Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Our crowd in league 1 and Blackpool

We got 25k week in week out in the third tier - which is fantastic.Blackpool hope to get 20,000 in the premierleauge! WOW! My garden shed springs to mind...I would NOT swap positions with Blackpool. Would you?

.....and the away supporters will have the uncovered stand. That''ll go down well with the Chelsea fans on a cold wet winters night!!

[quote user=" CT "]We got 25k week in week out in the third tier - which is fantastic.Blackpool hope to get 20,000 in the premierleauge! WOW! My garden shed springs to mind...I would NOT swap positions with Blackpool. Would you? [/quote]Yes well done their stadium holds less than ours, want a medal|?

great parking facilities as its stuck right in the middle of a car park ,but what they have done this year is has been fantastic .hope its us in the same position next year then we could have a 30,000+ stadium

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course I would, we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments.[/quote]I understand all that Chopsy however...would you REALLY want to sit through 12 months of beatings? I wouldnt. Guess I''m just a purist who puts football above money...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course I would, we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments.[/quote]

Take a look at debt levels in the Prem..... you just have to make bigger ends meet = bigger debts.

CCC every time .....

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I thought we''d get rid of this arrogant big club with big crowds rubbish having spent a season in League 1.[/quote]Oh Come on, most fans outside of our club view us as one of the least arrogant clubs of all.Something i agree with. Arrogant fans of ours are in a very, very small minority in my opinion.

[quote user="BA"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course I would, we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments.[/quote]

Take a look at debt levels in the Prem..... you just have to make bigger ends meet = bigger debts.

CCC every time .....[/quote]Really?  The Burnley model seems to have done them alright.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course I would, we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments.[/quote]I understand all that Chopsy however...would you REALLY want to sit through 12 months of beatings? I wouldnt. Guess I''m just a purist who puts football above money...[/quote]Maybe... or you could interpret your comments as suggesting that you only want to watch Norwich if they''re winning.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I thought we''d get rid of this arrogant big club with big crowds rubbish having spent a season in League 1.[/quote]Oh Come on, most fans outside of our club view us as one of the least arrogant clubs of all.Something i agree with. Arrogant fans of ours are in a very, very small minority in my opinion.

[/quote]i wouldn''t, but there''s no need for the jealous swipe at them, fair play to them, they held their nreve the best out of the playoff teams this year, why shouldn''t they have their time in the prem, it''s up to us to work hard and get there ourselves, football isn''t won on attendance figures, it helps, but esentially it means naff all if the team doesn''t want it. If it was, i bet Shanghai Sheuna fans would be livid!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CT "][quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course I would, we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments.[/quote]I understand all that Chopsy however...would you REALLY want to sit through 12 months of beatings? I wouldnt. Guess I''m just a purist who puts football above money...[/quote]Maybe... or you could interpret your comments as suggesting that you only want to watch Norwich if they''re winning.[/quote]You could also interpret it as me wanting the very best for Norwich City by not getting beaten week in week out.Dont question my support to City please. I will have a season ticket until the day I die!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

With a capacity of circa 13,000 can Blackpool really compete in the Premier League?

[:^)]

[/quote]

of course they can as a lot of prem revenue is tv money.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BA"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course I would, we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments.

[/quote] Take a look at debt levels in the Prem..... you just have to make bigger ends meet = bigger debts. CCC every time .....[/quote]

Really?  The Burnley model seems to have done them alright.

[/quote]

Sorry what?! They''ve lost their manager and the funds are goimg into the owner''s pocket.....

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CT"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course I would, we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments.[/quote]I understand all that Chopsy however...would you REALLY want to sit through 12 months of beatings? I wouldnt. Guess I''m just a purist who puts football above money...[/quote]Maybe... or you could interpret your comments as suggesting that you only want to watch Norwich if they''re winning.[/quote]You could also interpret it as me wanting the very best for Norwich City by not getting beaten week in week out.Dont question my support to City please. I will have a season ticket until the day I die!

[/quote]Or, until we get to the prem and get beaten ''week in, week out''?

quote user="PUP''s are City''s future ...(Norwich)"]I don''t understand why people don''t want to be in the Prem [:^)]

i do, but i believe i''ll have a more successful time in the long run supporting Norwich than Blackpool, looking at it long term

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CT"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CT"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course I would, we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments.[/quote]I understand all that Chopsy however...would you REALLY want to sit through 12 months of beatings? I wouldnt. Guess I''m just a purist who puts football above money...[/quote]Maybe... or you could interpret your comments as suggesting that you only want to watch Norwich if they''re winning.[/quote]You could also interpret it as me wanting the very best for Norwich City by not getting beaten week in week out.Dont question my support to City please. I will have a season ticket until the day I die!

[/quote]Or, until we get to the prem and get beaten ''week in, week out''?[/quote]Well I''ve had a season ticket even after the prem beatings week in week out and getting relegated from the championship.If you''re going to try and discredit me as a Norwich fan then come up with something better than that!

Remember the Premiership in its infancy - of which we were a member?

We had gates of less than 16,000 for many of our home games....How many season ticket holders did we have then?

Attendance snobbery....methinks. Where were our ''beshtesh fushball shurpporters'' then?

Wigan has small crowds and they''ve been up there for a good long time.

As was pointed out, crowd size becomes less and less important to club finances in the Prem as TV money gets bigger and bigger.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="CT "][quote user="Mister Chops"]Of course I would, we would wipe all our debts out with one season in the Premier League & the parachute payments.[/quote]I understand all that Chopsy however...would you REALLY want to sit through 12 months of beatings? I wouldnt. Guess I''m just a purist who puts football above money...[/quote]Maybe... or you could interpret your comments as suggesting that you only want to watch Norwich if they''re winning.[/quote]You could also interpret it as me wanting the very best for Norwich City by not getting beaten week in week out.Dont question my support to City please. I will have a season ticket until the day I die!

[/quote]Not questioning your support.  When you called yourself "a purist who puts football above money," I think you missed the point.  One year in the Premier League, if managed properly, would keep this club solvent and above water/debt-free for a very long time.  Winning and losing isn''t just done on the pitch any more, it''s also done in ledgers.Basically, to knock back the financial bonuses from the Premiership is to not really understand how to get the most for your club out of modern football.