year! She is wondering why she is not pregnant! lol,

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Canary"]Apparently he was a rugby guy, [/quote]

Rugby = Fat blokes rolling around on the floor grabbing each other...

what ever floats your boat!

[/quote]So very very true!

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Mine just doesn''t get football. Tried explaining it to her but had more luck trying to teach our spaniel to play the trumpet.
[/quote]lmfao[:D]

Find it hard to believe that anyone on this board has a girlfriend tbf..

[quote user="Larry David"]

Find it hard to believe that anyone on this board has a girlfriend tbf..

[/quote]i dont i have a wife....i think she wouldnt be happy if i had a girlfriend[;)]