Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Our crowd in league 1 and Blackpool

I thought i read somewhere once that Blackpool''s ground wasn''t upto the standards required of a Premier League club so if they were to ever get promoted they''d need to do some serious work or play elsewhere. Am i wrong or have they since done enough to bring it upto standard? I know they built a new stand fairly recently

[quote user="KingsLynnCanary"]I thought i read somewhere once that Blackpool''s ground wasn''t upto the standards required of a Premier League club so if they were to ever get promoted they''d need to do some serious work or play elsewhere. Am i wrong or have they since done enough to bring it upto standard? I know they built a new stand fairly recently[/quote]Think I read they just need to add a medical centre and possibly a media centre. Expect they''re going to replace that old stand quick-sharp over the summer as well. Should fulfil all the criteria.

CT, I do hope you''re not suggesting all the teams with high attendances should be higher up in the leagues. That''s ludicrous. You get promoted by winning games, and therefore deserve to be where you are by merit, not attendances. Also alot of places simply can''t compete with our attendances because of population. There are no teams within 40 miles of us, and so people in Norfolk only have one team to support. Blackpool has a 120,000 population, and they also have one or two teams very near them.

"we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments."

No we wouldn''t!

[quote user="Brendo "]CT, I do hope you''re not suggesting all the teams with high attendances should be higher up in the leagues. That''s ludicrous. You get promoted by winning games, and therefore deserve to be where you are by merit, not attendances. Also alot of places simply can''t compete with our attendances because of population. There are no teams within 40 miles of us, and so people in Norfolk only have one team to support. Blackpool has a 120,000 population, and they also have one or two teams very near them.[/quote]If you read my post again you will realise that what I was actually saying was that size DOES NOT matter and that they''ve done very well to get to the premierleague with those small attendence figures and that maybe it goes to show that attendence is not as important to whether a side is successful as it once was.

I thought our one season in the Prem just recently might have paid off all of our debts etc etc etc, but, if anything, we seemed worse off when we came out, to when we went in!

The only clubs that deserve to be in the Prem are the clubs that are in the Prem.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments."

No we wouldn''t![/quote]I bow to your debating skills.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Jedi"]"we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments."

No we wouldn''t![/quote]I bow to your debating skills.[/quote]He''s right though - it wouldn''t ! [:)]

Although football is very much influenced by whos got the most money, what Division a clubs in still depends on performance on the pitch. The day that isn''t the case, football will really be on the verge of killing itself !

That why, although we are a big club who should never of got that low, last season we were in League 1, the same as bankrolled small clubs like Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn who aren''t as big as us are in the Premiership!

The hope the day never comes when the Premiership becomes a closed shop with membership decided on the size of the club cause that would kill the romance of football and eventually make the Premiership very stale and repetitive which would see interest decrease!

It always makes me laugh when people say that they''d prefer their club to stay in the Championship rather than get promoted to the Prem.Surely the aim of any football club is to get as high up the football ladder as they can. Would you be disappointed if we won the league this coming season? And if you want to stagnate in a league what''s the point in playing? To consolidate a midtable finish so we don''t get promoted?

Yeah I agree, that is ridiculous!

In Norwichs instance, we are never going to achieve our full potential unless we get back in the Premiership where we can build the ground up to a decent capacity, try and become a regular top flight club again and try to get back into European competitiion.

I think people that say that mean that the Championships a more even playing field and one where Norwich would have more of a chance!

The Premierhsips not the be all and end all if your a true fan of your club, but the aim is to be in it thats for sure!

!?! CT posted:
Blackpool hope to get 20,000 in the premierleauge! ...

Tangy replied:

Given that according to the BBC webiste they have planning permission to take theiur ground capacity up to 16,000 and they are going ahead with building a permanent fourth stand........where are they going to fit in the other 4,000?

CT - If you read my post again you will realise that what I was actually saying was that size DOES NOT matter and that they''ve done very well to get to the premierleague with those small attendence figures and that maybe it goes to show that attendence is not as important to whether a side is successful as it once was.

