Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Best Centre Half in Div 1???

Best centre back.normally a left back..........Ian Harte.....18 goals from centre back {not all pens}.....I would have as cb/lb cover maybe even start......his set seices are awesome......

Why does anyone rate Greer?  I think he''s OK in Div 1, but he''ll be so out of place in the Championship.  Typical old school slow defender with a bit of muscle.  No better than Nelson for me.  Says it all.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Smudger, why oh why do you have to try and be the font of all knowledge surrounding every professional footballer mentioned on this messageboard.You cannot have seen play enough times to see the big picture with regard to a 46 game season.[/quote]Smudger has his own scouting network Tilly. That''s how he learned so much about NCFC whilst he was still Leicesters manager![;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Smudger, why oh why do you have to try and be the font of all knowledge surrounding every professional footballer mentioned on this messageboard.You cannot have seen play enough times to see the big picture with regard to a 46 game season.[/quote]Smudger has his own scouting network Tilly. That''s how he learned so much about NCFC whilst he was still Leicesters manager![;)][/quote]I think that Robinson showed in the play-off final once again, that he will more than hold his own in the Championship?Like I have said many times Tilly - it only takes a few games to judge a player for many of us.  While others have not realised that the Doc found his level at lower Championship or the top of Div 1 for a side with the best attacking talent in that league even after watching about 200 games he has played in.  Fortunately for us, Lambert realised that he could bring a far better player in for the money the Doc was on after approx 20 or so games.You need to make tough decisions in the world of football management and on the whole that is something which has been sadly lacking at  Carrow Road (prior to the introduction of McNally and Lambert & Co) for at least 5 years.