Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Tom Jones concert cancelled.

[quote user="Larry David"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]What I never understood is why can''t we get current artists? Now I''m not the biggest fan, but I''ve seen Pink is playing at Portman Road, why can''t we get people like her? Also they''ve had people like the Chili Peppers, REM. See someone said Stereophonics are doing Cardiff. Also Bristol City are playing host to Westlife. I''m surprised the club didn''t try and make the most of no-Blickling gigs. As soon as it was mentioned I wondered how much of that was to do with Delia, who probably is a fan. But as others have said, whatever the truth it''s good that it seems the football side does appear to be taking priority.[/quote]its because Ipswich council own poormans road stadium, so they use whatever they can to make money on it with big name acts such as Pink... our stadium is owned by the club, the hotel residents and dear old mavis from normandy tower wont enjoy her cup of tea if someone big comes to town with the sell out standing etc...I went to the Chilli peppers gig, the scum holds about 35,000 and with 15,000 standing on the pitch i reckon the council made a pretty penny. oh well.. im sure Tom Jones wpuld have raked in similar fortunes... or not.Get someone like the View to Carrow road, they''d pack the place![/quote]

[:|]

Glad you’re not working for the club, The View would struggle to fill The Waterfront!

[/quote]they would if they had to fill it 3 times im sure!

I was told today by someone who has a friend who works for the club and they said that the reason the concert was pulled was that they had only sold 4000 tickets (as said in a previous post).

However they also added that they were offered a choice of three acts, these being JLS, Leona Lewis and Tom Jones!

I wonder who chose Mr Jones then!!!!!

[quote user="donttalksquit"]

I was told today by someone who has a friend who works for the club and they said that the reason the concert was pulled was that they had only sold 4000 tickets (as said in a previous post).

However they also added that they were offered a choice of three acts, these being JLS, Leona Lewis and Tom Jones!

I wonder who chose Mr Jones then!!!!!

[/quote]Thank Christ we didn''t get JLS...I''d never have got away with not taking my 9 year old to that one!  I''d only be up for a gig if The Clash re-formed!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Larry David"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]What I never understood is why can''t we get current artists? Now I''m not the biggest fan, but I''ve seen Pink is playing at Portman Road, why can''t we get people like her? Also they''ve had people like the Chili Peppers, REM. See someone said Stereophonics are doing Cardiff. Also Bristol City are playing host to Westlife. I''m surprised the club didn''t try and make the most of no-Blickling gigs. As soon as it was mentioned I wondered how much of that was to do with Delia, who probably is a fan. But as others have said, whatever the truth it''s good that it seems the football side does appear to be taking priority.[/quote]its because Ipswich council own poormans road stadium, so they use whatever they can to make money on it with big name acts such as Pink... our stadium is owned by the club, the hotel residents and dear old mavis from normandy tower wont enjoy her cup of tea if someone big comes to town with the sell out standing etc...I went to the Chilli peppers gig, the scum holds about 35,000 and with 15,000 standing on the pitch i reckon the council made a pretty penny. oh well.. im sure Tom Jones wpuld have raked in similar fortunes... or not.Get someone like the View to Carrow road, they''d pack the place![/quote]

[:|]

Glad you’re not working for the club, The View would struggle to fill The Waterfront!

[/quote]they would if they had to fill it 3 times im sure![/quote]Well they filled the LCR, but come on be realistic Jas, there is no way they would fill FCR.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Thank Christ we didn''t get JLS...I''d never have got away with not taking my 9 year old to that one!  I''d only be up for a gig if The Clash re-formed!!![/quote]Never going to happen obviously but Mick and Simmo are currently playing together with the Gorillaz, headlining Glastonbury in place of U2 and a few UK dates later in the year and a jolly good show it is too.