Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Tom Jones concert cancelled.

It was only women WITS not anything else! lol Plus if it was after the concert, they wouldn''t have any underwear on...hang on, that''s just like Rouen Road [:P]

Apparently they were hoping to sell 17,000 and with two weeks to go only 3,000 punters including less than 100 for the hospitality.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Apparently they were hoping to sell 17,000 and with two weeks to go only 3,000 punters including less than 100 for the hospitality.[/quote]And that pesky seat installation thing getting in the way.[;)]

Apparently they were hoping to sell 17,000 tickets but with two weeks to go had only shifted 3,000 including less than 100 for the hospitality package,

[quote user="wedgie"]Stereophonics were to be the support, maybe if they released that info a few more tickets might have been sold[/quote]No they were not, they''re headlining Cardiffs new ground that night.http://www.stereophonics.com/#/live/

Last I heard was that they''d only sold 4,000 and needed 13,000 to break even! It''s surprising that so few had been sold, but you''re right at that price it puts so many people off.

When I last came up for a game and saw it advertised I did think, why Tom Jones up in Norwich? surely if someone would want to go and watch that crap they''d just go to Wales

And the Ticket prices were a joke, not supprised they could only shift a couple of thousand

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

When I last came up for a game and saw it advertised I did think, why Tom Jones up in Norwich? surely if someone would want to go and watch that crap they''d just go to Wales

And the Ticket prices were a joke, not supprised they could only shift a couple of thousand

[/quote]To be fair Tom Jones is an international superstar who has sold out shows all over the world, I''m actually pretty surprised this wasn''t more popular, its not like when they took this gig on that they were in any doubt of his credentials.I wonder though if we have suffered yet again based on geographical location and the inability to make people want to travel here, hampered by having to spend hours stuck on the A47 behind a tractor!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[/quote]To be fair Tom Jones is an international superstar who has sold out shows all over the world, I''m actually pretty surprised this wasn''t more popular, its not like when they took this gig on that they were in any doubt of his credentials.I wonder though if we have suffered yet again based on geographical location and the inability to make people want to travel here, hampered by having to spend hours stuck on the A47 behind a tractor![/quote]No, I think the club has suffered from picking an old and past-it lounge singer whose best days are thirty years behind him.  I wouldn''t spend fifty pence to watch the clapped out old duffer gyrate his way through "Sex Bomb", never mind fifty quid.

that full page add on the back of sundays Sunday Times Culture supplement was money well spent then!  

What I never understood is why can''t we get current artists?

Now I''m not the biggest fan, but I''ve seen Pink is playing at Portman Road, why can''t we get people like her? Also they''ve had people like the Chili Peppers, REM. See someone said Stereophonics are doing Cardiff. Also Bristol City are playing host to Westlife. I''m surprised the club didn''t try and make the most of no-Blickling gigs.

As soon as it was mentioned I wondered how much of that was to do with Delia, who probably is a fan.

But as others have said, whatever the truth it''s good that it seems the football side does appear to be taking priority.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]What I never understood is why can''t we get current artists?

Now I''m not the biggest fan, but I''ve seen Pink is playing at Portman Road, why can''t we get people like her? Also they''ve had people like the Chili Peppers, REM. See someone said Stereophonics are doing Cardiff. Also Bristol City are playing host to Westlife. I''m surprised the club didn''t try and make the most of no-Blickling gigs.

As soon as it was mentioned I wondered how much of that was to do with Delia, who probably is a fan.

But as others have said, whatever the truth it''s good that it seems the football side does appear to be taking priority.[/quote]its because Ipswich council own poormans road stadium, so they use whatever they can to make money on it with big name acts such as Pink... our stadium is owned by the club, the hotel residents and dear old mavis from normandy tower wont enjoy her cup of tea if someone big comes to town with the sell out standing etc...I went to the Chilli peppers gig, the scum holds about 35,000 and with 15,000 standing on the pitch i reckon the council made a pretty penny. oh well.. im sure Tom Jones wpuld have raked in similar fortunes... or not.Get someone like the View to Carrow road, they''d pack the place!

