Sign in to follow this  
Murphy and the Bricks

David Marshall

Play-off final defeat was lowest point of my career - Marshall

Last updated: 25/05/2010 09:54:00

Cardiff''s former Norwich ''keeper David Marshall admitted Championship play-off defeat at Wembley hurt much more than the Canaries'' relegation 12 months earlier.

Blackpool''s 3-2 victory denied Marshall a shot at the Premiership one year on from leaving Norfolk within days of City''s abject Championship finale at Charlton which condemned Bryan Gunn''s side to League One. The Scottish international accepts it will take more than a summer break to recover from the hammer blow of losing the richest club game in world football.

“I feel so low it is incredible,” he said. “I felt physically sick walking out of the place a loser. I have never experienced a feeling like that - it is gut-wrenching, you feel empty.

“It is the lowest point of my career without a doubt. I have never experienced being here before. I had such high expectations, we expected to defend better and we didn''t.”

Nice to know he didnt feel helping to place Norwich in their lowest League position was a low point what a tosser!!!!!

I for one will boo David Marshall when he comes back here next season.Was one of a number players I didnt give a damn about when he left- only one I would have tried to keep was Sammy Clingan.