Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Are NCFC being financed on the QT?

In the past, one of the things that has most annoyed me is how NCFC have been taken for a ride in paying over the top for poor to average players just because it is known they have finance ie parachute payments.

This time, the Club is tight lipped or playing the prudence card but the squad we continue to assemble and the investment in increased capacity plus ambitious talk of promotion and stadium expansion makes me think we are being financed on the QT and if so, the Board and Chief Exec are handling it brilliantly.

Cowling probably had a sniff and got greedy and others in the game are probably unsure but whether it is Delia quietly injecting funds or other silent ''investors'' it seems to me we are being looked after.

How refreshing it is to see NCFC running itself as a proper business off the pitch and a proper football team on it with the right people in the right posts being trusted to do their job. (Note to Government - that is how you cut public sector costs).

Is anyone else wondering how we are acheiving so much progress so soon? Money isn''t the whole answer but money to success is overall a ratio that governs football.

i have wondered about it i must admit , ( did get told that Tony Fernandez has put some money our way prior to an investment but that seems pretty unlikely ) maybe its just down to being run properly now by people that actually know what they are doing , with crowds the size we get week in week out there must be some money floating about and with the clever manager we have in Lambert making the most of what is available maybe things will  continue this way

It just appears to me Lambert has spotted 2 players out of contract that he would like to bring in on free transfers. Hardly beyond us financially when we''ve offloaded senior players in Doherty, McVeigh & Cureton.

[quote user="yellow hammer"]Any investments or gifts would have to appear in the annual accounts. Go check ''em out.[/quote]

The annual accounts for 2009/10 won''t be available until the autumn.  The financial year ends on 31st May.

absolutely agree on that , my thoughts entirely .

the thing is ,this is what Delia said last year .

"we wont alert clubs on how much money we have " quote Norfolk show .

also to come out with "our aim is a top 6 finish"

as i said before is a really bold statement just after promotion .

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Crofts was around the £350k mark wasn''t he? A considerable sum.[/quote]My mistake altough £350k is a considerable amount it''s hardly a sign of investment, i expect our playing budget will rise by £1-2m this season so having offloaded high earners in Cureton & Doherty as well there is a bit of room to bring in players.

Doc will have been a high earner but given that others were interested I would imagine that Elliot Ward hasn''t come cheaply either. But I would regard him as a like for like replacement on similiar money so the pressure is on him to deliver high quality performances. As for Andrew Crofts I think £350k is a fair amount for us to be spending given that money is supposedly tight.

The board has come out and said that the top 6 is their objective for the season. So there is clearly financial backing from somewhere. However I wouldn''t be surprised if it was Delia putting her hand in her pocket again. I think McNally has stated what we already know that the gap between the Premier League and the Championship is only going to widen with all these ridiculous parachute payments so you have to get up there as soon as you can. Look at Blackpool, if they use that money wisely Ian Holloway will have left them an incredible legacy even they gain 0 points this season. They will have finished their ground, rebuilt the training ground and have enough money to be one of the big hitters in the championship. All that from being favourites to go down at the start...

I''m not saying it''s not a possibility but there isn''t really any evidence to back it up untill we actually spend a bit more money on players, £350k for Crofts and the wages of the 2 new signings is well within our budget what with the increase in revenue and the offloading of senior players on big wages (Cureton & Doherty were probably the highest 2 earners, earning well over £500k a year between them).If we pay decent money for a few more players then i think you''ve got a real point, but i think Lambert rightfully only wants to bring in 3/4 more players.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

Doc will have been a high earner but given that others were interested I would imagine that Elliot Ward hasn''t come cheaply either. But I would regard him as a like for like replacement on similiar money so the pressure is on him to deliver high quality performances. As for Andrew Crofts I think £350k is a fair amount for us to be spending given that money is supposedly tight.

The board has come out and said that the top 6 is their objective for the season. So there is clearly financial backing from somewhere. However I wouldn''t be surprised if it was Delia putting her hand in her pocket again. I think McNally has stated what we already know that the gap between the Premier League and the Championship is only going to widen with all these ridiculous parachute payments so you have to get up there as soon as you can. Look at Blackpool, if they use that money wisely Ian Holloway will have left them an incredible legacy even they gain 0 points this season. They will have finished their ground, rebuilt the training ground and have enough money to be one of the big hitters in the championship. All that from being favourites to go down at the start...

[/quote]I''m really not too sure about that imo.  People forget that Doc was bought when we were a Prem Club,  yes I know we would''ve strimmed it down etc etc.  But I still reckon he was on stupid money compared to the rest.

Maybe my claim (much lampooned by most of you, especially the OP!) that Mr Foulger had put serious money into the club was spot on after all![:|]

Doherty was probably on good money because we bought him from Spurs (Prem club), he would have received a signing on fee plus high wages which would have dropped on being relegated, and dropped again when relegated to L1. However, he would have still been cashing in high cheques. I read that Cureton was on at least 5k a week for some reason. That''s a lot for a poor player.

I''ve had my suspicions that we were being privately financed. However, not to any great degree. Just to get us by. Ward is a straight replacement for GD. Crofts was relatively inexpensive and won''t be on huge wages.

I think we can sign around another three players and be within our budget. If we were signing players for £1m then I would be surprised, but 350k isn''t exactly mega money in football these days.

I am sure that we will find out sooner or later, but right now with the transfers being done they aren''t going to openly admit it are they?

