Sign in to follow this  
Common Sense

At Last We Are Getting There

Although I am unlike many supporters by "going overboard" about PL there is no question that he is the best manager we have had for a while. In addition McNally is a refreshing and altogether marked improvement on his predecessor.

However my main point is the breath of fresh air they continue to exude.

Just one example is the two recent player purchases, both relatively well known, experienced and well established footballers purchased BEFORE the end MAY.

When was the last time this club bought two players before the end of May ?

We were always told it was nigh impossible to "get players in" before July with agents & players away on their holidays and other false excuses.

This gives players time to adjust to their new club, a new area and more importantly a full pre-season to get fit and blend into the system the manager wants them to play in.

I expect PL to bring as many players in to the club before pre-season or as early as possible.

Thank goodness we finally have a decent manager and CE who know what they are doing and have more than their fair share of common sense.

I totally agree with what you say, we were both staggered that we have 2 players in already.  There is an air or excitement and expectation now for the coming season, which hasn''t been present for years if i''m honest.

Agree with all of the above.

What a difference to have positive ambitious people making decisions at our club.

Delia , MWJ, Mumbles and Doomcaster , all decent people (probably) but not in the same league as PL, DM & AB.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]There is no joke WAY, he is a complete Cock as he is on WOTB.[/quote]

Ahhh right, says it all, maybe he needs to jog on back to the WOTB

--As far as getting players is early is concerned there has not been that much difference between this summer and last, and given the very

different circumstances it''s even arguable that we were quicker off the

mark last time.

It''s true that we have signed two players in the three weeks since the

end of the season, but Lambert knew for certain six weeks ago which

division we would be in next season (and in practice way before that), and that he

would be the manager. So he was able to plan ahead.

Identify targets and the like. And he had a chief executive to help him.

By contrast we didn''t have a clue which division we were going to be in

until the last match, and the Gunn management team wasn''t confirmed

until half way through May. So no time before then to plan ahead. And we didn''t have a chief executive.

Despite that three players (Gill, Tudur-Jones, Nelson) arrived within

five weeks.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]--As far as getting players is early is concerned there has not been that much difference between this summer and last, and given the very

different circumstances it''s even arguable that we were quicker off the

mark last time.

It''s true that we have signed two players in the three weeks since the

end of the season, but Lambert knew for certain six weeks ago which

division we would be in next season (and in practice way before that), and that he

would be the manager. So he was able to plan ahead.

Identify targets and the like. And he had a chief executive to help him.

By contrast we didn''t have a clue which division we were going to be in

until the last match, and the Gunn management team wasn''t confirmed

until half way through May. So no time before then to plan ahead. And we didn''t have a chief executive.

Despite that three players (Gill, Tudur-Jones, Nelson) arrived within

five weeks.[/quote]What''s the excuse for the previous season or the season previous to that one, how many years is it since Doomcaster first rolled out the ''nobody buys players at this time of year'' line?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]lol[/quote]

Please do share the joke [:|]

[/quote]Please don''t.. have you not seen this m0rons posts before?

I agree that this is a good start and hope that last season and this are the way of the future. In fairness though, Ward simply fills the gap left by Doc after being released by Coventry and I''m a bit concerned that Lambert is still currently apparently looking at CBs and MFs. With Forster looking likely to return now, that fills one critical gap but another striker to compete with Holt and Martin is the next priority. Johnson is doing well and has the advantage of being able to cover for Hoolahan in the hole behind the striker, but he''s still more likely to come on as sub in the ''impact player'' role. McDonald can do that as well, but I''d like to see him go out on loan to gain match experience in League 1. I just hope that the budget isn''t going to go on CBs and MFs at the expence of at least one quality striker.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]lol[/quote]

Please do share the joke [:|]

[/quote]

Please don''t.. have you not seen this m0rons posts before?
[/quote]

lol shows you how insignificant he/she is

[quote user="Common Sense"]Although I am unlike many supporters by "going overboard" about PL there is no question that he is the best manager we have had for a while. In addition McNally is a refreshing and altogether marked improvement on his predecessor. However my main point is the breath of fresh air they continue to exude. Just one example is the two recent player purchases, both relatively well known, experienced and well established footballers purchased BEFORE the end MAY. When was the last time this club bought two players before the end of May ? We were always told it was nigh impossible to "get players in" before July with agents & players away on their holidays and other false excuses. This gives players time to adjust to their new club, a new area and more importantly a full pre-season to get fit and blend into the system the manager wants them to play in. I expect PL to bring as many players in to the club before pre-season or as early as possible. Thank goodness we finally have a decent manager and CE who know what they are doing and have more than their fair share of common sense.[/quote]utter rubbish!!! how dare you come on the board and post such sensible stuff...BINNER!!! [;)]

Its very refreshing to have a manger who knows what he is doing....he could be one if not the best at Carra Rd[Y] in Lambert I trust

Very good post[Y]

Now I know why rarely both to use this forum.

Its one thing to be told you''re talking rubbish (which I disagree with anyway) but to be called in your words "a Binner" is somewhat insulting as I have been supporting City for forty years.

I know you''re joking and agree with you that sensible comments are few and far between on here.

May be they should set up another site for boring people like me with sensible views ?

[quote user="Common Sense"]

Its one thing to be told you''re talking rubbish (which I disagree with anyway) but to be called in your words "a Binner" is somewhat insulting as I have been supporting City for forty years.

I know you''re joking and agree with you that sensible comments are few and far between on here.

May be they should set up another site for boring people like me with sensible views ?

[/quote]

I think you are being a little over-sensitive CS. The previous poster agreed with every word you said and was being sarcastic in view of some of the ridiculous posts frequently made on here.

Whilst the club may not have millions to spend, I think we can all take comfort from the fact that every penny available will be spent wisely and the days of "prudence with ambition" are fortunately long gone.

I personally cannot wait for the season to get started, I haven''t felt this optimistic for a long time.

Enjoy the long week-end :-)

[quote user="Common Sense"]

[/quote]wooshh....note the winking head at the end of the sentence...it was said tounge and cheek m8

[quote user="Appletonandy"][quote user="Common Sense"]

[/quote] I think you are being a little over-sensitive CS. The previous poster agreed with every word you said and was being sarcastic in view of some of the ridiculous posts frequently made on here. Whilst the club may not have millions to spend, I think we can all take comfort from the fact that every penny available will be spent wisely and the days of "prudence with ambition" are fortunately long gone. I personally cannot wait for the season to get started, I haven''t felt this optimistic for a long time. Enjoy the long week-end :-)[/quote]bang nail head[Y]

"May be they should set up another site for boring people like me with sensible views ?"

Maybe! With a special section for those lacking a sense of humour...

[quote user="Common Sense"]I know you''re joking and agree with you that sensible comments are few and far between on here.[/quote]

So did you all miss this bit...?

[quote user="First Jedi"]"May be they should set up another site for boring people like me with sensible views ?" Maybe! With a special section for those lacking a sense of humour...[/quote]lol

Yes I''m also impressed the club aren''t p*ssing about and getting on with things!

We''ve been told in recent years that "we can''t get on with signing players cause people are on their summer breaks and nothing happens till July".

This shows that messrs Lambert and Mcnally are going to go for next season which they have to cause Blackpool have proved its possible!