I am sorry CT, but I really don''t think you were. This is your original post : We got 25k week in week out in the third tier - which is fantastic.Blackpool

hope to get 20,000 in the premierleauge! WOW! My garden shed springs to

mind...I would NOT swap positions with Blackpool. Would you? 
You are blatently mocking their crowds here, rather than praising the team for their efforts. And also, please explain to me why on earth you wouldn''t swap positions with them?

I would NOT swap positions with Blackpool. Would you?

Honestly???.....Bigger teams, bigger revenue, premiership payments.........and theres also the chance of staying up and not coming straight back down as most have assumed...........didnt people say that about Wigan, Fulham, Birmingham to name a few???

Sop what if we get 25,000 {actually it will be 27,000}, i would take 5,000 less supporters and a premiership place anytime.

This thread is possible the thickest ive encountered......and taking into account some of the crap ive put on here that says a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!

CT -

If you read my post again you will realise that what I was actually saying was that size DOES NOT matter and that they''ve done very well to get to the premierleague with those small attendence figures and that maybe it goes to show that attendence is not as important to whether a side is successful as it once was

CT''s Original Post - We got 25k week in week out in the third tier - which is fantastic.

Blackpool hope to get 20,000 in the premierleauge! WOW! My garden shed springs to mind...

I would NOT swap positions with Blackpool. Would you?

CT - You are young, but that excuse only works for so long......your original post is 100% different from the crap you claimed it meant.

Get a grip!!!!!!!!!!

If you''re going to try and discredit me as a Norwich fan then come up with something better than that!

I think that it is the other way round CT.  Not discrediting you as a Norwich supporter but rather with your arrogant and patronising posturing, you discredit Norwich supporters.   We have had our fill of "we''re a big club with big crowds who consequently are better than you and deserve success".   We don''t want or need to be that ourselves.   Perhaps you should support Leeds as you seem to have more in common with Spainboy than most other posters on here.

It is just about ok with Colchester because of their attitude last season but I think you are seriously out of step with the general feeling here which is good luck to Blackpool

I think my comments have been mis-construed and I guess as the author I have to take the blame for that.I think Blackpool have done wonderfully well  to get to the Premiership and I wish them every possible success next year. I''m not saying that Blackpool didnt deserve because they played wonderfully well last season and won a tight match v Cardiff.Yes we might have a bigger stadium/support than them but they are a better side than us- and the stats prove it.Well done Blackpool and the best of luck next year.

CT, be honest, you made the original post, saw what a cock everyone thought you were, and are now back peddling trying to make out you were making another point entirely....its there for all to see....rather than lying and talking more crap...people might let you off, if you just owned up and admitted you were a plank for posting that stupid comment???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]CT, be honest, you made the original post, saw what a cock everyone thought you were, and are now back peddling trying to make out you were making another point entirely....its there for all to see....rather than lying and talking more crap...people might let you off, if you just owned up and admitted you were a plank for posting that stupid comment???[/quote]I''m not back peddling at all (pot calling kettle back by any chance Arthur? [;)]).All I''m saying is that Blackpool have done well DESPITE the relatively low attendence figures. If I''m a ''cock'' for posting that then so be it!

Oh and I am by no means the first Norwich fan to belittle other clubs for their attendences!!You only have to be at Carrow Road when the attendence is announced to hear the ''whats it like to see a crowd'' chant!!

No, City, you are a cock for posting this.......

"We got 25k week in week out in the third tier - which is fantastic.

Blackpool hope to get 20,000 in the premierleauge! WOW! My garden shed springs to mind...

I would NOT swap positions with Blackpool. Would you? "

Just admit you cocked up mate, I apologise all the while, as recent as llast night infact.......theres no shame in it lado...........

My point of that comment was to CONGRATULATE US on good attendences (sp?) in the third tier rather than to belittle Blackpool (and that is the Gods honest truth). Although I do apologise for the rather patronising tone of the post.And the reason I wouldnt swap with Blackpool is because I wouldnt want a year of thrashings and beatings DESPITE the money.

You are just talking sh;te now CT, and making a plum of yourself..........give it a rest before the little credability you have is gone completley........advice from someone that knows..........