Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Striker

I heard we could be making a move on Rooney, but he may not want to join as he won''t be getting first team football reugually... so then we will go after Torres, who is willing to wait for his turn under supervision of the great Grant Holt [:P]

Think Lambert is more concerned with all other areas of the pitch at the moment!

Goalkeeping issues to resolve-one, more likely two to come onboard for next season.

Maybe full back cover?

One midfielder signed, another one or two to come in, especially if Russell goes, as looks possible.

Striker? Agree, we need one-Martin and Holt can''t carry the responsibility all season, though they will start as first choice.

Think a striker may be one of the season long loan signings; Delfouneso at Villa keeps getting the nod in various media outlets, wonder if there is anything in that?

[quote user="First Jedi"]Comedy gold! :)[/quote]

Was that a hint of sarcasm?

If so, you are hilarious!!!!!!

"Was that a hint of sarcasm?"

Never!

"If so, you are hilarious!!!!!!"

I feel so honoured to have been acknowledged as part of this season of comedy gold!

Hulse is a good player, excellent at the CCC level-was no.9 at Crewe just before Ashton I think...?

Does tend to have injury problems though.

Anyway, moneybags Leeds are after him and he''s a Leeds fan, so....

"Don''t you worry First Jedi, no one comes close to you in the comedy stakes!!"

Funnily enough, I''m trying to become a stand-up comedian.... yeah, I know! Don''t laugh! ;)

Well if we are after 7 or 8 players, then with 2 signed and its obvious that we would like Forster to be another.....that leaves 4 or 5.

May be:

2 strikers including a target man to compete with Holt for the first team place

1 left midfield player .....I think Bailey of Charlton is impressive but could we persuade Charlton to sell?

1 right winger....people have mentioned 19 yearold  Phillips at Wycombe and 21 year old Green at Dagenham & Redbridge

1 full back or another midfield player???

Mind you Lambert is likely to surprise us.

If we can sign all these players then with some players already likely to go out on loan, e.g., Rudd, Steer, Stephens then may be we can add McDonald, Daley too.

In Lambert we trust!

Why do people keep going on about a left winger?

We have Hoolahan, McNamee and Lappin who can all play there and all have a left foot.

Right wing is the glaring issue along with goal keeper. I know people have said that Smith has played there but he is a central midfielder. He can do a job out there, and maybe that is where he will be played but he isn''t a natural winger.

After the current signings we have:

GK: Rudd and Steer who both lack experience to be thrown in at the deep end at this point.

LB: Drury, Wiggins - is Lambert going to look for another left back? Sounds like it so maybe Wiggins will go.

CB: Nelson, Askou, Ward, Whitbread with Spillane if needed.

RB: R. Martin, Spillane - is Spillane favoured by Lambert? Not sure he would want to get any more players in here unless he sees Martin as a right winger which has been identified as a position he can play. We had a youngster play there last season who looked pretty good so I should think we have enough cover there for now.

LM: Hoolahan, McNamee and Lappn - suffice if you ask me. C. Martin can do a job there if needs be.

CM: Crofts, Hughes, Smith, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Russell if he stays, Adeyemi (are there any others I have forgotten as I do seem to do from time to time?) - probably our strongest department at the moment.

RM: have we actually got a natural right footed winger?

Strikers: Holt, Martin, Oli, Cody and Daley.

I have not included all of the youngsters but as you can see at the moment I would say if we want to play 4-4-2 we are desperately short on a right sided midfielder.

If we are playing 4-3-3 then we switch that problem a certain extent with the attacking players being bolstered by McNamee and Hoolahan with Lappin joining the midfielders.

However we still need a plan B and we need a right winger - even if it is just one! For me we need:

Desperately: At least one keeper, preferably Forster, to be the number one for Rudd and Steer to apprentice. A right winger and a target man. For me they have to be our three main targets.

Not so importantly another left back as it looks like Wiggins is on his way and dependant on whether Gill and Tudor-Jones stay or not possibly another central midfielder.

