Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Mustard

NOT to consolidate!...

With so many rumours currently flying around, it may be worth bearing reference to Alan Bowkett’s comments (Chairman’s Message currently on the NCFC site): “We will enter the Championship with a budget that will allow us to compete for a top 6 position, NOT to consolidate”…

That suggests we should be in a financial position to compete with other clubs (like Leeds?) for Fraser Forster should he be available – and to acquire some other decent players too?

With the Chairman clearly stating Norwich are aiming for the top 6 in the Championship surely that''s the type of message fans want to hear!

It will be an interesting summer.  The reality of the Championship for our club before was that we simply did not have the money or the attraction factor, in terms of location or manager, to get decent players in.  I fear a summer watching Leeds sweeping up while we take the crumbs, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.I trust bowkett/McNally/Lambert - lets hope they are really looking to match clubs like Leeds.

We did indeed but Roeder wasted it on loans, agent fees etc.

The proof of whether we are there to consolidate or push for something more will be seen over the next few weeks in the faces that come in.

I have listened to fine words from a City Board too many times over the years, however I am cautiously optimistic this time. [:)]

[quote user="followtheboyzinyellow"]Not having the money before? We had one of the biggest player budgets in the league. The same as Wolves actually, who went up whilst we went down[/quote]We may have had the same budget for wages but we didn''t have the millions that they had avaliable to spend on transfer fees, they spent a couple of million quid on Ewbanks Blake alone and that is why they are in the prem.

[quote user="followtheboyzinyellow"]Not having the money before? We had one of the biggest player budgets in the league. The same as Wolves actually, who went up whilst we went down[/quote]

wrong and right imo

when we came down we had two stabs at promotion with likes miller, cort, kennedy, ince etc.... and failed

the summer mick came in we had no money, 8 first teamers come last week of July (having to sell or release all high earners) and had settle for make shift players to build a squad such as craig davies, jemal johnson, jamie clapham the list is endless...we got through that phase and on team spirit alone reached the playoffs.

we then got investment of morgan....we pumped in a few million but spent majority on it wisely in key purchases as well unlocking odds 100k gems such as ward, kightly and jarvis

we didnt go up on parachute money, quite simply we failed in same way you did and our squad was dismantled same way yours did

[quote user="Docs Big Nose that was at the Heart of the Defence"]Some would be forgiven to assume that we are consolodating by being linked to players like Crofts.[/quote]i thought that at first with him, but he''s an established welsh international, (yeah yeah carl robinson) but i think he''ll be better than most of us think.