Sign in to follow this  
freddyf105

Statue

I saw a similar post to this on 606 and it got me thinking:

Many football clubs have statues of famous players/managers outside their grounds however Norwich don''t. Therefore if the club did choose to erect a statue outside the ground:

1. Who would you want it to be of?

2. Where would you want it?

Barry Butler or Ron Ashman for me. It would stand near the Carrow Road gates by the club shop.

I think we should have a statue of Deli in her ''letsbe ''avin ya!'' pose outside the away end of the Jarrold stand to intimidate them on entry...

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Geoffrey Watling Near the club shop.In years to come, a perfect statue would be of Hucks.[/quote]After Geoffrey passed I ranted to the club that they didn''t do anything to remember him by. (stadium & road etc was prior to his passing) and I had a phone call from Doncaster saying that there were plans to put a statue outside the club shop... nothing happened about it yet though, doubt it ever will [:@]

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Geoffrey Watling

Near the club shop.

In years to come, a perfect statue would be of Hucks.
[/quote]

After Geoffrey passed I ranted to the club that they didn''t do anything to remember him by. (stadium & road etc was prior to his passing) and I had a phone call from Doncaster saying that there were plans to put a statue outside the club shop... nothing happened about it yet though, doubt it ever will [:@]
[/quote]

Yes, it would seem right to put a statue outside the Geoffrey Watling stand to honour everything did for the club.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Geoffrey Watling

Near the club shop.
[/quote]My choice also...............not ruddy Delia before some clown says so.[;)]

Geoffry Watling no question.

Mike Garnt, Specials "If you have a racist friend now is the time for that friendship to end"......so are we not friends.............joke by the way.......

[quote user="AndyCanary"]After Geoffrey passed I ranted to the club that they didn''t do anything to remember him by. (stadium & road etc was prior to his passing) and I had a phone call from Doncaster saying that there were plans to put a statue outside the club shop... nothing happened about it yet though, doubt it ever will [:@][/quote]Would you rather the club buy a statue or a player?.........

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="AndyCanary"]After Geoffrey passed I ranted to the club that they didn''t do anything to remember him by. (stadium & road etc was prior to his passing) and I had a phone call from Doncaster saying that there were plans to put a statue outside the club shop... nothing happened about it yet though, doubt it ever will [:@][/quote]Would you rather the club buy a statue or a player?.........[/quote]There wouldn''t be a club to buy players if it wasn''t for Geoffrey.. Even with that aside the money he left in his will to the club, and the loans he forfeited covered more cash than the club has spent on transfers in the last 5 years.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Barclay hard nut and regular away match rucker - Big Steve![/quote]

Yeah with Joey Royle next to him!

Got to be Watling for me....

[quote user="Brian Badonde "]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Barclay hard nut and regular away match rucker - Big Steve![/quote]

Yeah with Joey Royle next to him!

Got to be Watling for me....

[/quote]

AND NOT THAT JOE ROYLE!!!!!

Paul Lambert. Truth be told, I don''t even know who Geoffery Watling was in relation to Norwich. [:$] I''m sure he''d be a fitting choice though. [:)]

[quote user="freddyf105"]

in short, he saved the club

[/quote]Legend! So did Paul Lambert though. [;)]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="freddyf105"]

in short, he saved the club

[/quote]

Legend! So did Paul Lambert though. [;)]
[/quote]

yeah but Lambert did in a different way!  

Mike Dennis with his tongue firmly wedged in Delia''s arse with a miniature Morty looking on with a tape playing "Are you on alcohol or drugs?" on a loop.