Sign in to follow this  
George Smiley

Chopra for Ipswich

Been having a gander at the Cardiff message boards, it seems that that  blue scum from down the road are very interested in buying Chopra (for 3 mill).I hate to say it but it would be a brilliant signing for them as he was the top striker in the championship this year.

[quote user="renegadecanary"]Been having a gander at the Cardiff message boards, it seems that that  blue scum from down the road are very interested in buying Chopra (for 3 mill).I hate to say it but it would be a brilliant signing for them as he was the top striker in the championship this year.[/quote]1. they havent got 3 millionand2. Keane could turn Lionel Messi crap! he will certainly not use Chopra right.

I thought he was excellent in the play off final. All depends on the talks coming up with new investors I guess, if they''re not so keen now Cardiff didn''t get promoted then they may be forced to sell.Still, I should imagine Keano will alienate him enough to make his goals dry up.

He was excellent and 1 i think could do blackpool a favour in the prem for 3 mill! ...I know its going back a bit,but in the conf play off final,those 2 strikers for Oxford ,Constable and someone else,looked very good!...The goals were of any league quality and their allround play was much better quality than i expected for that level..If they keep those 2,i really expect Oxford to be amongst the favs in league 2 next year..

[quote user="Anderz"]Hasn''t Keane already worked with and fallen out with Chopra at Sunderland?[/quote]

Wasn''t it Keane who helped him with his gambling problems? I think they may actually be quite close, or am I thinking of someone else?

Cardiff face meltdown now that they failed to go up. many of their assets will leave. Chopra is proven at championship level and any club would be exited about the signing. We are alas more in the bargain basement level at the moment. This does not mean that some of the signings this summer will not turn out to be gems

That''s interesting Capitano because Michael Chopra has consistently shown that he can score goals at Championship level. Holt and Martin are yet to prove this?

I have every faith in Martin to do the business and am hoping Holt can do the business. But to say you''d rather have an unproven 29 year old and an unproven 21 year old over a proven 26 year old who has averaged a goal every other game at Championship level is quite a bold statement.

Keane has been told he can spend big money on a stiker this summer , Marcus Evans seems a very good owner  having shelled out millions already and still willing to back the manager .Surely they know you can get better value down in League 1 though  ? .

Actually, it''s fairly common knowledge a bid has been made. Whether Cardiff will accept or not depends on their financial situation. Also you have to remember - he may not sign.

"very interested in buying Chopra (for 3 mill)"

With what !

The paupers currently lie a few places below Greece, Portsmouth and Fergie. They''ve had to ship out three of their higher earners, and there''s every indication that they''ll have to ship out a few more to keep them afloat. If there''s anything left they maybe able to sniff round to see what out of contract players haven''t already been signed up.

Problem is Keane needs the wages of the dross hanging around poorman road. Unfortunately he''ll have quite a time trying to negotiate with them and other clubs to cut a deal. Don''t expect much and then the first in will only be out of contract freebies, followed by a few unwanted rejects that will be hailed as the dawning of "Operation Stay out of the Bottom Three"

I think there''s a good reason why 3000 binners are not renewing their season tickets and sponsors cannot be found for the stands or even the shirts.

Perhaps they could could follow or model whereby success has led to more seats being put in. Take out about 14,000 seats and poorman rd might sell out a few games next season.

RIPswich

Oh come on Marcus Evans is going to keep pumping money into them untill they make it to the Premiership where he will look to recoup his money with a good bit on top , if Ipswich are skint i wish we could be as skint as them because two or three of their players are worth more than our entire playing staff.

Oh dear, a whiff of reality too much for you binboy ?

Remind us City folk how much your impoverished club actually owes ? Remind us how much you couldnt pay last season. £10m wasn''t it ? Hardly suggest moiney being ''pumped in'' does it ?

Nor does having to farm out your higher earners to afford two Sunderland has beens suggest money being ''pumped in'' ? Or that this ''pumper in'' of money is charging you interest on the £8.1m you had to borrow to stay afloat. Charging you interest on the full £25m debt rather than the lower figure claimed. Hardly appears to be helping you out when you are being charged MORE interest then when he took over. that you will have MORE debt this coming season than when he took over.

You have had a lower income, season after season. Your season tickert sales have been down season after season - they are currently THREE THOUSAND down on last season. Your squad is having to be cut AGAIN. And your hapless manager is talking about bringing in four or five ''out of contract'' players, IF he can shift some of the other ''higher'' earners.

