Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Which of you do not support England

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

To much diversity training and not enough patriotism.

[/quote]The problem for me is when people confuse patriotism with racism. One is to love your country whilst taking no umbrage with other nations, the other is to hate other countries/races etc whilst pushing some false "we are better than you" ideal.I never considered myself a patriot as I could find too much to fault about the country and it''s actions globally, but after I left the country I realised that I am indeed proud to be English, British and European. I just don''t think that not supporting England means I''m not a patriot, a national football team is such an insignificant thing it doesn''t really matter, I also don''t consider myself any less of a patriot to feel that the senseless blaming of immigrants for all our problems is backwards and hateful.

I also don''t consider myself any less of a patriot to feel that the senseless blaming of immigrants for all our problems is backwards and hateful.

Nobody said that.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

I also don''t consider myself any less of a patriot to feel that the senseless blaming of immigrants for all our problems is backwards and hateful.

Nobody said that.

[/quote]Not here they didn''t true, but people do its not an unreasonable statement to make in relation to this discussion.

Where has anyone said that then???

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

To much diversity training and not enough patriotism.

[/quote]

The problem for me is when people confuse patriotism with racism. One is to love your country whilst taking no umbrage with other nations, the other is to hate other countries/races etc whilst pushing some false "we are better than you" ideal.

I never considered myself a patriot as I could find too much to fault about the country and it''s actions globally, but after I left the country I realised that I am indeed proud to be English, British and European. I just don''t think that not supporting England means I''m not a patriot, a national football team is such an insignificant thing it doesn''t really matter, I also don''t consider myself any less of a patriot to feel that the senseless blaming of immigrants for all our problems is backwards and hateful.
[/quote]

[Y] well said sir!!!