Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Looks like we need to start searching for a Keeper

Newcastle look like they aint so sure about sending Forster out on loan again next season, I heard a while back that they wanted to send him if at all to somewhere closer because he was still spending half of his training up in the Toon, Tony Warner anyone? lol

"Newcastle look like they aint so sure about sending Forster out on loan again next season"

Where did you get that from?

Its coming, i heard before last season was over that they wanted him closer to home and a mate of mine up there seemed to think a deal was done to send him on loan somewhere else closer to home because of the travelling

I just hope this doesn''t drag on too long and we end up with what would originally have been a third or fourth choice because we are running out of time before the new season. That said I suspect that what is in the papers and what Lambert knows from talking to Newcastle are somewhat different so no need to press the panic button just yet.

I really don''t believe that would be a deal breaker. He doesn''t need to train up there that often to keep his development going. I think he only did that before because they maybe thought that he wouldn''t be being pushed enough in League 1. Playing in the Championship is the best development time he can get - there won''t be such a need for him to train up there.

I think it''s far more likely that they''d want a recall clause in case they had a keeper crisis, and i don''t think PL would like that. For good reason.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]I just hope this doesn''t drag on too long and we end up with what would originally have been a third or fourth choice because we are running out of time before the new season. That said I suspect that what is in the papers and what Lambert knows from talking to Newcastle are somewhat different so no need to press the panic button just yet.[/quote]

Hopefuly, dont be too suprised to see Forster to go on loan to Sheff utd tho, what I heard months ago and would love it if I was wrong but the lad with the info aint been to far wrong so far

If it all goes wrong I wouldn''t be massively unhappy with Rudd between the sticks.[:)]

With respect to Newcastle, why do they feel, if that is the case, they need to keep him close to home?

It makes them sound like worried parents, standing by the front door at just after midnight, wondering where their errant son/daughter is!

We are an extremely well ran football club. We can look after him-they really don''t need to check up on him, and us; we''re not making him eat chocolate eclairs every day, else forcing him to train on his own, whilst the older members of the squad give him wedgies, or flick wet towels at him in the dressing room.

I know he is away from his friends and family, but he is a professional footballer and that is par for the course. Besides, it doesn''t seem to be a problem for him, as he has suggested, quite clearly, that his preference is to come here again. I am wondering, therefore, if we haven''t requested that, if he is here for the season, then he is just that-here, with us, 7 days a week, and not flying off back up there for a couple of days a week again. Maybe they (Newcastle) are debating the prospects of this, hence their delay to make an announcement of any sort-do they want their little magpie to fly the nest for nine months before they see him again?

Hope he does come back again, but, as has been suggested, if there are going to be difficulties, then we need to have a back up plan, and not be scratching around for a keeper, come August 1st...

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Its coming, i heard before last season was over that they wanted him closer to home and a mate of mine up there seemed to think a deal was done to send him on loan somewhere else closer to home because of the travelling[/quote]M''boro ?Darren Randolph or Lee Camp anyone ?

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Its coming, i heard before last season was over that they wanted him closer to home and a mate of mine up there seemed to think a deal was done to send him on loan somewhere else closer to home because of the travelling[/quote]

M''boro ?

Darren Randolph or Lee Camp anyone ?
[/quote]

Sheff utd he seemed to think

[quote user="morty"]If it all goes wrong I wouldn''t be massively unhappy with Rudd between the sticks.

[:)]
[/quote]

With someone experienced (Basso perhaps?) to push him in case he loses form which will happen with young keepers. It happened to Greeno during the play off year. He was bit ropey around the time we lost 4-0 to Chelsea in the cup and he lost his place to Paul Crichton for a little while.

Newcastle are playing a dangerous game here. I appreciate I am biased but footballers develop fastest when they are playing games. Fraser is guranteed to start every game here because the coaching staff here rate him so highly. Even after he got suspended against Tranmere and Rudd did ok in the other games he was slotted straight back into the side. He even played in the meaningless paint pot games. However if he starts off poorly at say Sheffield United or Leeds where is an unknown quantity, with keepers like Shane Higgs/Paddy Kenny breathing down your neck you could find yourself on the bench for quite a while.