Its going to get to a point soon where I think Lambert will have to consider moving some players on to make space for others but he seems to want to get players in before letting them go which we seemed to have been adverse to in the past. I think the Doc went with the knowledge Ward was coming and that a bit of time was left between the two for people to get over Doc going.

[quote user="chicken"]

We have Hoolahan, McNamee and Lappin who can all play there and all have a left foot.

Right wing is the glaring issue along with goal keeper. I know people have said that Smith has played there but he is a central midfielder. He can do a job out there, and maybe that is where he will be played but he isn''t a natural winger.

After the current signings we have:

GK: Rudd and Steer who both lack experience to be thrown in at the deep end at this point.

LB: Drury, Wiggins - is Lambert going to look for another left back? Sounds like it so maybe Wiggins will go.

CB: Nelson, Askou, Ward, Whitbread with Spillane if needed.

RB: R. Martin, Spillane - is Spillane favoured by Lambert? Not sure he would want to get any more players in here unless he sees Martin as a right winger which has been identified as a position he can play. We had a youngster play there last season who looked pretty good so I should think we have enough cover there for now.

LM: Hoolahan, McNamee and Lappn - suffice if you ask me. C. Martin can do a job there if needs be.

CM: Crofts, Hughes, Smith, Gill, Tudor-Jones, Russell if he stays, Adeyemi (are there any others I have forgotten as I do seem to do from time to time?) - probably our strongest department at the moment.

RM: have we actually got a natural right footed winger?

Strikers: Holt, Martin, Oli, Cody and Daley.

I have not included all of the youngsters but as you can see at the moment I would say if we want to play 4-4-2 we are desperately short on a right sided midfielder.

If we are playing 4-3-3 then we switch that problem a certain extent with the attacking players being bolstered by McNamee and Hoolahan with Lappin joining the midfielders.

However we still need a plan B and we need a right winger - even if it is just one! For me we need:

Desperately: At least one keeper, preferably Forster, to be the number one for Rudd and Steer to apprentice. A right winger and a target man. For me they have to be our three main targets.

Not so importantly another left back as it looks like Wiggins is on his way and dependant on whether Gill and Tudor-Jones stay or not possibly another central midfielder.

Its going to get to a point soon where I think Lambert will have to consider moving some players on to make space for others but he seems to want to get players in before letting them go which we seemed to have been adverse to in the past. I think the Doc went with the knowledge Ward was coming and that a bit of time was left between the two for people to get over Doc going.

[/quote]Lappin imho just wont cut it in the CC...i do think we need another winger and Adomah would do nicely[Y]

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Don''t you worry First Jedi, no one comes close to you in the comedy stakes!!" Funnily enough, I''m trying to become a stand-up comedian.... yeah, I know! Don''t laugh! ;)[/quote]

Amateur night at Komedia?

Back on topic, we definitely need a more clinical striker with pace. I like Oli and Cody, but only see the former being an impact sub, and the latter a loanee this season.

I think we could do a lot worse than look at Joe Garner of Forest, he''s young, scores goals, mobile, works hard and can put himself about if needed. His career at Forest hasn''t really got going since joining for £1.1m because of a couple of injuries,  the form of Earnshaw & Blackstock has often meant he has had to play outwide when he has had an opportunity so he''s not banged in the goal he''s capable of.

Nacho Novo??? Is that realistic???.....Getting on...still has a season or two in him......switch from scotts Premier to championship about the same level....championship probably stronger than scotts prem actually.......

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]Hoolahan can''t play as a left winger as he proved the season before last, he needs a freer role like last season for him to operate at his best.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Nacho Novo??? Is that realistic???.....Getting on...still has a season or two in him......switch from scotts Premier to championship about the same level....championship probably stronger than scotts prem actually.......[/quote]no....hes just joined another spainish team : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8698358.stmBilly Sharp would be nice...

[quote user="Harry"] Hoolahan can''t play as a left winger as he proved the season before last, he needs a freer role like last season for him to operate at his best.[/quote]I think he can play on the left hand side of midfield but he''s just not as effective as when he''s in that free role. He started last season slowly but I thought he was starting to perform really well on the left before his injury, had he not picked up that injury we may have stayed up.