Sign in to follow this  
Raymond De Waard

My opinion - What else is needed........

Hi all Pink ''un posters.

I haven''t written much on here in the past, usually just browse and see what''s being written.

Since signing Elliot Ward though, i now feel compelled to adding my opinion to this discussion board.

Elliot Ward in my opinion is a top, top class central defender........This signing alone proves what a fantastic manager Paul Lambert is. There were some top championship clubs in for him, but PL persuaded Ward to join City over all of them.

The season has only just ended but already i feel excited in anticipation at next season. There surely will not be a better time to get back to back promotions than now! The Championship doesn''t have one outstanding team in it next season. Many clubs have money issues and that will work in our favour. I will be honest, i can honestly see us and Ipswich in that top 6 for most of next season.

Consolidation and a mid-table finish would be respectable, but i reckon with a couple more quality signings we can EASILY make that top 6! Paul Lambert knows exactly what he is doing!

Now on to signings......

I would love to see sign one or 2 of Sheff UTD''s Jamie Ward, Ched Evans and Billy Sharp. Ward can play on the wing as well as up top and we know what Ched is capabe of when at the right club. Billy Sharp was outstanding for Donny last season and would be worth buying for anything around £1m.

Would also like to see somebody come on that left side of the diamond. Thanks Lappin, you have been great but i see you as a good squad player if we are to progress. Danny Green/Nicky Bailey ect would fit the bill for me nicely.

Need cover in both full back positions. Moritz Volz is still without a club and wouldn''t mind seeing him come in on a free for right back competition. And as for the left back role, i actually quite like Wiggins, but as Lambo doesn''t seem to rate him that highly it''s likely we will be after cover in that position unless he opts to use Lappin.

Get Fraser Forster signed-up for another year and we have the basis of something special in place.

I also feel that there has been some money injected into the club from some where, not a massive amount, but certainly enough to keep Lambert sweet so he can persue with the players who are probably between his A and B sheet of targets. At the end of the day, we must have come up with some money from some where other-wise we would be in another Martin O''Neill situations, and as long as we have Lambo we will be a top side.

Can''t wait for the fixture list to come out and already looking forward to next season and awaiting some more new faces!

Come on you yellows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would agree with much of what you say. I think Billy Sharp would be great but £1 million would frankly be theft for a player of his quality. He did very well at Doncaster and has just had a personality clash with Blackwell at Sheffield United regarding his role in the team. Blackwell tried to make him a more complete all round player when he prefered to play on the shoulder and as a result managed to blunt his goalscoring edge.

I also don''t think Mortiz Volz would be an improvement at right back. His career has been in steady decline since he left Fulham and the fact he has not picked up a club in over a year now seems to validate this. You shouldn''t really be taking a sabattical from the game in your 20s if you are good enough.

I completely agree about the comments though regarding Bailey and Lambert. He is the best thing to have happened to this club for some time. With him there is a glimmer of hope that we could get back to the Premiership when there has never been a more vital time to be in it with all the parachute payment money at stake. Thus the board have to do every possible to back him. We may struggle to afford it, but with the rewards on offer we probably can''t afford not too.