Sign in to follow this  
Forever Norwich

WORST SIGNING EVER !

Juan Velasco''s performance away at Coventry was one of the worst I have ever seen from an City outfield player. Roeder subbed him off after twenty or so tortuous minutes at right back. He did play in the previous match at Watford when we drew 1-1 and I thought he looked ok then.

[quote user="Phyxius"]I shall see your Michael Theoklitos and raise you Juan Velasco.[/quote]

I''ll call your Juan Velasco and raise you Victor Segura and Raymond de Waard

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Juan Velasco''s performance away at Coventry was one of the worst I have ever seen from an City outfield player. Roeder subbed him off after twenty or so tortuous minutes at right back. He did play in the previous match at Watford when we drew 1-1 and I thought he looked ok then.

[/quote]

Was that the infamous game where 3 players had a go at right back? I think Rusty played there for a while and got sent off or something.

[quote user="Malcolm Mawkin"]Without doubt Raymond De Waard. He was about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.[/quote]Rofl that has got to be one of the best analogies ive ever read !

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Was that the infamous game where 3 players had a go at right back? I think Rusty played there for a while and got sent off or something.

[/quote]

Yes that''s the game. At least Roeder realised Velasco was having a complete shocker at subbed him off. Both Doc and Rusty both had a go at playing right back and both got themselves sent off for two bookable fouls.

We conceded a very early goal and by some miracle the game was still 1-0 at the end. Judas Marshall was in goal for Coventry and made a brilliant save from a deflected free kick and Flapper Marshall also kept out a number of shots.

The only good part of the day was watching Portsmouth beating ManUre in the cup on the tv in the ground before the game.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes that''s the game. At least Roeder realised Velasco was having a complete shocker at subbed him off. Both Doc and Rusty both had a go at playing right back and both got themselves sent off for two bookable fouls.

We conceded a very early goal and by some miracle the game was still 1-0 at the end. Judas Marshall was in goal for Coventry and made a brilliant save from a deflected free kick and Flapper Marshall also kept out a number of shots.

The only good part of the day was watching Portsmouth beating ManUre in the cup on the tv in the ground before the game.

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

[quote user="Phyxius"]I shall see your Michael Theoklitos and raise you Juan Velasco.[/quote]

I''ll call your Juan Velasco and raise you Victor Segura and Raymond de Waard

[/quote]I''ll go all in with our then record signing Darren Beckford.  We originally wanted Robbie Earle, who turned out to be awesome, and instead we got Darren.  It''s like when we wanted Healy but ended up with Notman.

Victor Segura was an alright player to be fair. I think one of the worst I have seen was Keith Scott (swapped for Mike Sheron + cash I think).

Raymond De Waard was also truly awful. He did however end up marrying on of my distant cousins and having a kid with her, so he is technically (although extremely distant and several times removed!!) family.

Not an obvious choice but I would say of recent times the worst signing has to be Rob Earnshaw.

Nothing against Earnie he was a good player but at completely the wrong time for the club.

At the time we had a number of quality second strikers Huckerby, Leon even Mcveigh who were dying to team up with someone a bit like Ashton the man who earnshaw effectively replaced. I would loved to have been a fly on the wall when Earnshaw was announced in the dressing room. At the time we despately needed at least four new players.

Worthy quickly realised he had no one to play up front with (Peter Thorne?) and what worse he had blown all the parachute cash on him. Meaning we had on money for the new central defender and target man we despately needed.

The problems only got worst when Peter grant then replaced Earnshaw with Cureton who still had no one to play up front with - poor Grant then had to scrape the barrel with his signing as Worthy had blown the budget apart on a player we did''nt need.

Effectively Dean Ashton was only replaced with the signing of grant Holt

One of the worst ever has to be Dean Coney, did he ever score for us.

My mum used to work in the private ward at the N&N and said he was a very nice young man, maybe too nice eh! Although she didn''t say the same about Andy Townsend who she described in numerous swear words!!

Does anyone remember Henrik Mortensen, I watched his first game trialing in the reserves, he scored a bicycle kick in front of the barclay (which had fans in it who had come to watch him), he got a contract and was then rubbish! Another one of those was Steve Ball, came from Arsenal, looked excellent when on trial for a couple of games, got a contract and was awful!

For me, without doubt, it''s David Marshall

�1M for that! Fortunately we''ve followed the worst keeper in our history with possibly the best.

I shall see your Michael Theoklitos and raise you Juan Velasco.

LOL.

I''ll go all in with our then record signing Darren Beckford. We originally wanted Robbie Earle, who turned out to be awesome, and instead we got Darren.

Remeber this Chops, we actually wanted both, who formed a good assist/goalscorer attacking midfielder/forward partnership at Port Vale..........sadly Turned out Beckford was out of his depth, and robbie Earle was class {idiot as a pundit}........Beckford did score a hatrick once....against Liverpool of all teams I think???

Dean coney did score for us.....his 1st goal was curtesy of nigel Spink booting the ball against his arse around xmas time....not sure what year.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Dean coney did score for us.....his 1st goal was curtesy of nigel Spink booting the ball against his arse.[/quote]It was his only goal, and therefore even more ironic that he did not get to see it go in (as I recall the force of Spink''s clearance knocked him face down in the mud). Coney was without doubt the worst thing I have ever seen in a City shirt.