I think people are also exagerrating the travelling element. Say you took the train, getting to Peterborough is a annoying but after that you are on the east coast mainline up to Newcastle it takes no time at all. If Newcastle let Forster out on loan I am still supremely confident he will be in between the sticks for us next year.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Its coming, i heard before last season was over that they wanted him closer to home and a mate of mine up there seemed to think a deal was done to send him on loan somewhere else closer to home because of the travelling[/quote]M''boro ?Darren Randolph or Lee Camp anyone ?[/quote]

[/quote]So really this is all based on a rumour from a mate?The story in the Pinkun states that they are in no rush to get anything sorted, which is common sense really because if they loan him out now, and one of their other keepers picks up an injury in pre season, then they''ll be looking for a loan themselves.Like I said, if it goes wrong and we have to play Rudd it really wouldn''t be the end of the world.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Its coming, i heard before last season was over that they wanted him closer to home and a mate of mine up there seemed to think a deal was done to send him on loan somewhere else closer to home because of the travelling[/quote]

M''boro ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

So really this is all based on a rumour from a mate?

The story in the Pinkun states that they are in no rush to get anything sorted, which is common sense really because if they loan him out now, and one of their other keepers picks up an injury in pre season, then they''ll be looking for a loan themselves.

Like I said, if it goes wrong and we have to play Rudd it really wouldn''t be the end of the world.
[/quote]

Yep based on a rumour from a mate i used to work with at Butlins, avid Toon fan and used to often be seen in the tabloids sat not too far from Ashley. Also the same person that told me Matty Patty was going to sign on loan over a week before he did and gave me the info that summit was going on with Ameobi a week before it was all over the papers, all of which I posted on here

Excellent point regarding injuries Morty hadn''t thought of that. I guess we just don''t look at it from the Newcastle perspective. Mind you hypothetically speaking if Forster was the number 2 and Harper got injured do you not think Newcastle would try to loan in a more experienced keeper? It wouldn''t surprise me. However it is still frustrating for Lambert who is clearly trying to get his business done early. I like that because it hopefully means we won''t see the panic acquisitions of recent years like Cureton or Strihavka.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Its coming, i heard before last season was over that they wanted him closer to home and a mate of mine up there seemed to think a deal was done to send him on loan somewhere else closer to home because of the travelling[/quote]M''boro ?Darren Randolph or Lee Camp anyone ?[/quote]

[/quote]So really this is all based on a rumour from a mate?The story in the Pinkun states that they are in no rush to get anything sorted, which is common sense really because if they loan him out now, and one of their other keepers picks up an injury in pre season, then they''ll be looking for a loan themselves.Like I said, if it goes wrong and we have to play Rudd it really wouldn''t be the end of the world.[/quote]

Yep based on a rumour from a mate i used to work with at Butlins, avid Toon fan and used to often be seen in the tabloids sat not too far from Ashley. Also the same person that told me Matty Patty was going to sign on loan over a week before he did and gave me the info that summit was going on with Ameobi a week before it was all over the papers, all of which I posted on here

[/quote]I''m not questioning his reliability, as it sounds like he may have some kind of inside source, but things change very quickly in football and trying to predict at the start of the summer what is going to be happening at the start of next season is an inexact science! I hope he''s wrong though lol.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Excellent point regarding injuries Morty hadn''t thought of that. I guess we just don''t look at it from the Newcastle perspective. Mind you hypothetically speaking if Forster was the number 2 and Harper got injured do you not think Newcastle would try to loan in a more experienced keeper? It wouldn''t surprise me. However it is still frustrating for Lambert who is clearly trying to get his business done early. I like that because it hopefully means we won''t see the panic acquisitions of recent years like Cureton or Strihavka.[/quote]He''s their player at the end of the day, I shouldn''t even imagine they are desperate to get his wages off the books for a season.Whilst it would be a slight risk, I don''t think Forster would look out of place on the bench in the Prem.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Excellent point regarding injuries Morty hadn''t thought of that. I guess we just don''t look at it from the Newcastle perspective. Mind you hypothetically speaking if Forster was the number 2 and Harper got injured do you not think Newcastle would try to loan in a more experienced keeper? It wouldn''t surprise me. However it is still frustrating for Lambert who is clearly trying to get his business done early. I like that because it hopefully means we won''t see the panic acquisitions of recent years like Cureton or Strihavka.[/quote]

He''s their player at the end of the day, I shouldn''t even imagine they are desperate to get his wages off the books for a season.

