Sign in to follow this  
George Smiley

Chopra for Ipswich

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]Blimey two bin boys ! Must be dad''s turn tonight.

So my little farmhands tell us why you are having to cut the squad ? Why Keane is talikng about out of contract players ?

You have not a pot to pee in. Your debt is rising. You have no means of paying it off.

Last season you again had a drop in income, a drop in gate receipts and you have 3000 less strawchewers to fill up poorman road.

Dream all you like binboys, but the plughole is the only place your grubby,m thieving little club is going

gurgle gurgle

RIPswich

ps "read City1st''s every single post about Ipswich" nice to see that your sad life has little else other than to be on a Norwich board monitoring my posts[/quote]You are one very sad, bitter, obsessed little man...[/quote]Says the tool posting on a rivals website... Doesn''t take a genius to work out that this probably isn''t the place to find too many people singing your clubs praises does it?[/quote]Well excuse me for wanting a mature, adult football discussion...

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]You could be right - the jury is definitely still out on him, although our 2nd half of the season was top 6 form, so I will certainly give him until Christmas/January transfer window to see if we''ve developed further.[/quote]The guy is minted, he doesn''t need to work again ever if he doesn''t want to, and he has a habit of alienating players.This isn''t just petty rivalry, in fact when you got him I thought you had done well, but there really is something about him that I detest.If Marcus is as shrewd as you say he is then I reckon Mr Keane has about 10 games next season.[/quote]This line about him alienating players is truly a myth... as there was certainly no lack of effort and application from the players last season. In fact that was our greatest strength.You may also be right about it being a 10-game period, who would have thought Magilton would have been fired the day after beating NCFC? But Evans is prepared to make those tough decisions.[/quote]I''m not convinced to be honest. The trick about man management, whatever business you are in, is that different people respond best to different techniques. Some may respond to a good shouting at, some may respond to an "arm round the shoulder and gentle ego massaging chat" and a good manager of men will have the ability to do both. If I''m honest I can''t see Roy Keane giving anyone a cuddle lol.Yeah, he will be under the microscope very quickly next season, Glenn Roeder is available if it all goes wrong btw.[Y][/quote]That''s where you''re wrong - a number of players have come out in the press over the past 12 months to say that Keane has always been approachable when needed. He has an aura and a presence and in many ways that is enough to create that hard-working environment. Some say he rules by fear, but it is incorrect, the man has high standards and some will thrive in that environment and others will fall by the wayside.Nice to have a civilised chat with some NCFC fans aside from the class clown![/quote]He probably told them to say that to the press or he would kick their heads in [;)]I still don''t entirely know what to make of the man, he only succeeded at Sunderland with a massive bag of cash, and despite your run near the end lets not forget you were seriously flirting with relegation for part of the season. I know a few fans that can''t wait to see the back of him, and like previously discussed, its time to deliver next season, and quickly.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]You could be right - the jury is definitely still out on him, although our 2nd half of the season was top 6 form, so I will certainly give him until Christmas/January transfer window to see if we''ve developed further.[/quote]The guy is minted, he doesn''t need to work again ever if he doesn''t want to, and he has a habit of alienating players.This isn''t just petty rivalry, in fact when you got him I thought you had done well, but there really is something about him that I detest.If Marcus is as shrewd as you say he is then I reckon Mr Keane has about 10 games next season.[/quote]This line about him alienating players is truly a myth... as there was certainly no lack of effort and application from the players last season. In fact that was our greatest strength.You may also be right about it being a 10-game period, who would have thought Magilton would have been fired the day after beating NCFC? But Evans is prepared to make those tough decisions.[/quote]I''m not convinced to be honest. The trick about man management, whatever business you are in, is that different people respond best to different techniques. Some may respond to a good shouting at, some may respond to an "arm round the shoulder and gentle ego massaging chat" and a good manager of men will have the ability to do both. If I''m honest I can''t see Roy Keane giving anyone a cuddle lol.Yeah, he will be under the microscope very quickly next season, Glenn Roeder is available if it all goes wrong btw.[Y][/quote]That''s where you''re wrong - a number of players have come out in the press over the past 12 months to say that Keane has always been approachable when needed. He has an aura and a presence and in many ways that is enough to create that hard-working environment. Some say he rules by fear, but it is incorrect, the man has high standards and some will thrive in that environment and others will fall by the wayside.Nice to have a civilised chat with some NCFC fans aside from the class clown![/quote]He probably told them to say that to the press or he would kick their heads in [;)]I still don''t entirely know what to make of the man, he only succeeded at Sunderland with a massive bag of cash, and despite your run near the end lets not forget you were seriously flirting with relegation for part of the season. I know a few fans that can''t wait to see the back of him, and like previously discussed, its time to deliver next season, and quickly.[/quote]Yep, ultimately the proof in the pudding is next season and this summer is a very big one for all concerned. We shall see what the close season brings... if Chopra comes then so be it.