Even your gormless chief executive has stated that you have to start paying your way and living within your budget ie not scounging off others season after season. Sadly, like Fergie; I don''t think you paupers know how. So it is going to be great fun yet again this season watching your debt ridden club flounder at the bottom of the league.

RIPswich

Been a City fan longer than you have been on the earth probably but you are letting your hate of Ipswich cloud your reasoning , go along and take a look at their squad and how much it cost go read where Keane has been told he can spend big money on a striker this summer then wake up and stop talking so much utter drivel.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Been a City fan longer than you have been on the earth probably but you are letting your hate of Ipswich cloud your reasoning , go along and take a look at their squad and how much it cost go read where Keane has been told he can spend big money on a striker this summer then wake up and stop talking so much utter drivel.[/quote]Finally someone who speaks some sense. It must be embarassing as NCFC fans to read City1st''s every single post about Ipswich, the man (?) is clearly obsessed.There is no doubt that we will be going for a ''marquee'' striker this summer. Whether Keane can entice Chopra to make a somewhat sideways move remains to be seen. Ebanks-Blake is also firmly on our radar so I''ve been told.

Keane says that he has had a chat with club owner Marcus Evans and chief executive Simon Clegg and told them of the players he has in mind to bring in.

“Blackpool and Leicester have done well without spending a fortune so it proves it can be done,” added Keane.

“But while other positions can be filled without breaking the bank, I have been given the okay to throw money at bringing in a goalscoring threat.

“The owner has been very supportive and I’m sitting back a bit now while the chief executive deals with negotiations with other clubs.

“We paid decent money last year for Lee Martin and Tamas Priskin and they have not worked out yet, but I have faith in them and some players take longer to settle than others.”

Indeed, I don''t quite know where City1st got his assumption that we are going for ''4 or 5 out of contract players''... Marcus Evans is a shrewd businessman and Keane knows that he will have to make a couple of lower budget signings in other areas if he is to spend good money in the final third... common sense.At the end of the day I think we are on a different level to NCFC in terms of spending and overall playing squad, not in an arrogant way as I would like nothing more than to see us win the league and NCFC get promoted in 2nd - would be great to see the East Anglian derby in the top flight again.

[quote user="portmanking"]Indeed, I don''t quite know where City1st got his assumption that we are going for ''4 or 5 out of contract players''... Marcus Evans is a shrewd businessman and Keane knows that he will have to make a couple of lower budget signings in other areas if he is to spend good money in the final third... common sense.At the end of the day I think we are on a different level to NCFC in terms of spending and overall playing squad, not in an arrogant way as I would like nothing more than to see us win the league and NCFC get promoted in 2nd - would be great to see the East Anglian derby in the top flight again.[/quote]I think your weakest link is your manager.Seriously.

You could be right - the jury is definitely still out on him, although our 2nd half of the season was top 6 form, so I will certainly give him until Christmas/January transfer window to see if we''ve developed further.

[quote user="portmanking"]You could be right - the jury is definitely still out on him, although our 2nd half of the season was top 6 form, so I will certainly give him until Christmas/January transfer window to see if we''ve developed further.[/quote]The guy is minted, he doesn''t need to work again ever if he doesn''t want to, and he has a habit of alienating players.This isn''t just petty rivalry, in fact when you got him I thought you had done well, but there really is something about him that I detest.If Marcus is as shrewd as you say he is then I reckon Mr Keane has about 10 games next season.

Ipswich certainly have the potential to challenge for promotion next season, then again didn''t most people expect  them to do so the season just gone? I don''t see any good reasoning as to why we can''t out perform the scum during the duration of the up and coming season, we certainly have the better manager that''s for sure! [:)]

Blimey two bin boys ! Must be dad''s turn tonight.

So my little farmhands tell us why you are having to cut the squad ? Why Keane is talikng about out of contract players ?

You have not a pot to pee in. Your debt is rising. You have no means of paying it off.

Last season you again had a drop in income, a drop in gate receipts and you have 3000 less strawchewers to fill up poorman road.

