Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Mark Fotheringham....

Yes he is playing for Famagusta - has played 7 times, 3 as sub, been subbed twice and scored a goal, also has been booked twice, playing time 393 mins, this is what I call a service, us ex-pat Cypriots are always happy to help.

Think you are getting a bit confused, Famagusta is in Nothern Cyprus, the Turkish bit, the riots were in Greece.

[quote user="cypriotcanary"]Think you are getting a bit confused, Famagusta is in Nothern Cyprus, the Turkish bit, the riots were in Greece.[/quote]

Which league to Famagusta play in? Do Northern Cypriot teams play in the main Cyprus league?

[quote user="cypriotcanary"]Think you are getting a bit confused, Famagusta is in Nothern Cyprus, the Turkish bit, the riots were in Greece.[/quote]I must be, as I thought the club was moved back to the Greek bit.

[quote user="KC_Canary"]

[quote user="cypriotcanary"]Think you are getting a bit confused, Famagusta is in Nothern Cyprus, the Turkish bit, the riots were in Greece.[/quote]

Which league to Famagusta play in? Do Northern Cypriot teams play in the main Cyprus league?

[/quote]The club isn''t in Northern Cyprus it was moved to get away from the Pesky Turks.

You are right sorry about that, I have checked their ground is in Larnaca, moved after the dust-up with the Turks in the 1970''s, the Famagusta ground is a wreck now, the Turks swiped anything that wasnt bolted down. Famagusta finished 3rd in the Cyprus A league, there seem to be 2 leagues of 14 teams in Cyprus, usual 3 up 3 down.In 2008 Famagusta beat Austria Vienna over 2 legs, they then played Olympiakos beat them 3-0 at home. The away game got a bit heated before, during and after, the Cypriot supporters were called ''Ottomans '' which is a very big insult to a Cypriot, anyway they lost 0-1 so went through, this was the first time a Cypriot team had made it to the group stages of the Champions League group stage. Brazilian Rivaldo played for Ormonia Nicosia when they beat AEK Athens, I dont know if he is still there. Famagusta have won the Cyprus League 13 times, the Cyprus Cup 10 times and the Super Cup { whatever that is ] 6 times.

Fotheringham is playing in Cyprus for  Anorthosis Famagusta where he has played six matches, socring one goal. Epic!

[quote user="AJ"]Fotheringham is playing in Cyprus for  Anorthosis Famagusta where he has played six matches, socring one goal. Epic![/quote]He has passed the ball sideways 2,127 times, sideways and straight out of play 128 times, backwards 59 times and forward twice.  He has used the "fist pump" 18 times.

[quote user="cypriotcanary"]You are right sorry about that, I have checked their ground is in Larnaca, moved after the dust-up with the Turks in the 1970''s, the Famagusta ground is a wreck now, the Turks swiped anything that wasnt bolted down. Famagusta finished 3rd in the Cyprus A league, there seem to be 2 leagues of 14 teams in Cyprus, usual 3 up 3 down.In 2008 Famagusta beat Austria Vienna over 2 legs, they then played Olympiakos beat them 3-0 at home. The away game got a bit heated before, during and after, the Cypriot supporters were called ''Ottomans '' which is a very big insult to a Cypriot, anyway they lost 0-1 so went through, this was the first time a Cypriot team had made it to the group stages of the Champions League group stage. Brazilian Rivaldo played for Ormonia Nicosia when they beat AEK Athens, I dont know if he is still there. Famagusta have won the Cyprus League 13 times, the Cyprus Cup 10 times and the Super Cup { whatever that is ] 6 times.[/quote]

And it was the Turks who built Larnaca airport on orders or agreement with the British, 

Fortheringham is the only Norwich player to ever receive a gob full of abuse off me.

Mark Fotheringham is the worst player I''ve ever seen in a Norwich shirt.  Not helped by the fact he''s so unlikeable and has a serious attitude problem.  At least Andy Hughes never pretended to be good...

You can''t deny that the "fozzy flick" was an amazing piece of skill  and that he scored  a brilliant goal on the last day of the season against QPR which kept us up under the rodent.Ched Evans had scored first but even then we were still very nervous until Fozzys "Arie Haan" rocket.

You cannot deny that the "Fozzy flick" was an amazing piece of skill and he did in fact score a brilliant goal when we played QPR on the last day of the season under the  rodent which kept us up.Ched Evans made it  1 nil  and at the time the tension in the ground was unbearable before Fozzys "Arie Haan" rocket.Daryl Russell scored the third i believe after their goalkeeper went walkabout.

[quote user="renegadecanary"]You can''t deny that the "fozzy flick" was an amazing piece of skill  and that he scored  a brilliant goal on the last day of the season against QPR which kept us up under the rodent.Ched Evans had scored first but even then we were still very nervous until Fozzys "Arie Haan" rocket.[/quote]

The ''highlight'' of his career was a scuffed shot in to the side netting; sums that loser up nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEnX3RKVe_k

[quote user="renegadecanary"]he scored  a brilliant goal on the last day of the season against QPR which kept us up under the rodent.[/quote]Really? Unless my memory is playing tricks it was a rubbish shot which only went in thanks to a huge deflection. Not that anyone was complaining at the time!

Fozzy, was is and always will be a City legend.

Cant say any more , the nurse is coming with my medicine.

[quote user="pbtc"][quote user="renegadecanary"]he scored  a brilliant goal on the last day of the season against QPR which kept us up under the rodent.[/quote]Really? Unless my memory is playing tricks it was a rubbish shot which only went in thanks to a huge deflection. Not that anyone was complaining at the time![/quote]I remember him scoring with another coulple of deflections. The Barnsley one remains quite strong in the memory for the completely absurd amount of luck involved in it.Infact, did he ever score a goal in the League that didn''t have a deflection? According to wiki he scored against Barnet, but outside of scoring at home against a lowly League Two outfit in the Cup, could he lay claim to having a goal he was fully credible for in all his time with us?

He did finish off a nice move at home to Southampton (without a deflection) in Gunn''s first match in full charge. But he was well and truly outdone in that match by Wes'' wondergoal, and by the end nobody cared as we''d somehow thrown away a 2 goal HT lead against an awful side.