"You are one very sad, bitter, obsessed little man..."

Oh dearie me.

Have I upset you my little pig farmer ? Does the truth cut a little too deeply ? Are the naughty men laughing at you and your mighty town ?

So before you go young farmhand perhaps you can remind us why you are on a City board or why you seem have have been reading my every post ?

Finally do please tell us binboy. Is your grubby little club ..........

1. £35m plus in debt

2. Unable to pay £10m last season

3. Still losing income year on year

4. Having less gate receipts again last year

5. Losing 3000 season ticket holders

6. Having an owner who charges you for £25m on a debt he bought for £6m ?

7. No one wanting to sponsor your shirts

gurgle gurgle

RIPswich

[quote user="City1st"]"You are one very sad, bitter, obsessed little man..."

Oh dearie me.

Have I upset you my little pig farmer ? Does the truth cut a little too deeply ? Are the naughty men laughing at you and your mighty town ?

So before you go young farmhand perhaps you can remind us why you are on a City board or why you seem have have been reading my every post ?

Finally do please tell us binboy. Is your grubby little club ..........

1. £35m plus in debt

2. Unable to pay £10m last season

3. Still losing income year on year

4. Having less gate receipts again last year

5. Losing 3000 season ticket holders

6. Having an owner who charges you for £25m on a debt he bought for £6m ?

7. No one wanting to sponsor your shirts

gurgle gurgle

RIPswich[/quote]Tell me a club that isnt losing money year on year? Do you really blame the season ticket holders that have left? 3-4 seasons of mediocrity would be enough to test hardened supporters. It is a testament that we are still averaging 21k with our ticket prices...You sound incredibly similar to an obsessed NCFC fan on Football Forums many moons ago - that''s not you by any chance?!

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]Blimey two bin boys ! Must be dad''s turn tonight.

So my little farmhands tell us why you are having to cut the squad ? Why Keane is talikng about out of contract players ?

You have not a pot to pee in. Your debt is rising. You have no means of paying it off.

Last season you again had a drop in income, a drop in gate receipts and you have 3000 less strawchewers to fill up poorman road.

Dream all you like binboys, but the plughole is the only place your grubby,m thieving little club is going

gurgle gurgle

RIPswich

ps "read City1st''s every single post about Ipswich" nice to see that your sad life has little else other than to be on a Norwich board monitoring my posts[/quote]You are one very sad, bitter, obsessed little man...[/quote]Says the tool posting on a rivals website... Doesn''t take a genius to work out that this probably isn''t the place to find too many people singing your clubs praises does it?[/quote]Get a grip.

You don''t appear too bright so maybe lets drop it too your level.

Your club is in existence solely through robbing and defrauding others

Never the brightest fans in the world you rather stupidly thought that having had toi hand over your club for a pittance under the delusion it was an ivestment.

having squeaked endlessly about the ''binvestment'' the reality is slowly hitting home. There is no money. The years of cheating all and sundry are finally coming home to rest.

The point about other clubs is invalid when set against the claim of so many of you simpletons that the spiv is ''pumping money in''.

The average is not valid either as it not how many have actually attended. The 3000 drop is due to the the huge number who swallowed the guff last season about operation premiership, but stopped attending last autumn.