Whilst it would be a slight risk, I don''t think Forster would look out of place on the bench in the Prem.

[/quote]

Maybe not but he and his dad have come out and stated he wants to be playing first team football week in week out, and sitting bench warming isn''t playing first team football.

It''s all if''s buts and maybes ATM, but we shall have to be patient.

Was going to say exactly the same thing We Are Yellows. He really seems to want to get out and play. He has already said sitting on the bench aint for him. But like you say its all speculation.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

M''boro ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

The story in the Pinkun states that they are in no rush to get anything sorted, which is common sense really because if they loan him out now, and one of their other keepers picks up an injury in pre season, then they''ll be looking for a loan themselves.

Like I said, if it goes wrong and we have to play Rudd it really wouldn''t be the end of the world.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not questioning his reliability, as it sounds like he may have some kind of inside source, but things change very quickly in football and trying to predict at the start of the summer what is going to be happening at the start of next season is an inexact science!

I hope he''s wrong though lol.
[/quote]

I hope he''s wrong too, Forster has been the best keeper we''ve had here in a while, i''ve not spoken to the lad since a few months ago and when i saw that Fraser wanted to stay again next season i thought there couldn''t be anything in him thinking a loan deal was set up for next season already, from what he said the problem was with the long distance travel because of him still spending half his time training up there and not them lacking cover for Harper. I''d be more than happy to go with Rudd also as long as there was experienced back up if his confidence took a knock.

I notice that the NotW were reporting we wanted Martin Fulop. I''d prefer Forster, but Fulop on a freebie would be a good acquisition.

Have Carl Ikeme or Wayne Hennessey....we need to get one out the squad in most likelyhood given the new Premier League Rules about over 21 players

pointless having 3 keepers aged above 21 (taking 3squad places) so one of the above be shipped out on loan

[quote user="morty"]

I don''t think Forster would look out of place on the bench in the Prem.

[/quote]

I don''t think he''d look out of place in the first team.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

M''boro ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not questioning his reliability, as it sounds like he may have some kind of inside source, but things change very quickly in football and trying to predict at the start of the summer what is going to be happening at the start of next season is an inexact science!

I hope he''s wrong though lol.
[/quote]

I hope he''s wrong too, Forster has been the best keeper we''ve had here in a while, i''ve not spoken to the lad since a few months ago and when i saw that Fraser wanted to stay again next season i thought there couldn''t be anything in him thinking a loan deal was set up for next season already, from what he said the problem was with the long distance travel because of him still spending half his time training up there and not them lacking cover for Harper. I''d be more than happy to go with Rudd also as long as there was experienced back up if his confidence took a knock.

[/quote]

Why would he be training up there though?

[quote user="morty"]If it all goes wrong I wouldn''t be massively unhappy with Rudd between the sticks.

[:)]
[/quote]I agree.  Out of all the talk of other keepers, there aren''t many that I would say would be much better.  Admittedly, I haven''t seen a lot from Rudd, but what I have seen, and what we have heard from 3 managers is all pretty good. 

I would much rather have him in the team and let him settle and develop (and make a few mistakes) than have 5 keepers like we did a couple of seasons ago. 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[/quote]So really this is all based on a rumour from a mate?The story in the Pinkun states that they are in no rush to get anything sorted, which is common sense really because if they loan him out now, and one of their other keepers picks up an injury in pre season, then they''ll be looking for a loan themselves.Like I said, if it goes wrong and we have to play Rudd it really wouldn''t be the end of the world.[/quote]And if he gets injured/goes away on international duty, then what? Play Steer? My dick is bigger than him.