Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Your Centre Back pairing?

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]probably because he spent so much time touching them... but anyway you either loved him or hated him and i hated him[/quote]You hated 1 of your own players who gave his all every game and never went missing?Blimey I wouldn''t like to know how much you disliked some of our journeyman loan signings last season.

Ward & Nelson for me to start...... I''m happy we''ve replaced Doc with a young, better & hopefully cheaper option.

I''d go with Whitbread or Askou, as second choice, and Ward.IMO we need a solid defence next season. Strikers will be of a different calibre to this and play will be quicker. Askou is great defensively, espcially in the air, in the box but can lack speed at times to recover himself should a striker get away from him. We know how that can cost us from 2 season ago as the Doc was sometimes caught out by quick strikers. We cannot afford for that to happen again.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]probably because he spent so much time touching them... but anyway you either loved him or hated him and i hated him[/quote]You hated 1 of your own players who gave his all every game and never went missing?Blimey I wouldn''t like to know how much you disliked some of our journeyman loan signings last season.[/quote]

im not saying he didnt try im just saying hes useless!

I am a big fan of Askou so I would favour him, but Zac has a lot of fans, and a lot of plaudits and is Lamberts man. Either way I am more than happy to let Lambert pick and choose, and I am really chuffed about this signing. I''ve liked both of the Ward brothers for sometime, and I think this is a very good signing.

Ward and Nelson!

Ward because hes replacing our best CB from last season the Doc and has Championship experience!

Nelson because hes the best of the rest and deeserves his chance after last seasons heroics!

Think I''ll wait and see before saying anything. Definately Ward as he has the invaluable experience however I believe the other three should all get fair attempts at trying the step-up...

Quite a tricky one.

For me Askou is probably the weakest of the 4.

Ward has got the most experience at Championship level and he''s obviously coming here pretty sure he''s likely to be in the team.

So, that''d leave it between Nelson and Whitbread. Nelson has done a great job for us and, based on our success this season, deserves his chance to step up a level. On the other hand Whitbread has looked a quality player in the past but can we rely on him to be fit enough to form part of a settled/regular defence throughout a season?

I''m sure the manager will make the right call, which he''ll have to after splitting up the successful Nelson/Doherty partnership.

[quote user="Big Slob"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Big Slob"]Agree with those two. Are Askou and Nelson good enough cover for the championship? Both are tremendously slow, and have very poor distribution, however are good in the air.[/quote]

Askou distribution is far from poor, Nelsons isnt great agreed. IMO Askou is still our best cb. People seem to forget how well he was playing before his injury, i certainly feel he is better then championship back up.

[/quote]Nope disagree with the distribution, 50 pence head, and most of the time hoofs it aimlesslyYou obviously didn''t go to the Carlisle game, Their strikers constantly got the better of him, and made him look very poor, however i would have him above Nelson in the pecking order.[/quote]BEFORE HIS INJURY!

At Last someone with sense. Askou is just class. Calm on the ball too.

I cant comment on Ward but in my opinion Askou first choice every time if fit