Sign in to follow this  
George Smiley

To everybody who is going to a pre season game

Make sure you bring your boots!

If  PL told you " Can you do any better?" at a pre season friendly after you have been heckling  one of the players , how many of you would?  

I can remember this story, the Sun ran a whole page about it

There is a poor moral to this particular story- “moan enough and all your dreams will come true”.

That is what happened to West Ham fan Steve Davies on a balmy (and barmy) summer’s day in 1994. Davies was watching his side play Oxford in a pre-season friendly, and was incensed at the ineptitude being shown by Hammers forward Lee Chapman. Tirade after tirade of abuse rained down on Chapman — the kind not seen since his last argument with Leslie Ash.

Harry Redknapp, West Ham’s assistant manager at the time, finally lost patience with the vocal supporter, and ordered him down the tunnel. Davies re-appeared ten minutes later clad in Claret and Blue, and was given half an hour to prove he was any better. Whisper this, but he actually did, scoring. Chapman sloped off quietly after the match, whilst Redknapp had another tale to add to his collection. For Davies, the memories of a pre-season friendly at the Manor Ground will live forever.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]i''d go on for sure, why not - see what it is really liek for the players.[/quote]

But you''re a banana [:s]..

He as good as said I''m signed for next season after he watched us play at Carrow Road on Friday! kerching! So yeah i''d def do it!