Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

WORST SIGNING EVER !

as I recall the force of Spink''s clearance knocked him face down in the mud

I think he may have gone over....Spink did give a good hoof on the ball to his arse...no chance he saw it....cant remember if he celebrated???....Nigel Spink and Steve Ogrisovic are two very underated keeprs.....should have been given a chance for England.........

[quote user="crab"]For me, without doubt, it''s David Marshall

�1M for that! Fortunately we''ve followed the worst keeper in our history with possibly the best.[/quote]You think Marshall was worse than Theoklitos?

[quote user="crab"]For me, without doubt, it''s David Marshall �1M for that! Fortunately we''ve followed the worst keeper in our history with possibly the best.[/quote]

the keeper that followed Marshall was a certain Michael Theoklitos!

Coffee, then post.\[:P]

Forget this rubbish about Theo ..... he played one game for us (badly) but it was only one game.

Make judgement about players who cost us real money who dissaponted on a regular basis.

To be fair Yellow wall, his attitude was shocking, and he looked just as bad in reserve games, wobbly with crosses, and a liability, i think he made 2 saves in the reserve games i saw him play in, both not bad, but his flapping of the ball made it clear he would never return to the 1st team. And we obviously paid him off, as he was on a 2year contract, so he wouldnt have just left without some sort of settlement.

For the record the biggest waste of money and the worst signing ever was Muzinic ..... a club record fee and he only played 23 times for us because he was so poor.

I agree he was poor Arthur but to make judgement after one game is not good. Other sportsmen have made poor debuts but turned out OK. I''m not saying he would have but ...... one game is not enough to judge, 23 is!

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]One of the worst ever has to be Dean Coney, did he ever score for us.

My mum used to work in the private ward at the N&N and said he was a very nice young man, maybe too nice eh! Although she didn''t say the same about Andy Townsend who she described in numerous swear words!! [/quote]my dad worked on the car park at the N and N at the time (used to be manned by these chaps in huts) and whenever he sees Townsend on TV now he always says "I wonder if he''s still a bell end?" yes dad... he is!he also met Bobby Robson who was a first class gent! shook my dads hand when he arrived, learnt his name, insisted on being called Bobby instead of "Sir" or "Mr Robson".. he said if he needed to move the car that dad had to let him know immediately and it wouldn''t be a problem.. he even came over and shook my dads hand when he left and said thanks for everything.. a proper Gent!My dad knew Gunny at the time too as it was the time Bryan''s little girl was ill with Leukemia.

my dad worked on the car park at the N and N at the time (used to be manned by these chaps in huts) and whenever he sees Townsend on TV now he always says "I wonder if he''s still a bell end?" yes dad... he is!

LOL.

Met Sir Bobby at a couple of England games....gentleman and legend.

Obviously i was talking about keepers who are actually a fixture in the team. I wasn''t counting Theoklitos,just as I wasn''t counting Alnwick either.

Marshall cost us 1 Mill plus two years of top wages and was pivotal in the worst team in out history.

Theo cost nowt, as I recall, and as it turned out was a key figure in this club being transformed.

Can''t wAit for Cardiff to come back here to give that sh?tbag some abuse.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]For the record the biggest waste of money and the worst signing ever was Muzinic ..... a club record fee and he only played 23 times for us because he was so poor.[/quote]

Oi!!! - I was a superstar at Red Star Belgrade...Dontcha Know!

[quote user="book end"]Drazen Muzinic £300,000.[/quote]

I was a snip for that price. Bondy had to reduce his cigar ration for a month to fund my move.

How many other players wore as many shirts as I did with such distinction?

Not many I can tell you!

Muzinic wore seven or eight differently numbered shirts during his time with us.

That was the era when the number on the shirt reflected the position you played in. So it also reflects on the signing in that we spent a then club record fee on him, and didn''t have a clue where to play him!

Despite that, he was undoubtedly a quality player. We just didn''t know what to do with him, neither did, surprisingly, John Bond. Mind you, the fact that Muzinic needed a translator all the time he was here probably didn''t help; football maybe a universal language, but most people would have had problems understanding the quiet roar of Duncan Forbes even if English was their first language!

Mind you...Muzinic and Forbes only played together for one Norwich league match, and we lost that one 6-1!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Muzinic wore seven or eight differently numbered shirts during his time with us. That was the era when the number on the shirt reflected the position you played in. So it also reflects on the signing in that we spent a then club record fee on him, and didn''t have a clue where to play him! Despite that, he was undoubtedly a quality player. We just didn''t know what to do with him, neither did, surprisingly, John Bond. Mind you, the fact that Muzinic needed a translator all the time he was here probably didn''t help; football maybe a universal language, but most people would have had problems understanding the quiet roar of Duncan Forbes even if English was their first language! Mind you...Muzinic and Forbes only played together for one Norwich league match, and we lost that one 6-1![/quote]

Thank you for the renewed interest in my illustrious Canary career.

