Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

Is there anyone we've never played?

Was watching the Forest v Blackpool play-off semi and the commentator said they''d never met outside the league - and then a mate said we''ve never faced Peterborough in the League - is there any league team that City have never played in the league or two cups (apart from the likes newcomers like Burton, Stevenage etc)

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Was watching the Forest v Blackpool play-off semi and the commentator said they''d never met outside the league - and then a mate said we''ve never faced Peterborough in the League - is there any league team that City have never played in the league or two cups (apart from the likes newcomers like Burton, Stevenage etc)[/quote]

How far back do class as a newcomer?

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Was watching the Forest v Blackpool play-off semi and the commentator said they''d never met outside the league - and then a mate said we''ve never faced Peterborough in the League - is there any league team that City have never played in the league or two cups (apart from the likes newcomers like Burton, Stevenage etc)[/quote]

How far back do class as a newcomer?

[/quote]

That''s really poor grammar but I know what I mean!

Last 20 years or so - we''ve played Barnet, Cheltenham and Dagenham and Redbridge I know, just wondering if there was any other current league teams? We''ve never played Morecambe or Macclesfield too I guess?

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Last 20 years or so - we''ve played Barnet, Cheltenham and Dagenham and Redbridge I know, just wondering if there was any other current league teams? We''ve never played Morecambe or Macclesfield too I guess?

[/quote]

Morecambe

Hereford

Macclesfield

Burton Albion

A decent Piswich team

I''m sure we played Peterborough in the Milk Cup just after we won it.

Thanks Drazen. If you pop in and take a look once a week you will find half a dozen new items posted.

Thanks Jarrold, I spend about 20 hours a week on it, what with research and then writing the articles. I have estimated the whole project is going to take about 3 years in total if I want to get everything on. The site is nearly six months old so only two and a half years to go !

Thanks for the encouragement.

There have been two clubs called Accrington Stanley (one of which is currently in the league and we have never played) and also an Accrington FC.

Quite probable Jarrold, we played the original Accrington Stanley four times between 1958 and 1960.

we also played Aldershot in the Milk Cup in 1985 - drew 0 - 0 at home and won 4 -0 in the replay - foggy night at the rec

Yes we did Gary, and a number of times in the League, but they were a different Aldershot to the club presently in the Football League.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]plenty we will never play again-arsenal,man u,liverpool etc etc[/quote]Fu*k off you boring tosser

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]plenty we will never play again-arsenal,man u,liverpool etc etc[/quote]

So you think we''ve got no hope of getting promoted next season then?

Like I said in a thread I started which mysteriously disapeared from the forum - If Blackpool can do it then so can we, especially with Lambert at the helm!

So we''ll never get any of them big sides in the cup ever again!

B ull s hit doom and gloom pessimism!