Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

New fans website

As many of you are aware I enjoy writing some Norwich related material. I have been looking for a place for my material.

Anyway I have decided the thing to do is launch my own site featuring news from the club, match previews, match reports and other articles of interest.

At the moment the web link is:

http://norwichcitysupporterscorner.weebly.com/

I do have plans to buy a domain name for it and create a stunning website - but this things may take a bit of time - so for now weebly will be the host.

I am also looking for a new name. The current name is Norwich City Supporters Corner - but I feel this is too long especially to be used as a domain title.

Therefore I would welcome any suggestions on the name. Whatever happens this site will have regular updates and hopefully strong material.

good luck with that Jim.

we shall be having one soon ,i think we were lucky with www.ontheballcity.com

other sites we have are www.usedcarsnorwich.com and www.norwichcitycentre.com

all work in progress ...hard work as well..!!!

jim with our car site we are receiving about 2,000 hits and top of the business listings for "used cars Norwich"

we are well aware for cars Norwich the hits are in the region of 100,000 a month of which we are working on and we are on page 6 ,but plenty of seo work is now going into it .

i like your posts and we aim to place a banners on all sites to create traffic

if your interested we would be interested in working with you .

Singing Canary,

That all sounds very interesting and I''m sure we can work together to increase traffic in the future. For the time being it is a free site and still thinking of a name and other things. In the future I plan to have a domain name and a very high quality site - so I''ll keep you updated with my progress.

any help jim please feel free to ask .

my best friend is a web designer and fairly hot on search engine work .

good luck jim ,its hard work but good fun

[quote user="Jim Kent"]As many of you are aware I enjoy writing some Norwich related material. I have been looking for a place for my material.

Anyway I have decided the thing to do is launch my own site featuring news from the club, match previews, match reports and other articles of interest.

I do have plans to buy a domain name for it and create a stunning website - but this things may take a bit of time - so for now weebly will be the host.

I am also looking for a new name. The current name is Norwich City Supporters Corner - but I feel this is too long especially to be used as a domain title.

Therefore I would welcome any suggestions on the name. Whatever happens this site will have regular updates and hopefully strong material.[/quote]how  about   THE STROLLING GAMESTERhttp://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/carrow/
A walk in the park when we  meet  teams  at the  carrow  lolhttp://www.thefreedictionary.com/strolling

[quote user="singing canary"]he also worked on accle garden machinery[/quote]Would you use garden machinery to build a website?

Firstly, I commend you on your dedication to trying to create something like this, I know I wouldn''t be able to.But, do we need another fansite? What is going to make yours different to all the others? Are you just doing it to see if you can?I''m not being negative, but trying to inject a bit of reality into the planning process.

we have made ours into a forum .

the main reason we started ours was purely the fact i believed the pinkun was due to charge.

we can do it , but reality is ..its hard work and will take time .

we have spent so much time on the car site its all work in progress.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]As many of you are aware I enjoy writing some Norwich related material. I have been looking for a place for my material.

Therefore I would welcome any suggestions on the name. Whatever happens this site will have regular updates and hopefully strong material.[/quote]The Nest?

Morty,

My reason is quite clear. I wish to write about Norwich and creating a website is the easier way to showcase my work.

There may or may not be a need for another fan site, but eventually I do plan on creating something quite unique and believe there is always room for fans eyes type content.

Anyway I guess your just have to watch this space.

[quote user="Greg Downs Hairpiece"][quote user="Jim Kent"]As many of you are aware I enjoy writing some Norwich related material. I have been looking for a place for my material.

Therefore I would welcome any suggestions on the name. Whatever happens this site will have regular updates and hopefully strong material.[/quote]The Nest?[/quote]What happened to the nest. I seem to remember it was quite heavily pushed on quite a few City sites. Only seemed to last a few months though, if that. Perhaps a few too many egos involved.

Jim, firstly good luck with the venture. Just a couple of points, based

on what happened to another website, Kick It Off, that survived for a

while before disappearing.

I understand that the intention there was to have two people running it,

but that virtually straight away one dropped out, leaving just the

other. With the pressure of real real life - work, family etc - he

didn''t have enough time to devote to the website and it stagnated before

dying. So, in other words, if you want your site always to be

up-to-date with news and views (as opposed to my site, which is much

more occasional) then you need at least a couple of helpers.

Secondly, and I believe this was linked to the lack of help, although

Kick It Off LOOKED fantastic, the content didn''t match the packaging. A

great deal of the content was stuff you could find elsewhere, and the

in-house stuff was - bluntly - not that interesting. It was just another

fan''s view without anything special or unique to distinguish it from

any other fan''s view. I don''t particularly have any suggestions, but I

would say you very much need to work on the content, so that it''s more

than just another fan''s take on Canary matters.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Morty,

My reason is quite clear. I wish to write about Norwich and creating a website is the easier way to showcase my work.

There may or may not be a need for another fan site, but eventually I do plan on creating something quite unique and believe there is always room for fans eyes type content.

Anyway I guess your just have to watch this space.[/quote]I wasn''t criticising, merely pointing out theres already a lot out there, and also a lot have come and gone.But if yours is going to be unique then you have no worries.[Y]

"canaries.uk.net"

It''s not a real domain "uk.net" is, "canaries.uk.net" is a sub-domain of "uk.net"... not good!

You talk about getting traffic on your site like that is all that matters. You kids have no idea.

Try starting with some decent content before setting yourself up for a fall. Great ideas often never materialise and this isn''t even a good idea.