Sign in to follow this  
Europe_93

Play off defeat or relegation??

Following Marshall''s declaration that the play off final defeat was far worse than relegation, just wondered what other fans thought. For me relegation to league one was far tougher than losing to Birmingham at Cardiff.

Maybe he was just saying what the Cardiff fans want to hear or maybe this just shows a difference between players and fans. Last season he knew he could leave us, this season he has missed his shot at the premiership - players thoughts to a club are secondary to their own careers. And the leagues to a large degree determine their wages.

However, I would take a cup win and relegation, a la 85. A place in the record books secured and hopefully bounce back the season after.

It was much harder watching us not turn up at The Valley, then it was watching us muck up on penalties. I think that the majority of us knew once the game against Birmingham went to penalties, it just wasn''t going to be our day. However, 3,000 of us went to The Valley in good voice and the expectation that we would win to stay up.... But what we got on the fireld was a totally different story.

Play off defeat at a club you''re planning to stay at vs. getting relegated with a club you know you''re already leaving because your agent''s going to get you back into the Championship with a different team?  Hmm, let me think.....

to be fair to him, he''s a celtic fan, so no real loyalties come into it, he''d have had prem football if Cardiff beat Blackpool, virtually any footy pro''s goal in life. As for us, he was a good servant, but had ultimately proved himself worthy of a move back to the championship.

It is well documented what Marshall thought, the question is what do other fans think was more difficult, play off defeat or relegation?