Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Blackpool release 5.....

Daniel Nardiello, Hameur Bouazza, Al Bangura, Danny Mitchley and Joe Martin have all been handed free transfers by the club, who beat Cardiff 3-2 in the Championship play-off final on Saturday.

Wouldn''t mind Bouazza. Thought he did really well for them this season and surprised he is being let go but I guess they are moving onto bigger and better.

Anybody else rate him?

Al Bangura was highly rated when he was at Watford I seem to remember - def cm.

He used to be absolute quality for Watford in the champuionship, he was then rewarded with a move to Fulham, but has gone down hill since.Worth a punt in my opinion.

Yeah, Bouazza''s a good, solid, energetic player. However, maybe a bit similar to the players we have already - I think we need someone who is a better playmaker and distributor of the ball, like Clingan or Safri.

The fact that Blackpool have somehow (deservedly) scraped into the prem does not automatically mean their players are any good. Personally i think that their team has been a classic case of the whole being better than the sum of the parts as most of their players looked pretty bang average champ players to me and uunless they buy a whole new team they will battered week in, week out in the prem.

DJ Campbell for £1.6m is a prime example. he is rubbish.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

The fact that Blackpool have somehow (deservedly) scraped into the prem does not automatically mean their players are any good. Personally i think that their team has been a classic case of the whole being better than the sum of the parts as most of their players looked pretty bang average champ players to me and uunless they buy a whole new team they will battered week in, week out in the prem.

[/quote]

That''s not really a ''prime example'', the figure being mentioned is now more like £1m. Small change for somebody who has scored 11 goals in 18 games for you in a promotion season, and 9 goals in 20 games the year prior in a relegation battle.

That is 20 goals in 38 games for Blackpool, not all starts. Find me a better striker, pound for pound, and I will give you a pound. If any of our strikers managed 17 goals in their next 35 games, for example Grant Holt, we would all be screaming about them being worth £3 or £4m.

I would take him for a million quid, thats a snip, for more than a goal a game. He is a striker, his job is to score goals, he has a much better scoring rate than Robert Earnshaw at Nottm Forest (£2.65m). Do you expect Grant Holt next year to do any better than DJ Campbell in terms of goals? I don''t. Would you take £1m for Grant Holt? Enough said.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

That''s not really a ''prime example'', the figure being mentioned is now more like £1m. Small change for somebody who has scored 11 goals in 18 games for you in a promotion season, and 9 goals in 20 games the year prior in a relegation battle.

That is 20 goals in 38 games for Blackpool, not all starts. Find me a better striker, pound for pound, and I will give you a pound. If any of our strikers managed 17 goals in their next 35 games, for example Grant Holt, we would all be screaming about them being worth £3 or £4m.

I would take him for a million quid, thats a snip, for more than a goal a game. He is a striker, his job is to score goals, he has a much better scoring rate than Robert Earnshaw at Nottm Forest (£2.65m). Do you expect Grant Holt next year to do any better than DJ Campbell in terms of goals? I don''t. Would you take £1m for Grant Holt? Enough said.

[/quote]

I suspect his upcoming court case probably does much to reduce his value.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But 20 goals in 38 games is not ''more than a goal a game'' is it?

Granted, one goal in two is still pretty good though!

[quote user="Duffman"]Daniel Nardiello, Hameur Bouazza, Al Bangura, Danny Mitchley and Joe Martin have all been handed free transfers by the club, who beat Cardiff 3-2 in the Championship play-off final on Saturday.

Wouldn''t mind Bouazza. Thought he did really well for them this season and surprised he is being let go but I guess they are moving onto bigger and better.

Anybody else rate him?[/quote]Nardiello was highly rated ........ in like Champ Manager 01 / 02 :-pDont want any of those to be honest :-/

[/quote]

[/quote]

Personally I would not pay a million for him because he is technically a very poor footballer with the touch of a rapist. I would have Chris Martin any day.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Al Bangura was highly rated when he was at Watford I seem to remember - def cm.[/quote]

Not highly rated, about to be deported!

[/quote]that all got sorted out....3 years ago!