Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Tom Jones concert cancelled.

Lol at them blaming disruption caused by the seating expansion programme.More like "couldn''t sell enough tickets to make it financially viable" I''d suspect.[:)]

It''s not cancelled it''s postponed, they need to fit more seats in.

Read the full article on the NCFC webpage.  People who have purchased tickets will be refunded.

Sounds like an utter foul-up, apparently there was a full page advert on the back of the Sunday Times yesterday, can''t have come cheap, and then they cancel it the very next day...

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Read the full article on the NCFC webpage.  People who have purchased tickets will be refunded.

[/quote]

Well that''s the official line but it''s a bit suspect that they''ve been bombarding the press with advertising over the last few weeks (presumabley because of the poor sales) and they suddenly just decide to postpone it. They would have known about the seats for months?

[/quote]

Well that''s the official line but it''s a bit suspect that they''ve been bombarding the press with advertising over the last few weeks (presumabley because of the poor sales) and they suddenly just decide to postpone it. They would have known about the seats for months?

[/quote]

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Tom Jones after "the Quo", elton John, and

other "radio old" dross...all a bit embarrasing isnt it? Makes my

journeys up from the capital for the footy not seem so bad now...at

least i''ve got a bit of choice for the rest of my entertainment.

which brings me onto...

...for the past 10 years the cara rud DJ has a BIG soft spot for Queen

tracks from the 70''s (not just "we are the champions" on saturday

either, I "get" that one)...what was the DJ playing in the 70''s? Vera

Lynn & Glenn Miller?[/quote]I''m quoting myself from a few months back...

I''m a very happy man.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]they went heavy on the advertising and that didin''t work - typical norwich![/quote]

Or maybe they actually think football is more important, seeing as it''s a football club [:O]

[quote user="UEAstudent"]I wonder if Tom will still want his money?[/quote]i cannot say about the contract for this performance, but, as i was involved in the music business for a while i can offer a generic idea of what happens.A promoter will contact a booking/talent agent with regards the proposed show.Most agents will require a ''statement of intent'' from the promotoronce the availability of the talent has been confirmed for the proposed date, Usually, a non returnable deposit is lodged with the agent as a ''guarantee of intent''negotiations then go ahead between the promoter and the talent''s representatives.

Notice how the half page ads in the EDP turned into full page ads very quickly. The statement should read as follows.

"Norwich City have had to cancel the Tom Jones concert as it has become clear that nobody wants to come. We have wasted thousands of pounds advertising the concert in the local newspaper and have so far sold ten tickets to the W.I and five to a welsh family from the Larkman. We do intend to refund all fifteen tickets sold. We realise now that just because Delia likes Tom Jones, It doesnt mean everyone does"

Stereophonics were to be the support, maybe if they released that info a few more tickets might have been sold

[quote user="wedgie"]Stereophonics were to be the support, maybe if they released that info a few more tickets might have been sold[/quote]If that is true I certainly would have gone.

The EDP site said ''The Tom Jones concert at Carrow Road on Saturday, June 5 has been postponed because of work to extend the ground''s capacity. Norwich City Football Club decided to pull the pug on the Welsh singer''s gig because it was not possible to install extra seats and host a concert at the same time.''

I hate it when people pull the pug...

Sounds like the club putting a positive slant on it by blaming the building work!

Cr*p ticket sales though if the rumours about the Stereophonics supporting him were true WHY WHY WHY! didn''t they tell the public that in all their expensive advertising?

"Sex....Bombed".....

Poor ticket sales and lack of interest.....not really surprised.

If the adoring women followers from old - were to throw their knickers on the stage, they would be the size of an international airport''s windsocks...(He''d suffocate under the weight, bless ''im.)...

Think the stadium expansion excuse.....is, an excuse.

[/quote]

that proves its been cancelled tickets wouldbe valid for the re arranged date... if postponed