The right men in the jobs that count, Lambert and McNally going about their business quietly and giving nothing away is how it should be done.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]In the past, one of the things that has most annoyed me is how NCFC have been taken for a ride in paying over the top for poor to average players just because it is known they have finance ie parachute payments. This time, the Club is tight lipped or playing the prudence card but the squad we continue to assemble and the investment in increased capacity plus ambitious talk of promotion and stadium expansion makes me think we are being financed on the QT and if so, the Board and Chief Exec are handling it brilliantly.

...... Is anyone else wondering how we are acheiving so much progress so soon? .[/quote]

With reference to last season the club was given a holiday from spending approx. £2.5m servicing the debt.

With regard to the forthcoming season.....have a look at near the foot (re Bowkett) of this article:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/blogs/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=NCISA&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=NCISA&itemid=NOED17%20May%202010%2015%3A47%3A23%3A970

I think you will find that it is not a big amount of cash from a single investor but relatively small amounts from a number of "business" supporters.

It is these supporters who are being enticed into the "Hucky" club in the hope that their bragging, or quiet nods & winks over lunch and fine wine, will do the "business" for the Club.

The twelve ex players sitting at the tables of ten are, no doubt, expected to do a little more than "sing for their supper"! Delia on her visits will also be doing more than check the menu!

[quote user="Bobert"]I think you will find that it is not a big amount of cash from a single investor but relatively small amounts from a number of "business" supporters. It is these supporters who are being enticed into the "Hucky" club in the hope that their bragging, or quiet nods & winks over lunch and fine wine, will do the "business" for the Club. The twelve ex players sitting at the tables of ten are, no doubt, expected to do a little more than "sing for their supper"! Delia on her visits will also be doing more than check the menu![/quote]

You seem certain of this, or are you just guessing?

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]

I''m really not too sure about that imo.  People forget that Doc was bought when we were a Prem Club,  yes I know we would''ve strimmed it down etc etc.  But I still reckon he was on stupid money compared to the rest.
[/quote]

He has signed some contract extensions since then which would have been on much lower terms given we were in the championship and then in league one.

It does seem surprising we have got a new head coach of such pedigree (although some of the Rangers fans say otherwise).

Would he have come here looking for freebies and players worth upto a couple of hundred thousand having left the mighty Glasgow Rangers ? Or is that the challenge ?

Reading that Lambert said he wants about 8 new players and having this new coach does suggest to me that some money must have come into the coffers from somwhere. Coupled with the ambition of a 35K crowd and Premiership footy, these are indeed exciting times.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

It does seem surprising we have got a new head coach of such pedigree (although some of the Rangers fans say otherwise).

Would he have come here looking for freebies and players worth upto a couple of hundred thousand having left the mighty Glasgow Rangers ? Or is that the challenge ?

Reading that Lambert said he wants about 8 new players and having this new coach does suggest to me that some money must have come into the coffers from somwhere. Coupled with the ambition of a 35K crowd and Premiership footy, these are indeed exciting times.

[/quote]Coach? Scout! Too much Tizer, First Wazzock?![<:o)] Actually Rangers have been so short of money they haven''t bought a player in two years. Which I suspect is partly why  some of their fans don''t rate Chester. Quite irrationally he seems to be getting the blame for that.But I would have thought the point about a good scout (if that is what he is) is finding bargains rather than the obviously good (and so expensive) players.

If we are being financed on the qt i hope we are going to start spending soon because so far all we have done is bring in one freebie and one cheap signing which is hardly cause to think we have any money to spend , in fact quite the opposite.

Quite right, the transfer window shuts in just over three months time, barely a moment to lose.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Coach? Scout! Too much Tizer, First Wazzock?![<:o)] Actually Rangers have been so short of money they haven''t bought a player in two years. Which I suspect is partly why  some of their fans don''t rate Chester. Quite irrationally he seems to be getting the blame for that.

But I would have thought the point about a good scout (if that is what he is) is finding bargains rather than the obviously good (and so expensive) players.
[/quote]

Sorry, scout not coach !!! (Just stupidity today and not the demon alcohol!!!)

Point taken about unearthing cheap diamonds, although I have read that Rangers have not bought anyone for 2 years, the fact that we (seem to) have more financial clout then Rangers astounds me, and makes me wonder if there is some money coming in from somewhere.

It doesn''t mean that we have more financial clout than Rangers, just that he is surplus to their requirements.

What is does suggest is not some mysterious money but a club looking to the long time on a more professional basis.

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]Coach? Scout! Too much Tizer, First Wazzock?![<:o)] Actually Rangers have been so short of money they haven''t bought a player in two years. Which I suspect is partly why  some of their fans don''t rate Chester. Quite irrationally he seems to be getting the blame for that.But I would have thought the point about a good scout (if that is what he is) is finding bargains rather than the obviously good (and so expensive) players.[/quote]

Sorry, scout not coach !!! (Just stupidity today and not the demon alcohol!!!)

Point taken about unearthing cheap diamonds, although I have read that Rangers have not bought anyone for 2 years, the fact that we (seem to) have more financial clout then Rangers astounds me, and makes me wonder if there is some money coming in from somewhere.

[/quote]First Wazzock, I can exclusively reveal that the extra money is coming from McNally''s wholly sensible decison to scrap that ludicously expensive plan Doncaster had of trying to bodge 1,100 extra seats into the ground. Thank the lord we now have a management focusesd on football. Hallelujah!!![;)]