Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Lets go back to August

It''s seems strange, 7 months on in the season and what has changed at the club in such a small amount of time. Our board (who most of us doubted) seem to be wanting to match the fans ambition. We have Darren Huckerby and not just on loan, he''s for keeps and we are are top of the league. Forgive me for assuming but i''m sure most of us would have laughed at someone had they predicted all this at the start of season.

Whats also funny, is that I would be so dissapointed if we didn''t gain automatic promotion or win the league but back in August I would have ripped someones hand off if they offered us 6th place in the league. So come on, who else would have happily taken 6th position back then? Who still has to pinch themselves sometimes when you think about Darren Huckerby playing for City? Who believed that we would sign 3 strikers in the space of a few weeks? Who really thought we had a chance of winning the league this season?

In August i honestly thought we would do well to make the PO''s, so being top in March is unbelivable.
I still can''t get my head round it.
Start of season i was thinking anywhere from 5th to 10th we would finish.

But now,after we hopefully beat both WBA and the blues down the road,we can start thinking of the title!!

OTBC
OTBC
OTBC

Happy Yellow!!!!! :o)

Not I... Like PK, I thought a successful season would have concluded with a top 10 finish...