For those of you still in the dark about me, here I am in full flow vs. Middlesbrough in 1980...we may''ve lost 6-1 that day but Big Dunc was 37 and slower than Jan Molby running through treacle.

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/20tgppz.jpg[/IMG]

1.Theo

2.Valesco

3.Derveld

4.Walsh

5.Young

6.Jarrett

7.Dalglish

8.Coney

9.Beckford

10.Muzinic

11.DeWaard

But the winner is Steve Walsh!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]LOL, good to see your English has improved Drazen! Love that old City shirt-Admiral classic.[/quote]

My English has improved greatly from a five year membership of the Pink ''Un messageboards.

Back in the day, I struggled with simple words like; ball, pass, header, shoot.

However I did quickly master the phrases; ''wages'' & ''taxi for Scamps please''.

My English has improved greatly from a five year membership of the Pink ''Un messageboards.

Back in the day, I struggled with simple words like; ball, pass, header, shoot.

However I did quickly master the phrases; ''wages'' & ''taxi for Scamps please''.

LOL.

[quote user="DanTheMan"]1.Theo 2.Valesco 3.Derveld 4.Walsh 5.Young 6.Jarrett 7.Dalglish 8.Coney 9.Beckford 10.Muzinic 11.DeWaard But the winner is Steve Walsh![/quote]

I see your inept XI and I raise you with this bunch of dross...

Roger Hansbury

Jurgen Colin

Elliott Omozusi

Roger Brown

Brian McGovern

Paul Heckingbottom

Julien Brellier

Davie Robb

Elvis Hammond

Trevor Benjamin

I would arrange them in an ''attacking'' 4-3-3 formation and expect clean sheets and goals to follow in abundance.

Jurgen Colin

Elliott Omozusi

Julien Brellier

Elvis Hammond

Trevor Benjamin

LOL....I remember Norwich fans raving about those signings on this message board.....LOL.........there was even a campaign to get julian Brelliers "Le Judge" Flag sent down from Hearts........oh how we can laugh about it now.......lol.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[quote user="DanTheMan"]1.Theo 2.Valesco 3.Derveld 4.Walsh 5.Young 6.Jarrett 7.Dalglish 8.Coney 9.Beckford 10.Muzinic 11.DeWaard But the winner is Steve Walsh![/quote]

Roger Hansbury

Jurgen Colin

Elliott Omozusi

Roger Brown

Brian McGovern

Paul Heckingbottom

Julien Brellier

Davie Robb

Elvis Hammond

Trevor Benjamin

I would arrange them in an ''attacking'' 4-3-3 formation and expect clean sheets and goals to follow in abundance.

[/quote]Some of these are before my time, but I ran the two teams through my patented Football Management Simulation Game, and think your team would beat Dan the Man''s team.Muzinic 1 - 0 DantheManTheoklitos o.g. 63Attendance: 1,433Muzinic: Possession: 24%Shots on target: 2Shots off target: 14DantheMan:Possession: 22%

Shots on target: 1

Shots off target: 129Ball out of play: 54%

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

Roger Hansbury

Jurgen Colin

Elliott Omozusi

Roger Brown

Brian McGovern

Paul Heckingbottom

Julien Brellier

Davie Robb

Elvis Hammond

Trevor Benjamin

[/quote]Drazen, you do realise you''ve only listed 10 players there! Or have you left your name out through modesty[:$] and are perhaps playing in goal (about the one position Bond never tried but possibly should have done...) and Hansbury is the right-back?[:^)]

looks over at my subs bench and tells Louis-Jean, Mike Sheron, Paul Blades & David Fairclough to start warming up.

No loan signings in my line up - these players contracts are all ours to pay up...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

Roger Hansbury

Jurgen Colin

Elliott Omozusi

Roger Brown

Brian McGovern

Paul Heckingbottom

Julien Brellier

Davie Robb

Elvis Hammond

Trevor Benjamin

[/quote]

Drazen, you do realise you''ve only listed 10 players there! Or have you left your name out through modesty[:$] and are perhaps playing in goal (about the one position Bond never tried but possibly should have done...) and Hansbury is the right-back?[:^)]
[/quote]

No modesty here - I will be playing a roving role in as many positions as possible and try to emulate my City career in one match. I will also be substitute and aim to give myself a run out at some point during the second half - replacing me of course!