Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Why do people buy an away shirt??

I know this is a little random, but I wondered why people buy the away shirt... I get the home shirt because I’m proud to wear the Yellow and Green which instantly marks you out as Norwich supporter.

Obviously there is no problem with people owning an away shirt but I was just wandering why you would want it over a home shirt??

It isn''t bright yellow. That makes it more suitable as leisure wear if you happen to live somewhere that isn''t Norwich, (with all the accompanying staring that goes on if you are wearing home kit.)

(today I am wearing the White home kit before last).

I play footie - I tend to pick up old kit from the shop at the end of the season...

Basically - I could pay £5 for shorts to Mike Ashley - via Sport Soccer World - or City, so I go with City. I buy lots of away or keeper shorts/socks for variety.

"Yellow doesn''t look too good on us larger gents!"

Fortunately I look fantastic in yellow.

Although that''s go nothing to do with the colour.

Tin hat time here.... I actually do not like our yellow kit (any of it!!), I would like it better if our kit was more like our "Canary" counterparts in France (FC Nantes Atlantique). I only ever buy away shirts with my favourite being the British Racing Green with Lotus badge mentioned by WITS, I also liked the "tartan" away kit and the centenary shirt with all the fans names in the fabric of the shirt (mine being one)

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Tin hat time here.... I actually do not like our yellow kit (any of it!!), I would like it better if our kit was more like our "Canary" counterparts in France (FC Nantes Atlantique). I only ever buy away shirts with my favourite being the British Racing Green with Lotus badge mentioned by WITS, I also liked the "tartan" away kit and the centenary shirt with all the fans names in the fabric of the shirt (mine being one)[/quote]I have the blue tartan one, thats one of my faves!Also have the centenary shirt as mine and my two lad''s names are on it but I have only worn it twice, as I really don''t like the look for some reason.

I always have the latest shirt bought for me as a birthday present so will normally have both.

[quote user="H4H"]I know this is a little random, but I wondered why people buy the away shirt... I get the home shirt because I’m proud to wear the Yellow and Green which instantly marks you out as Norwich supporter. Obviously there is no problem with people owning an away shirt but I was just wandering why you would want it over a home shirt??[/quote]

I buy both, so each one goes into my collection, the earliest one I have is the 1902 shirt, with a grand total of 60 shirts I feel quite proud of 

corr the Tartan army shirt takes me back, they should bring that back! The yellow for next season is pretty oppresive, you do get looks walking round Sheffield in it, also playing football often you have white/black shirted teams so they''re useful for that.

I''ve got a few away shirts and tend to use them for playing sport in and keep my home shirts in better condition for games (is this odd)

I have the old Colmans green away one, got it for my birthday that season. I also have the Lotus one but only because its probably the best away shirt I can ever remember City having.

White is no good to me, stains to easily and I don''t want my beloved teams shirt plastered with stains from playing footie in it, eating bbq hot-dogs and get ketchup on it etc etc etc. Must be a nightmare for the kit people . . . .

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Tin hat time here.... I actually do not like our yellow kit (any of it!!), I would like it better if our kit was more like our "Canary" counterparts in France (FC Nantes Atlantique). I only ever buy away shirts with my favourite being the British Racing Green with Lotus badge mentioned by WITS, I also liked the "tartan" away kit and the centenary shirt with all the fans names in the fabric of the shirt (mine being one)[/quote]I''m glad I''m not the only one who doesn''t like our yellow kit, in nearly forty years supporting the club I have never bought a replica kit because I don''t particularly like yellow and green. Have bought a few t shirts and sweat shirts over the years though.

I agree - yellow and green looks beautiful on the pitch but not on a chubby City fan!

I love it when City play in all white like they did at Wycombe this season - worst City kits have got to be the all red they''ve worn at Wolves and Hull in recent years.

[quote user="First Jedi"]I play footie - I tend to pick up old kit from the shop at the end of the season... Basically - I could pay £5 for shorts to Mike Ashley - via Sport Soccer World - or City, so I go with City. I buy lots of away or keeper shorts/socks for variety.[/quote]

i work there!

I agree! Why on Earth don''t we just get it sorted - the club would sell loads and we''d have Championship cred again! Mr McNally!!!!!

[quote user="chicken"]

I have the old Colmans green away one, got it for my birthday that season. I also have the Lotus one but only because its probably the best away shirt I can ever remember City having.

White is no good to me, stains to easily and I don''t want my beloved teams shirt plastered with stains from playing footie in it, eating bbq hot-dogs and get ketchup on it etc etc etc. Must be a nightmare for the kit people . . . .

[/quote]Have you not heard of Vanish? That removes pretty much all types of stain [;)]