Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

£3M for Greeno???

Since I read that, I have been thinking that it would be wise to keep Greeno until the end of the season. I can''t see him wanting to go up north, but he proves every game how vital he is to the club, consistently making critical saves.

I heard he was going to Arsenal for the same sort of price. I think he MUST stay until the end of the season. He is vital to our "lets stay in the Premiership" campaign!Come on you Yellows

How much does everyone think Greeno is worth? I would of thought 3m would be letting him go cheaply, especially since he signed a new 3 year deal, surely it should be more like 5m!! I don''t think Arsenal or Man Utd would take him on, I think it will be someone like Birmingham, Middlesborough, Man City or Everton. But 5m at least, surely! Otherwise I don''t think we should sell him.

[quote]How much does everyone think Greeno is worth? I would of thought 3m would be letting him go cheaply, especially since he signed a new 3 year deal, surely it should be more like 5m!! I don''t think Arse...[/quote]

I''d value Greeno at £5/6M or a couple of million and a player who will significantly improve the squad (eg Pennant at Arsenal)

My informant tells me that Greeno has bought a house in Herts and that it is a done deal with Arsenal that we get Bentley and Pennant.  The house purchase thing is usually an accurate forecast!! Remember Rivers recently?

OTBC

Knowhatimean, I''m assuming that you mean Pennant on loan until the end of the season (as with Leeds last season) and Bentley for keeps, plus a bit of money I would hope - a couple of million at least.  Can you fill us in on any more details at this stage?  Sounds interesting, even though I would personally love to see Greeno stay with us as he''s such a vital part of our team.  We surely couldn''t blame him if he felt he wanted to leave and play for a higher-profile club like Arsenal, could we?

I''ve also been told this one but then was also told no club can loan two players from the same club for long-term. Another factor is getting not one but two players to leave Arsenal for us...

Pennants contract with Arsenal runs out at the end of this season so him signing permanently is not out of the question - with Bentley remaining the loan player?

£3m mid season simply undervalues him - I am happy to sell him in Jan but the price must be one that we cannot turn down. £3m plus players (depending on which position - striker of defence preferable) could do it though.

OTBC

I would still like to see him stay until at least the end of the season. I don''t want him to go at all really!!!

The house buying bit is probably right. When Huckerby was looking to join NCFC he was spotted house hunting etc.!!

Susie - Nothing was said about a loan deal but I assume it would be Greeno for Pennant plus cash deal with Bentley remaining on loan as already agreed.  You are right of course, nobody would blame Greeno for wanting a career move and then, why would Worthy buy two international keepers anyway.

OTBC

So do we know whether Greeno is going in January or staying until the end of the season?I really hope he stays until the end of the season. We need him.

There are lots of good goalkeepers in the world Jenny, chill.Look at Fulham with Mark Crossley and Birmingham with Maik Taylor. Most people had written these guys off, so give Ward/Gallagher a chance if Greeno goes - you never know, they might be good too!

[quote]Susie - Nothing was said about a loan deal but I assume it would be Greeno for Pennant plus cash deal with Bentley remaining on loan as already agreed. You are right of course, nobody would blame Gre...[/quote]

On Anglia TV tonight, Greeno clearly stated, that as far as he''s concerned, he''s not going anywhere and he would be a City player come February.

To the scaremonger''s I would say, house hunting?, yeah right!.

I don''t believe Greeno was lying, he''s far too sincere for that, yes?.

As to his worth, to City he''s priceless. To anyone else £8 million plus, in my book, and not a penny less!.

End of debate I think.

Morning Wiz..... sir,

I''d love to think that Greeno is staying with us, and he may for the rest of the season, but come the end if we go down, you couldn''t blame the guy to wanna move on? I love greeno, nearly as much as Hux, and I must admit I''ve taken quite a shining to Francis these days, but he will leave eventually, but It better not be for anything less than 8 million like you said... glad to see your spells are coming into effect, it would appear that the one I''ve placed on you is having some interesting effects... did I read the other day that you are pitching tent back in the King Worthy camp...???? my powers must be gaining sir...

How''s Igor settilng into the new manor?

I''m with bananaman on this one - there are seveal good keepers around and Ward should be OK for us if we can get the right price for greeno.

No club is going to offer us £8m for a relatively untried keeper but anything over £3m would have to be seriously considered - we currently need a striker, central midfielder & defenders of prem class more than we need an international class keeper. If we can get that sort of cash or more or with players then it is an option and we must not be unrealistic with our valuation. £3m is probably just on the low side but not too far from the mark.

£3m+ on the transfer budget with Ward in goal and the right players coming in should hel us avoid relegation.

OTBC

[quote]Morning Wiz..... sir, I''d love to think that Greeno is staying with us, and he may for the rest of the season, but come the end if we go down, you couldn''t blame the guy to wanna move on? I love gree...[/quote]

Hi Norm, without wishing to hijack this great thread, Igor has settled in fine, for a Troll, that is!.

And yes, I have decamped back into the Worthy fold.

But I still value Greeno at £8 million, especially as the clubs who might want him, seem to pay loony prices for their players.

Why not, he will soon be England''s No.1 in my opinion. So ''bleed them dry'' is my motto.

Sorry but there is no way we will get £8 million for Green in today''s market. I personally think that anything over £3m has to be given serious consideration, as somebody earlier on this thread mentioned.

Re House Buying - We should not read too much into this. Where does his missus want to live with a view to her own career? Which footballer is not "investing" into property these days?