Don''t think it''s been mentioned anywhere on this thred but the club do not run these concerts. They rent the facilities to the promoter who then pockets all the income from ticket sales. The club usually then only get a proportion of the food / drink sales.  Tickets were not being sold by the club which would have beeb the case if they were underwriting the event.

This does then bring up the question of compensation to the promoter. After all, if you were running a concert and NCFC told you sorry we can''t let you have the ground at short notice you wouldn''t be too happy. Then again if you had not sold many tickets you would be glad of an excuse to cancel.

Looks to me that the promoter and club have got together and the cancellation suits all parties.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]What I never understood is why can''t we get current artists? Now I''m not the biggest fan, but I''ve seen Pink is playing at Portman Road, why can''t we get people like her? Also they''ve had people like the Chili Peppers, REM. See someone said Stereophonics are doing Cardiff. Also Bristol City are playing host to Westlife. I''m surprised the club didn''t try and make the most of no-Blickling gigs. As soon as it was mentioned I wondered how much of that was to do with Delia, who probably is a fan. But as others have said, whatever the truth it''s good that it seems the football side does appear to be taking priority.[/quote]

its because Ipswich council own poormans road stadium, so they use whatever they can to make money on it with big name acts such as Pink... our stadium is owned by the club, the hotel residents and dear old mavis from normandy tower wont enjoy her cup of tea if someone big comes to town with the sell out standing etc...

I went to the Chilli peppers gig, the scum holds about 35,000 and with 15,000 standing on the pitch i reckon the council made a pretty penny. oh well.. im sure Tom Jones wpuld have raked in similar fortunes... or not.

Get someone like the View to Carrow road, they''d pack the place!
[/quote]

[:|]

Glad you’re not working for the club, The View would struggle to fill The Waterfront!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]What I never understood is why can''t we get current artists? Now I''m not the biggest fan, but I''ve seen Pink is playing at Portman Road, why can''t we get people like her? Also they''ve had people like the Chili Peppers, REM. See someone said Stereophonics are doing Cardiff. Also Bristol City are playing host to Westlife. I''m surprised the club didn''t try and make the most of no-Blickling gigs. As soon as it was mentioned I wondered how much of that was to do with Delia, who probably is a fan. But as others have said, whatever the truth it''s good that it seems the football side does appear to be taking priority.[/quote]

its because Ipswich council own poormans road stadium, so they use whatever they can to make money on it with big name acts such as Pink... our stadium is owned by the club, the hotel residents and dear old mavis from normandy tower wont enjoy her cup of tea if someone big comes to town with the sell out standing etc...

I went to the Chilli peppers gig, the scum holds about 35,000 and with 15,000 standing on the pitch i reckon the council made a pretty penny. oh well.. im sure Tom Jones wpuld have raked in similar fortunes... or not.

[/quote]

Glad you’re not working for the club, The View would struggle to fill The Waterfront!

[/quote]

Next you get an e-mail in your postbox from Norwich City Football Club: Your last chance to play at Carrow Road...

Several dates to hire the pitch ''for fun'' from the 31st of may to the 6th of june. And yes you can hire the pitch also on saturday the 5th of june .. from 8.30 till 11.30 and from 1pm till 4pm.

So the concert was called of because the club needs the stadium to install our new seats .. on the 5th of june .. and now they ask people to pay them for using the playing field on the same day .. sounds good to ''smile'' .. maybe Tom has nothing to do !

For those of you who still have a ''Thumbs up for Tom''....

Well, you 3,000 (plus 300 corporate) ''Tom Thumbers'' - you can still get your fix of the international singing pensioner on ''Later with Jools Holland''.....which is on tonight and Friday....

Throw them knickers at yer 42" Plasma or 6" Portable....you never know, if them knick-knacks are nylon, they might even stick to the screen?...

They may even stick to the screen, even if they aren''t nylon....depends how excited one gets before removing and then flinging...

....yeurgh!

[8] "What''s new Pussyfat?" [8]

[quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He was talking sense until that part! The View[^o)]