Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Elliott Ward unveiled at 1.45 Press Conference

I have to confess to not knowing much about the guy.All joking aside, does anyone know if he''s any good or not?

He was really good a few years ago, he was like the centre half that every team in the division wanted, but I think he''s declined since...

So all this crap Doomcaster used to come out with about not being able to sign players til just before the season starts, was just that...crap!

I can''t believe a player who hasn''t even so much as put on a City shirt and walked onto the hallowed turf of Carrow Road, already has people getting on his back!It''s just embarassing and shameful, and i sincerely hope you all take a hard look at yourselves, for your behaviour has been nothing but wretched and abhorrent. You despicable bunch. [:P]

...what a good piece of news greets me, I''ve always rated Elliot, he has certainly matched our strikers in recent years! Right back, keeper and a striker and I think we''re set

If it''s the one i think it is, he''s a very good penalty taker, don''t know much about his defending though

Just got off the phone with a friend who is a Cov season ticket holder.

He says that a few seasons back Ward was great but did not get on with Dowie which led to a run in the reserves and questionable fitness. Not the quickest but apparently solid and good in the air.

Not sure I take much confidence from this as imagine his wages will not be small.

I think this thread is a joke BBJ... but yeah I understand computers are''t the best way of conveying sarcasm...

[quote user="Big Slob"]If it''s the one i think it is, he''s a very good penalty taker, don''t know much about his defending though[/quote]

Think that is his brother Darren.

[quote user="Standard"]...what a good piece of news greets me, I''ve always rated Elliot, he has certainly matched our strikers in recent years! Right back, keeper and a striker and I think we''re set[/quote] And a right winger in my opinion...

[quote user="rjwc22"][quote user="Big Slob"]If it''s the one i think it is, he''s a very good penalty taker, don''t know much about his defending though
[/quote] Think that is his brother Darren.[/quote]

He used to take penalties for them... He wouldn''t have this season though cause he was out on loan.

[quote user="freddyf105"]

I think this thread is a joke BBJ... but yeah I understand computers are''t the best way of conveying sarcasm...

[/quote]Thankyou for your understanding, and willingness of acceptance should i have strayed so far.Though i feel the power of the ''[;)]'' smiley should not be underestmated in my post.

Nevetheless, cheers for the concern mate. [Y]

I detected a hint of sarcasm in your post lincoln canary!

Great signing...what a mouth-watering back 4 we have in prospect next season

Drury  Ward   Whitbread   Spillane

[quote user="Big Bad John at the top of League One"][quote user="freddyf105"]

[/quote]Thankyou for your understanding, and willingness of acceptance should i have strayed so far.Though i feel the power of the ''[;)]'' smiley should not be underestimated in my post.

Nevertheless, cheers for the concern mate. [Y][/quote]Infact, something that should be of a greater concern to you is my spelling. [:$]I''m atleast willing to admit that is "wretched", "abhorrent", "despicable"... etc..

[quote user="jeagle"]I saw Fraser this morning. He was waqiting to pull onto the St.Stephens Street roundabout at about 8.45am, driving a metallic blue 59 plate BMW 3 Series. I didn''t really think anything of it, would they have a press conference for a season long loan signing?[/quote]I''m not saying I don''t believe you..............liar! [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="jeagle"]I saw Fraser this morning. He was waqiting to pull onto the St.Stephens Street roundabout at about 8.45am, driving a metallic blue 59 plate BMW 3 Series. I didn''t really think anything of it, would they have a press conference for a season long loan signing?[/quote]I''m not saying I don''t believe you..............liar! [^o)][/quote]

Ha, like I said I didn''t think anything of it. He may just have been emptying his locker...

Very good signing on the face of it.

We needed to get someone in there who is used to playing at Championship level after the Doc left and to get someone like Ward, who has shown in the past that he''s got a bit about him as a player, looks to be great work from the manager/club.

Can''t think of anyone better than him we could have signed (realistically).

Really, really excited by this signing.  Yet more proof that our club at last has embraced ambition again. 

Wow, I''ve just got online and found Norwich have signed a second player before May has even finished?Have I strayed into some kind of parallel universe where we go about things in the right way in plenty of time to prepare for the coming season?Next thing, you''ll all be telling me there''s harmony among the fans and we''ve just won the league...................

Coventry fans seem to think he had a raw deal under Coleman and are hoping he has his two bad games this season when we play them. Could be a very good piece of business on a free.

I confess I have not seen him live but I have always heard good things about him. Plus if he changed hands for £1 million at one point he must have something about him. Good replacement for the Doc it would seem. It seems like Whitbread and Ward will be the men in posession next season. Quite a nice combination if both can find their form.