Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Which of you do not support England

Being an Enlishmen I certianly support England but I would point out I support Norwich more.  Norwich being promoted to the Premier League would excite me far more than Rio lifting the world cup. Then again I suppose which ever team that wins the World Cup won''t be allowed to lift it, as it would risk upsetting the other teams........... *internetsniggerlol@theXenephobicandracistfacebooktypes face*

Interesting view. Supporting both if i had to pick i would go for an England World Cup win rather than city in the Premiership.World cup wins come once or at best twice in a lifetime but promotions and relegations come and go and i will continue to watch regardless

Not as interesting as my proof reading skills, or rather lack of them. :) Really must learn to read what I have written prior to posting!

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Do all Enlishmen put club before country?[:P][/quote]Yes..It can be taxing supporting thugs like Stevie G & the rest of the unlikeables...@ the end of the day i will always want us 2 win .

Since Sweden missed out on the WC I will probably be watching the England games...Not with the same passion as when my country plays, but I´ll cheer on them :)

I''m going to buck the trend here I think.

To sum it up: I support Norwich whilst I''ll loosely be following England. I just don''t have the affinity with England players that I have for Norwich players.

My housemates have spent a small fortune on getting Sky HD+ and a large LCD screen in readiness for the World Cup, and whilst I''ve chipped in my share, I doubt I''ll get the same sense of enjoyment that they''ll get from the World Cup games shown. I''ll more than likely watch the tournament as a whole, rather than specifically England games.

[quote user="ldnboy"]I support Germany[/quote]

...only when England get knocked out!

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Do all Enlishmen put club before country?[:P]
[/quote]

Country and Club are both equal to me! ...Though you can bet if we do get far,just watch how excited some of these `aint bovvered` fans become proud nationals,wearing the 3 lions to work and putting little st george flags on their cars!

i think i have said on here before but My Grandmother is Swiss.... Since i was little i have always supported them internationally, I do of course follow England and hope they can pull it off this year (although unlikely sadly!) but i must admit i have cheered for Switzerland in meetings between the 2...Those that know me on this board know that i am the proud owner of the Swiss euro 2008 shirt, i wear it for footy training regularly. Its just my upbringing at the end of the day... We (Switzerland) arent going to win the world cup but can make the 2nd round, where a tasty meeting against Brazil will await most likely! If we can beat Spain on the first group game we can win the group.. Ottmar Hitzfeld took over with Switzerland struggling in their qualifying group.. they then won 8 on the bounce to qualify for the world cup....Hitfeltz record with Bayern and Borussia dortmund is top notch.. and he is one of only 3 managerts to have won the champions league as a manager of 2 different clubs...Hopp suisse!

I support England but I''m not really that bothered about how well they do.  It''s all about Norwich City for me, then the England Cricket team, then England''s football team.

City over England everyday of the week. I''ll want England to win when it kicks off but I''ll never get anywhere near the excitement I felt when we won promotion to the premier a few years back.

I don''t really support England. I''ll watch the World Cup, but I really don''t care who wins it.

I support England just as much as I support Norwich. I always want England to do well in the world cup and European tournaments, but then I also always want us to have a really good season.

I don''t really support England at all really, it will be great if they do well, but to be frank, i think i will prefer watching teams like Spain, Brazil, Argentina at the World Cup.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t really support England at all really, it will be great if they do well, but to be frank, i think i will prefer watching teams like Spain, Brazil, Argentina at the World Cup.....[/quote]Jesus christ and youre my age.I think football is changing but for a 17/18/19 year old to not be passionate about their international country competing in a world-wide event is quite frankly shocking.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]Do all Enlishmen put club before country?[:P]
[/quote]

I certainly do. I''ll get behind the team in the tournament and doubtless get caught up in the excitement of the quarter-finals [;)] as I always do but it doesn''t touch what I feel for City!

Part of the problem for me is that our international team are largely a bunch of arrogant, self-absorbed and super-wealthy tosspots.  The 1966 team were working class heroes in the truest sense, many of them so skint in later life that they have sold their world cup medals and/or their shirts to have anything like a semi-decent standard of living.  1966 - Bobby Moore2010 - John TerryWhile it would be nice if England got to the semi finals, is it surprising that some of us aren''t really that bothered?

I think that''s a large part of it, Chopsy.  We can''t really identify with them.  See also: unbelievably hysterical, over-hyped and over-saturated media coverage.Like most people, of course I''ll want England to do well and maybe I''ll end up watching the games down the pub for the ''atmosphere'' but my heart won''t really be in it.  I''m just really looking forward to the tournament and the occasion as a whole.

Made me laugh when Chiles said that there was 50m England fans, no Chiles, there''s 50m people in England but take all the non-English and those born here but who still consider some other place "home" out of the equation and you end up with just 40m English fans.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Made me laugh when Chiles said that there was 50m England fans, no Chiles, there''s 50m people in England but take all the non-English and those born here but who still consider some other place "home" out of the equation and you end up with just 40m English fans.[/quote]And then you add back in all the English who have moved abroad, because emigration also exists, and you get closer to 50 million again.Now you can carry on being ever so slightly racist.

I''m more looking forward to the tournament than watching England.  I hope England win and I will get a bit excited when it comes to the knock-out rounds but overall, Norwich getting promoted this year and a good footballing world cup is more than good enough for me, if England win it''s a bonus but it will probably be quarter finals again.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Being an Enlishmen I certianly support England but I would point out I support Norwich more.  Norwich being promoted to the Premier League would excite me far more than Rio lifting the world cup. Then again I suppose which ever team that wins the World Cup won''t be allowed to lift it, as it would risk upsetting the other teams........... *internetsniggerlol@theXenephobicandracistfacebooktypes face*[/quote]

I  support   both  as  an english man I will always support england  but  they  do not have my  loyalty as  Norwich City have, I have  already seen england win the world  cup  in  1966 so  I have  seen england  reach  the  pinnacle of  football,  my  next dream is  to see  Norwich  City win the premier League I have  just  purchased a Norwich  City football Club  Shirt with both the Norwich   and  England  Logos on it arrived  today so will be  wearing that throughout the  world  cup

Club  and  country