I have no idea about football forum. I enjoy a bit of banter with fellow City fans on a City board, That''s it. Unlike you who spends all his meaningless existence trawling round forums hoping to find someone to ''talk'' to.

As to the info it is cast iron. It comes from a mate of my nephew who works on the EADT, who has close links with poorman road. Your club is in shit creek big time. You can bleat on here all you like but the evidence is staring you full in the face, if you ever get out of your back bedroom.

So bye bye binboy, enjoy Div 1

RIPswich

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]You could be right - the jury is definitely still out on him, although our 2nd half of the season was top 6 form, so I will certainly give him until Christmas/January transfer window to see if we''ve developed further.[/quote]The guy is minted, he doesn''t need to work again ever if he doesn''t want to, and he has a habit of alienating players.This isn''t just petty rivalry, in fact when you got him I thought you had done well, but there really is something about him that I detest.If Marcus is as shrewd as you say he is then I reckon Mr Keane has about 10 games next season.[/quote]This line about him alienating players is truly a myth... as there was certainly no lack of effort and application from the players last season. In fact that was our greatest strength.You may also be right about it being a 10-game period, who would have thought Magilton would have been fired the day after beating NCFC? But Evans is prepared to make those tough decisions.[/quote]I''m not convinced to be honest. The trick about man management, whatever business you are in, is that different people respond best to different techniques. Some may respond to a good shouting at, some may respond to an "arm round the shoulder and gentle ego massaging chat" and a good manager of men will have the ability to do both. If I''m honest I can''t see Roy Keane giving anyone a cuddle lol.Yeah, he will be under the microscope very quickly next season, Glenn Roeder is available if it all goes wrong btw.[Y][/quote]That''s where you''re wrong - a number of players have come out in the press over the past 12 months to say that Keane has always been approachable when needed. He has an aura and a presence and in many ways that is enough to create that hard-working environment. Some say he rules by fear, but it is incorrect, the man has high standards and some will thrive in that environment and others will fall by the wayside.Nice to have a civilised chat with some NCFC fans aside from the class clown![/quote]He probably told them to say that to the press or he would kick their heads in [;)]I still don''t entirely know what to make of the man, he only succeeded at Sunderland with a massive bag of cash, and despite your run near the end lets not forget you were seriously flirting with relegation for part of the season. I know a few fans that can''t wait to see the back of him, and like previously discussed, its time to deliver next season, and quickly.[/quote]Yep, ultimately the proof in the pudding is next season and this summer is a very big one for all concerned. We shall see what the close season brings... if Chopra comes then so be it.[/quote]Are you willing to put £15 on him being there at the end of next season, or is that riskier than a bet on Portugal to beat Cape Verde Islands?

[quote user="City1st"]You don''t appear too bright so maybe lets drop it too your level.

Your club is in existence solely through robbing and defrauding others

Never the brightest fans in the world you rather stupidly thought that having had toi hand over your club for a pittance under the delusion it was an ivestment.

having squeaked endlessly about the ''binvestment'' the reality is slowly hitting home. There is no money. The years of cheating all and sundry are finally coming home to rest.

The point about other clubs is invalid when set against the claim of so many of you simpletons that the spiv is ''pumping money in''.

The average is not valid either as it not how many have actually attended. The 3000 drop is due to the the huge number who swallowed the guff last season about operation premiership, but stopped attending last autumn.

I have no idea about football forum. I enjoy a bit of banter with fellow City fans on a City board, That''s it. Unlike you who spends all his meaningless existence trawling round forums hoping to find someone to ''talk'' to.

As to the info it is cast iron. It comes from a mate of my nephew who works on the EADT, who has close links with poorman road. Your club is in shit creek big time. You can bleat on here all you like but the evidence is staring you full in the face, if you ever get out of your back bedroom.