Dream all you like binboys, but the plughole is the only place your grubby,m thieving little club is going

gurgle gurgle

RIPswich

ps "read City1st''s every single post about Ipswich" nice to see that your sad life has little else other than to be on a Norwich board monitoring my posts

[quote user="renegadecanary"]Been having a gander at the Cardiff message boards, it seems that that  blue scum from down the road are very interested in buying Chopra (for 3 mill).I hate to say it but it would be a brilliant signing for them as he was the top striker in the championship this year.[/quote]

Piswich Town & Michael Chopra - Both overhyped and underperformers and are therefore made for each other.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]You could be right - the jury is definitely still out on him, although our 2nd half of the season was top 6 form, so I will certainly give him until Christmas/January transfer window to see if we''ve developed further.[/quote]The guy is minted, he doesn''t need to work again ever if he doesn''t want to, and he has a habit of alienating players.This isn''t just petty rivalry, in fact when you got him I thought you had done well, but there really is something about him that I detest.If Marcus is as shrewd as you say he is then I reckon Mr Keane has about 10 games next season.[/quote]This line about him alienating players is truly a myth... as there was certainly no lack of effort and application from the players last season. In fact that was our greatest strength.You may also be right about it being a 10-game period, who would have thought Magilton would have been fired the day after beating NCFC? But Evans is prepared to make those tough decisions.

[quote user="City1st"]Blimey two bin boys ! Must be dad''s turn tonight.

So my little farmhands tell us why you are having to cut the squad ? Why Keane is talikng about out of contract players ?

You have not a pot to pee in. Your debt is rising. You have no means of paying it off.

Last season you again had a drop in income, a drop in gate receipts and you have 3000 less strawchewers to fill up poorman road.

Dream all you like binboys, but the plughole is the only place your grubby,m thieving little club is going

gurgle gurgle

RIPswich

ps "read City1st''s every single post about Ipswich" nice to see that your sad life has little else other than to be on a Norwich board monitoring my posts[/quote]You are one very sad, bitter, obsessed little man...

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]You could be right - the jury is definitely still out on him, although our 2nd half of the season was top 6 form, so I will certainly give him until Christmas/January transfer window to see if we''ve developed further.[/quote]The guy is minted, he doesn''t need to work again ever if he doesn''t want to, and he has a habit of alienating players.This isn''t just petty rivalry, in fact when you got him I thought you had done well, but there really is something about him that I detest.If Marcus is as shrewd as you say he is then I reckon Mr Keane has about 10 games next season.[/quote]This line about him alienating players is truly a myth... as there was certainly no lack of effort and application from the players last season. In fact that was our greatest strength.You may also be right about it being a 10-game period, who would have thought Magilton would have been fired the day after beating NCFC? But Evans is prepared to make those tough decisions.[/quote]I''m not convinced to be honest. The trick about man management, whatever business you are in, is that different people respond best to different techniques. Some may respond to a good shouting at, some may respond to an "arm round the shoulder and gentle ego massaging chat" and a good manager of men will have the ability to do both. If I''m honest I can''t see Roy Keane giving anyone a cuddle lol.Yeah, he will be under the microscope very quickly next season, Glenn Roeder is available if it all goes wrong btw.[Y]

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]Blimey two bin boys ! Must be dad''s turn tonight.

gurgle gurgle

RIPswich

ps "read City1st''s every single post about Ipswich" nice to see that your sad life has little else other than to be on a Norwich board monitoring my posts[/quote]You are one very sad, bitter, obsessed little man...[/quote]Says the tool posting on a rivals website... Doesn''t take a genius to work out that this probably isn''t the place to find too many people singing your clubs praises does it?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"][quote user="portmanking"]You could be right - the jury is definitely still out on him, although our 2nd half of the season was top 6 form, so I will certainly give him until Christmas/January transfer window to see if we''ve developed further.[/quote]The guy is minted, he doesn''t need to work again ever if he doesn''t want to, and he has a habit of alienating players.This isn''t just petty rivalry, in fact when you got him I thought you had done well, but there really is something about him that I detest.If Marcus is as shrewd as you say he is then I reckon Mr Keane has about 10 games next season.[/quote]This line about him alienating players is truly a myth... as there was certainly no lack of effort and application from the players last season. In fact that was our greatest strength.You may also be right about it being a 10-game period, who would have thought Magilton would have been fired the day after beating NCFC? But Evans is prepared to make those tough decisions.[/quote]I''m not convinced to be honest. The trick about man management, whatever business you are in, is that different people respond best to different techniques. Some may respond to a good shouting at, some may respond to an "arm round the shoulder and gentle ego massaging chat" and a good manager of men will have the ability to do both. If I''m honest I can''t see Roy Keane giving anyone a cuddle lol.Yeah, he will be under the microscope very quickly next season, Glenn Roeder is available if it all goes wrong btw.[Y][/quote]That''s where you''re wrong - a number of players have come out in the press over the past 12 months to say that Keane has always been approachable when needed. He has an aura and a presence and in many ways that is enough to create that hard-working environment. Some say he rules by fear, but it is incorrect, the man has high standards and some will thrive in that environment and others will fall by the wayside.Nice to have a civilised chat with some NCFC fans aside from the class clown!