Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Best Centre Half in Div 1???

For me we saw him grab the 2nd goal tonight... Millwall''s Paul Robinson.

I guess there is no chance of us signing him if Millwall are promoted?

This leads to my two questions:

With Millwall playing Swindon in the play-off final and both clubs having players who could be good signings for any of the 3 promoted teams, who do you want up with us?

Also who do you believe is the best centre half we could sign from a club that was playing in Div 1 this season?

Yeah, he''s a good player (as are a lot of the Millwall lads).

Best in League 1 this season? Not for me.

Give credit where its due Millwall set out a plan and kept to it..........Robinson deserved that goal .........i hope they win at wembley i''ll cheer them on.

Dunno who''s best, quite like the look of Sean O''Hanlon though, good traditional no-nonsense centre half and probably one of the Dons'' best players, I remember he was really good this season not seen to much this season.

Care to share who is the best in your opinion GJP?

Nobody at Carrow Road?

For me Millwall''s Darren Ward was the 2nd best centre half in League 1.

Gordon. Greer and Peter Clarke amongst others could also possibly be ok squad additions to a number of Championship clubs in my opinion.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Care to share who is the best in your opinion GJP? Nobody at Carrow Road?

For me Millwall''s Darren Ward was the 2nd best centre half in League 1. Gordon. Greer and Peter Clarke amongst others could also possibly be ok squad additions to a number of Championship clubs in my opinion.[/quote]

Ha. Indeed, nobody at Carrow Road anymore.

Gordon Greer has been pretty good for Swindon and I liked Peter Clarke when he was at Southend so it''s been no surprise to see him doing a good job for Huddersfield.

And actually the guy at Leyton Orient, Mkandawire?, I think that''s the chaop, he looks a handy enough player.

However, in my opinion, Gary Doherty has turned in a lot of excellent performances this season, rarely putting a foot wrong in any game. His inclusion in the Team of the Season shows he''s had a top season and played a key role in our march towards winning the league title. Don''t think anyone, talking with any sense about the game, would argue that.

[quote user="Smudger"]Care to share who is the best in your opinion GJP? Nobody at Carrow Road? For me Millwall''s Darren Ward was the 2nd best centre half in League 1. Gordon. Greer and Peter Clarke amongst others could also possibly be ok squad additions to a number of Championship clubs in my opinion.[/quote]

Darren Ward and Paul Robinson the best centre backs in league 1? Zak Whitbread was getting in the side ahead of both these guys. So we must be in for a treat if he gets fit.

Millwall fan here.Sorry, but1) Robinson was Whitbread''s CB partner last year, and arguably the better defender.2) Ward was signed to replace Whitbread in September. He is a better defender (Ward) but Whitbread is a better footballer.

people filled with so much Leeds hate they''ve missed the most obvious choice in Kisnorbo

From what I saw, Jaidi at Southampton. He had Holt in his back pocket all afternoon at carrow road.  But I didn''t see him for the other 45 games to be fair.  He''s old too, but was good performance.

[quote user="bjg123"]people filled with so much Leeds hate they''ve missed the most obvious choice in Kisnorbo[/quote]Kisnorbo is certainly in the top 10 and possibly in the top 5, but I''m not so sure if I would have him above any of the players mentioned.  Kisnorbo for me is like the Doc and Nelson and would find himself struggling anywhere higher than lower Championship level.  If he is so good then why did Nigel Pearson choose to replace him with the excellent Jack Hobbs at Leicester???

[quote user="jockney"]Millwall fan here.Sorry, but1) Robinson was Whitbread''s CB partner last year, and arguably the better defender.2) Ward was signed to replace Whitbread in September. He is a better defender (Ward) but Whitbread is a better footballer. [/quote]Indeed and didn''t Millwall and Leeds have the joint best defensive records in Div 1 this season?I am sure that our fans would have something to say if anybody tried to claim that Southampton or Leeds had better midfielders and forwards than City???I know that several will probably say about "what if it wasn''t for the 7-1 first day of the season?"   Facts are that 7-1 happened and let''s not forget that the Doc and Nelson played a big helping hand in that result.With the excellent Tony Craig as well - Millwall have by far the best defence at this level for me.  I bet that your defence would have loved to of had keepers of the class of Forster and Rudd behind them though?

[quote user="monkfish"]From what I saw, Jaidi at Southampton. He had Holt in his back pocket all afternoon at carrow road.  But I didn''t see him for the other 45 games to be fair.  He''s old too, but was good performance.[/quote]

Kinisorbo is the first name that came into my head before I even clicked on this thread, he has been immense for Leeds this year, and as a result won their player of the season. Whilst the media may sit and masturbate over Beckford, Leeds fans were certain who had been the Leeds star.... Kinisorbo was fantastic for Leicester and has been fantastic for Leeds.... I would take him over any of our current centre backs, no questions.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I am impressed by the young CB who plays for Exeter..Troy Archibald-Henville[/quote]hahahaha! [:P]

Smudger you have spoken so much sense on this thread! Robbo, wardy and craig are the best in league in their positions. How they never made team of the year baffled me! I would even throw alan dunne into the equation at rb. Quality and wall''s player of the year. Wembley here we come!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Albinozak"]Smudge, if only CUSDP would listen to you![/quote]back again are ya......[/quote]haha hello Calum, it has to be said your boys have the best defence in the league for me.If only you had two or three of our midfield and our strikers in front of them, plus our keeper behind them.  I reckon you would pretty much have a team that could challenge for promotion from the Championship then???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Albinozak"]Smudge, if only CUSDP would listen to you![/quote]

back again are ya......
[/quote]

haha hello Calum, it has to be said your boys have the best defence in the league for me.

If only you had two or three of our midfield and our strikers in front of them, plus our keeper behind them.  I reckon you would pretty much have a team that could challenge for promotion from the Championship then???
[/quote]

They dont need much then [;p]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Albinozak"]Smudge, if only CUSDP would listen to you![/quote]back again are ya......[/quote]haha hello Calum, it has to be said your boys have the best defence in the league for me.If only you had two or three of our midfield and our strikers in front of them, plus our keeper behind them.  I reckon you would pretty much have a team that could challenge for promotion from the Championship then???[/quote]

They dont need much then [;p]

[/quote]To be fair to them I think what they are lacking upfront, we are lacking at the other end at the moment mate.Of course we are already there and our plans are under way for our promotion push, while Milllllllllllwallllllllllll have to wait until Saturday to see if they can put the mighty Swindon to the sword.It will be interesting and a good game to watch for us neutrals... [;)]

Smudger, why oh why do you have to try and be the font of all knowledge surrounding every professional footballer mentioned on this messageboard.You cannot have seen play enough times to see the big picture with regard to a 46 game season.