So bye bye binboy, enjoy Div 1

RIPswich[/quote]If this was all true then when haven''t the EADT reported it?  I get it every day, and there has been nothing on it, more about the fact that Keane is going to spend money this summer.  If the EADT got a story like that they would be running with it for weeks.I smell BS, and to be honest, it does sound like you are being rather bitter Mr 1st.  Ipswich spent nearly £10m this year, tell me how a club with ''no money'' manages to do that?  If they really were defrauding people at the moment then I am sure they would also be struggling to pay HMRC, and I don''t see them chasing Evans'' tail.Why can''t we enjoy a bit of banter with an Ipswich fan for heavens sake, it''s not like they are all retards.  Spainboy was an idiotic Leeds fan, but a lot of people appreciated the posts by willynaylor.  Stop being so bloody minded.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Why can''t we enjoy a bit of banter with an Ipswich fan for heavens sake, it''s not like they are all retards.[/quote]I think you''ll find they are.They can''t help it though. They''re from Suffolk.For reference, see First Wizard.

Not sure it would a a great signing for them.

We bought the Championship top scorer (Curo) - and that didn''t exactly turn out well.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Why can''t we enjoy a bit of banter with an Ipswich fan for heavens sake, it''s not like they are all retards.  Spainboy was an idiotic Leeds fan, but a lot of people appreciated the posts by willynaylor.  Stop being so bloody minded.[/quote]binner

Why would he want to move from play-off finalists to mid-table finishers who spent most of the season in the bottom 6? Hardly a good career move and that''s before you consider the fact that Roy Keane is an under-achieving bully who''s reputation must be common knowledge throughout the football leagues. Surely Chopra would only leave Cardiff for a Premier League club of whom I''m sure thare are a few interested.

Without my i hate Ipshxt head on, i would say i would love Chopra to be a target for us he is a proven goalscorer, did Keane not take him to Sunderland if so then he has worked with him before. As for Ipshxt i think personally they will be play off contenders this season, last year too many draws cost them, turn some of those into wins, playoffs were a possibility as i heard they were not playing bad just could not turn draws to wins.

As for City i can see a 10-12th finish unless we look above the level of player we are said to be looking at but consolidation is our target this year and history is against double promotion, so i can see steady as we go.

Open to be corrected here but although Chopra does score goals at this leve, have always had the impression that they have been in fits and starts - i.e. several games scoring 2 or 3 goals per game, then a barren spell for a fair few games, then another hot streak followed by more goalless games.

If the above is right there''s a couple of ways of looking at it. Rose tinted being that he bangs in lots of goals. Cloudier view being that a lot of those goals are already when a ''game is won''.

The debt situation at our Clubs is changing fast - our spell in the 3rd tier has by all accounts hiked down our running costs, and now we are covering our costs; but our ''rich'' neighbours appear to be the very model of the Clubs in serious financial meltdown with one wealthy owner pumping in a few million quid each year, allowing the Club to run in deficit whilst ratcheting up the debt to the owner himself. That is OK until said owner runs out of slush fund or patience and next season could well be make or break for several teams in this situation. Promotion or bust?

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]Blimey two bin boys ! Must be dad''s turn tonight. So my little farmhands tell us why you are having to cut the squad ? Why Keane is talikng about out of contract players ? You have not a pot to pee in. Your debt is rising. You have no means of paying it off. Last season you again had a drop in income, a drop in gate receipts and you have 3000 less strawchewers to fill up poorman road. Dream all you like binboys, but the plughole is the only place your grubby,m thieving little club is going gurgle gurgle RIPswich ps "read City1st''s every single post about Ipswich" nice to see that your sad life has little else other than to be on a Norwich board monitoring my posts[/quote]

You are one very sad, bitter, obsessed little man...
[/quote]

And you are one very sad person for coming onto a NCFC forum, go inhabit your own

[quote user="portmanking"]Marcus Evans is a shrewd businessman [/quote]excuse whilst it just wet myself!

If you can stop being childish for a few seconds, it could be worth popping over to the EADT. On there is a rather interesting article saying what a dream team Wickham and Chopra would be. But on it, the article acknowledges how unlikely the move is, citing wage demands and Chopra''s reluctance to move from Cardiff for anything less than a Premiership move.

