Sign in to follow this  
Murphy and the Bricks

New Signings.....

Have the club gone mad?????

For years we wouldnt sign players unitl well into the close season as we had to pay wages etc. Hence we held back & on the whole missed out on key targets & signed dross....Its not even June & we have already signed two players, in the current economic climate would we not be better holding on for the dross????????

Don''t talk such rubbish. Everyone knows if you wait then you will miss out on the good players and end up with the left overs no one wants. Personally I am delighted we have signed two players in May.

I would also point out we won''t start paying Ward until July 1st.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I agree it''s irresponsible, we could have waited until July and signed some more Tudur-Jones''s.
[/quote]Im a big fan and beleiver of the LOAN system[:|] why sign anyone on a permenant contract....surely this is just wasting good monney???

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I agree it''s irresponsible, we could have waited until July and signed some more Tudur-Jones''s.
[/quote]Im a big fan and beleiver of the LOAN system[:|] why sign anyone on a permenant contract....surely this is just wasting good monney???[/quote]

Yep sure is a waste. Doomcaster would never have allowed wasted money on a decent player and certainly not before the beginning of August.

The free transfers are there to be signed early in the summer but Worthington is right in that the real "transfer" activity doesn''t really happen untill well into the summer, July time.

An Irony filter Mr Chops????  I find that a ludicrous suggestion.  For a start, ***** *** ***** ** ***** ** **** * ******.  And then we''d all be up the creek without a paddle!

I still don''t understand how we have signed two players when everyone is off at the world cup and on their summer holidays.

It doesn''t make any sense. Lambert must be a magician!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I still don''t understand how we have signed two players when everyone is off at the world cup and on their summer holidays.

It doesn''t make any sense. Lambert must be a magician![/quote]The world cup hasn''t started yet and maybe players don''t beggar off for the full 6-7 weeks.  Maybe you can sign them before they go laying on the beach in the Maldives.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]An Irony filter Mr Chops????  I find that a ludicrous suggestion.  For a start, ***** *** ***** ** ***** ** **** * ******.  And then we''d all be up the creek without a paddle![/quote][IMG]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/jkqph1142825979.jpg[/IMG]

he is out of contract soon at coventry .

rather have him in now than miss out .

saying that i should imagine he signed a pre-contract for when his contract expires at coventry