Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

12 months after Doomcaster and mumbles left...

who thinks that had they of steayed, we''d no be league 2 with millions more pounds of debt and in administration?Bowkett today mentions he is in talks with various investors, and we have already seen enough evidence from McNally to see he can steer us in the right direction.Under doomy and Mumbles i fear the "no investment out there" and other spin and piffle would have continued unitl the club was in a position where it needed rescuing... Lets be honest, Delia and Michael can''t tell their ar*e from their elbow when it comes to running a club.. the business people we have in place in currently are the right men for the job.... I am confident that the club can slowly, over time, recover from the debt and possibly in a few years get into the black with the current structure in place.Had things not have changed then we''d have been non league in 5 years i think.

[quote user="Dogger "]Wasn''t Doomcaster meant to be a city fan though?!?[/quote]he''s about as much of an city fan as Terry butcher.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]who thinks that had they of steayed, we''d no be league 2 with millions more pounds of debt and in administration?

Bowkett today mentions he is in talks with various investors, and we have already seen enough evidence from McNally to see he can steer us in the right direction.

Under doomy and Mumbles i fear the "no investment out there" and other spin and piffle would have continued unitl the club was in a position where it needed rescuing... Lets be honest, Delia and Michael can''t tell their ar*e from their elbow when it comes to running a club.. the business people we have in place in currently are the right men for the job.... I am confident that the club can slowly, over time, recover from the debt and possibly in a few years get into the black with the current structure in place.

Had things not have changed then we''d have been non league in 5 years i think.
[/quote]

I must admit Jas, they are making all the right noises as far as I am concerned, which is in turn making me feel more confident about things. It is nice to see they have a plan for the future, unlike Mumbles and Doomy who said there wasn''t a five year plan in place at that stormy supporters forum the day after relegation at Charlton. The only fly in the ointment could be McNally''s departure.

[quote user="Dogger "]Wasn''t Doomcaster meant to be a city fan though?!?[/quote]Sadly being a City fan is not enough when it comes to big business and football.I''m a fan and have held mangement positions but wouldn''t know enough about managing a football club.

[quote user="Dogger "]Wasn''t Doomcaster meant to be a city fan though?!?[/quote]Palace fan.

[quote user="Nonki"][quote user="Dogger "]Wasn''t Doomcaster meant to be a city fan though?!?[/quote]

Palace fan.
[/quote]

he was probably following their example...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]who thinks that had they of steayed, we''d no be league 2 with millions more pounds of debt and in administration?Bowkett today mentions he is in talks with various investors, and we have already seen enough evidence from McNally to see he can steer us in the right direction.Under doomy and Mumbles i fear the "no investment out there" and other spin and piffle would have continued unitl the club was in a position where it needed rescuing... Lets be honest, Delia and Michael can''t tell their ar*e from their elbow when it comes to running a club.. the business people we have in place in currently are the right men for the job.... I am confident that the club can slowly, over time, recover from the debt and possibly in a few years get into the black with the current structure in place.Had things not have changed then we''d have been non league in 5 years i think.[/quote]

I don''t think the current positive, forward thinking, feel good atmosphere about the club would be around if Doncaster and Mumby had stayed in charge although I also don''t think things would have got as bad as you make out, but it can happen.

Thank god that them 2 had the decency to hold their hands up, admit things had gone wrong and fell on their swords!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]who thinks that had they of steayed, we''d no be league 2 with millions more pounds of debt and in administration?

Bowkett today mentions he is in talks with various investors, and we have already seen enough evidence from McNally to see he can steer us in the right direction.

Under doomy and Mumbles i fear the "no investment out there" and other spin and piffle would have continued unitl the club was in a position where it needed rescuing... Lets be honest, Delia and Michael can''t tell their ar*e from their elbow when it comes to running a club.. the business people we have in place in currently are the right men for the job.... I am confident that the club can slowly, over time, recover from the debt and possibly in a few years get into the black with the current structure in place.