So, yes, it would be a good signing. But it looks like, at best, a rather nice pipe dream. Expect Ipswich to have to settle for someone rather less impressive.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]If you can stop being childish for a few seconds, it could be worth popping over to the EADT. On there is a rather interesting article saying what a dream team Wickham and Chopra would be. But on it, the article acknowledges how unlikely the move is, citing wage demands and Chopra''s reluctance to move from Cardiff for anything less than a Premiership move. So, yes, it would be a good signing. But it looks like, at best, a rather nice pipe dream. Expect Ipswich to have to settle for someone rather less impressive.[/quote]

Jamie Cureton? [:D]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]If you can stop being childish for a few seconds, it could be worth popping over to the EADT. On there is a rather interesting article saying what a dream team Wickham and Chopra would be. But on it, the article acknowledges how unlikely the move is, citing wage demands and Chopra''s reluctance to move from Cardiff for anything less than a Premiership move.

So, yes, it would be a good signing. But it looks like, at best, a rather nice pipe dream. Expect Ipswich to have to settle for someone rather less impressive.[/quote]Like I''ve already said, it is certainly not a given that we will get Chopra. Although Chopra credits Keane for getting his career on track and for helping him with his gambling and drinking addictions a couple of years back so it will be interesting to note the strength of their mutual respect.In a recent interview Keane said he has one particular target in mind and that he thought it was a realistic move, so we will see what the next weeks bring.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="portmanking"]Marcus Evans is a shrewd businessman [/quote]excuse whilst it just wet myself![/quote]What is there to scoff at there?! You do know Evans increased his wealth by over £100m in the last 12 months despite the economic recession? Certainly doesn''t smack of naive and feeble to me.

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="portmanking"]Marcus Evans is a shrewd businessman [/quote]excuse whilst it just wet myself![/quote]What is there to scoff at there?! You do know Evans increased his wealth by over £100m in the last 12 months despite the economic recession? Certainly doesn''t smack of naive and feeble to me.[/quote]and just how did he make that money???? im sure middle Eastern countries might be able to help you

re ..''You do know Evans increased his wealth by over £100m in the last 12 months despite the economic recession? Certainly doesn''t smack of naive and feeble to me''. Wonder how much of that is the investment in ITFC valued at cost.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="portmanking"]Marcus Evans is a shrewd businessman [/quote]excuse whilst it just wet myself![/quote]What is there to scoff at there?! You do know Evans increased his wealth by over £100m in the last 12 months despite the economic recession? Certainly doesn''t smack of naive and feeble to me.[/quote]and just how did he make that money???? im sure middle Eastern countries might be able to help you[/quote]*Yawn*

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="portmanking"]

Marcus Evans is a shrewd businessman
[/quote]
excuse whilst it just wet myself!
[/quote]

What is there to scoff at there?! You do know Evans increased his wealth by over £100m in the last 12 months despite the economic recession? Certainly doesn''t smack of naive and feeble to me.
[/quote]

and just how did he make that money???? im sure middle Eastern countries might be able to help you
[/quote]

*Yawn*
[/quote]

Making out that something is boring doesn''t make it untrue ...

So where''s this proof that Evans is an arms dealer? If you''d like to

carry on making slanderous comments I''m sure he''d love to hear it!

[quote user="portmanking"]So where''s this proof that Evans is an arms dealer? If you''d like to carry on making slanderous comments I''m sure he''d love to hear it![/quote]

Where''s the proof that he isn''t? Anyway, you''re the only one who has suggested such a thing [:O]

[quote]You do know Evans increased his wealth by over £100m in the last 12

months despite the economic recession?[/quote]How much of that increase in wealth was down to the increase in debt owed to him by Ipswich Town ?

[quote user="portmanking"]So where''s this proof that Evans is an arms dealer? If you''d like to carry on making slanderous comments I''m sure he''d love to hear it![/quote]

And I think you''ll find that as it is written, libel would be a more suitable charge than slander which concerns spoken defamation.

Is he going to have me shot? [:)]