Sign in to follow this  
Alan Johnson

Steve Howard (Luton)!

This is a striker City should go for.....he is big and scores for fun.

I watched him play when he was at Northampton and also have seen him at Luton.....he is class and would be just what City need.....and before you ask yes I think he would be good enough for the prem.....price tag £750k!

Lets beat Forest to him as Kinnear has just put his 2peneth in to try and sign him.

Are you having a laugh?

Steve Howard is fat.

A good 1st/2nd div striker, but by no means what we need. He would make us a laughing stock. I have seen Howard in action for Luton a few times at Kenilworth with my mate who''s a luton fan and i was impressed, but only at that level.

We need to be after the hottest young prospects in the game, or proven pro''s at the top level on loan.

Tom

The price tag fits citys needs (I heard a whisper that our transfer budget is around £3m) but a tall strong target man is not what city need in the prem.

Ciy need to move to passing from midfield and movement from the strikers and not return to route one football focused on a big front man.

OTBC

I''ll second that, Zippers. If we get a "big man" up front we''ll just resort to pumping long balls forward which is not the sort of football I want to go and watch and not the sort of football to improve results.

now not saying I like this guy or not, as I don''t know much about him..but keep an eye out

Mark de Vries Hearts striker.. can walk on a free in the summer already making noises about playing south of the border.. And I know we have scouted him..when he played before injury

Mark De Vries reminds me a bit of Marc Libbra - good in Scotland but could be found wanting in the business league that is the Premiership. If we''re looking at strikers with an eye for goal, how about Matt Jansen from Blackburn, whilst not prolific, he''s got a good, clean shot on him and has Premiership experience. IMO Mark De Vries is perhaps a gamble too far in a season where we need players to do the business asap.