[/quote] I don''t think the current positive, forward thinking, feel good atmosphere about the club would be around if Doncaster and Mumby had stayed in charge although I also don''t think things would have got as bad as you make out, but it can happen. Thank god that them 2 had the decency to hold their hands up, admit things had gone wrong and fell on their swords![/quote]

Well in fact Mumby is still here, he is an Honery life board member,

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]who thinks that had they of steayed, we''d no be league 2 with millions more pounds of debt and in administration?Bowkett today mentions he is in talks with various investors, and we have already seen enough evidence from McNally to see he can steer us in the right direction.Under doomy and Mumbles i fear the "no investment out there" and other spin and piffle would have continued unitl the club was in a position where it needed rescuing... Lets be honest, Delia and Michael can''t tell their ar*e from their elbow when it comes to running a club.. the business people we have in place in currently are the right men for the job.... I am confident that the club can slowly, over time, recover from the debt and possibly in a few years get into the black with the current structure in place.Had things not have changed then we''d have been non league in 5 years i think.[/quote] I don''t think the current positive, forward thinking, feel good atmosphere about the club would be around if Doncaster and Mumby had stayed in charge although I also don''t think things would have got as bad as you make out, but it can happen. Thank god that them 2 had the decency to hold their hands up, admit things had gone wrong and fell on their swords![/quote]

[/quote]No. What he is is a life vice-president. He is not still a member of the board, and has no role in the running of the club.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]who thinks that had they of steayed, we''d no be league 2 with millions more pounds of debt and in administration?

[/quote] I don''t think the current positive, forward thinking, feel good atmosphere about the club would be around if Doncaster and Mumby had stayed in charge although I also don''t think things would have got as bad as you make out, but it can happen. Thank god that them 2 had the decency to hold their hands up, admit things had gone wrong and fell on their swords![/quote]

[/quote]

No. What he is is a life vice-president. He is not still a member of the board, and has no role in the running of the club.
[/quote]

Well I knew that

Maybe someone will write a book one day and tell us all about the input Delia had during the Club''s troubled times.It wasn;t just the Chairmam and Chief Executive who left the Club as by stepping back Delia and Michael did too.

It will not be Roger Munby as he has silenced with the position of vice president and a free seat. There is no advantage at this time for Neil Doncaster as because of his job with the Scottish Premier he needs to be seen as a loyal and trusted employee who can keep his mouth shut.

Maybe there is a mole at the Club who could write "Footballing Years with Delia and Michael" but then I suppose there is limited interest and a 3,000 copy book run isn''t going to make anyone a fortune.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]who thinks that had they of steayed, we''d no be league 2 with millions more pounds of debt and in administration?

[/quote]

Spot on.  Any comment Lappinitup?

[quote user="Bobert"]Maybe someone will write a book one day and tell us all about the input Delia had during the Club''s troubled times.It wasn;t just the Chairmam and Chief Executive who left the Club as by stepping back Delia and Michael did too. It will not be Roger Munby as he has silenced with the position of vice president and a free seat. There is no advantage at this time for Neil Doncaster as because of his job with the Scottish Premier he needs to be seen as a loyal and trusted employee who can keep his mouth shut. Maybe there is a mole at the Club who could write "Footballing Years with Delia and Michael" but then I suppose there is limited interest and a 3,000 copy book run isn''t going to make anyone a fortune.[/quote]

I''m on it now, watch this space

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Bobert"]Maybe someone will write a book one day and tell us all about the input Delia had during the Club''s troubled times.It wasn;t just the Chairmam and Chief Executive who left the Club as by stepping back Delia and Michael did too. It will not be Roger Munby as he has silenced with the position of vice president and a free seat. There is no advantage at this time for Neil Doncaster as because of his job with the Scottish Premier he needs to be seen as a loyal and trusted employee who can keep his mouth shut. Maybe there is a mole at the Club who could write "Footballing Years with Delia and Michael" but then I suppose there is limited interest and a 3,000 copy book run isn''t going to make anyone a fortune.[/quote]

I''m on it now, watch this space

[/quote]

Make it a comic with lots of pictures then Pete, no long words and sub titles in txt speak. That should increase the number of sales for you, oh double space to allow for the "reading finger"[:D]