Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We've signed Crofts!

Not quite, implies that we''ve agreed a deal with Brighton but not the player. Just need to agree terms....

Does Lambert know we got promoted , Crofts released by Gillingham last season is hardly the quality we are going to need at Championship level.

Do we want him? Is he good enough to replace Rusty, good enough for Championship?

I only ask because despite seeing the Norwich vs Brighton game earlier in the season I can''t say I remember him....

why are you judgeing him from 2 years ago u idiot? he was brightons player of the season this year, give the guy a chance. lambert hasnt got much wrong so far, i trust his judgement and i look forward to seeing him in action.

We have far to many league 1 standard players in the side already we really need to add a little bit of class or we will go straight back down.

We shall have Hughes, Hoolahan or Macnamee playing the creative role, and I hope that we may buy another of similar skills.

What we need, whether or not Russell goes, is a bit of bite in the midfield. This Crofts can provide, as well as being a useful passer.

He is at 25/26 probably still to reach his peak, and he will contribute six or seven goals a season.

It should be a good signing.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

is this the standard of player we really need if we''re going to do anything in the championship??

(thought I''d get in first with that comment)

[/quote]

ah, beaten to the punch!!

What a suprise, Norwich fans dismissing a new signing before he''s kicked a ball.

Don''t judge him on his ex-clubs views either. According to Exeter fans Matt Gill was the best thing since sliced bread.

Alan Bowkett: Hi Joe and others who have asked about these rumours - we are in discussions with a player but the formalities and medical have yet to be completed. We take medicals extremely seriously because too often in the past we have signed excellent players who have not been able to give a full season to the Club

[quote user="Lambo"]

What a suprise, Norwich fans dismissing a new signing before he''s kicked a ball.

Don''t judge him on his ex-clubs views either. According to Exeter fans Matt Gill was the best thing since sliced bread.

[/quote]

I''d agree with this, but then again I have a strange feeling hat this is Tudur Jones again- Welsh international, central midfielder, proved at league 1 standard (at least Tudur Jones had been with swansea)...

where do people think we are going to get these young and hungry players from? he is captain for them and managed 5 goals seems worth a chance to me

[quote user="cityislife"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_of_wales/8678876.stm[/quote]

OMG! "possible transfer"??? Is someone going to beat us to him?

Sammy Clingan made the step up from League One to the Championship, and clearly can cut it at that level. Who is to say this chap cannot either?

Seems a useful player at League 1 level, Captian & player of the season at Brighton this season, gets stuck in and scores a few goals. I''m not sure who some of you expect us to sign on a limited budget?

[quote user="Ncfc"]Does Lambert know we got promoted , Crofts released by Gillingham last season is hardly the quality we are going to need at Championship level.[/quote]Do you know why he was released?Seems to me that Gillingham were relegated in 2008 and needed to get their highly paid players off the books.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Seems a useful player at League 1 level, Captian & player of the season at Brighton this season, gets stuck in and scores a few goals. I''m not sure who some of you expect us to sign on a limited budget?[/quote] Limited budget we were told we were budgeting for the top 6 , not with signings like this we wont.

As others have said lets not judge him before a ball is kicked. He is not proven, but a proven championship midfielder like Richie Wellens costs about £1 million. We simply don''t have that kind of money. So these are the type of players we need to be looking at. I said earlier on this year that if we got to this situation Lambert would really have to earn his money. He has been manging in leagues 1 and 2 for a while now so should know whats out there and who could step up to the championship. If Lambert could also find a goalscoring midfielder (like how Coventry picked up Carl Baker) then I would be satisfied.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Seems a useful player at League 1 level, Captian & player of the season at Brighton this season, gets stuck in and scores a few goals. I''m not sure who some of you expect us to sign on a limited budget?
[/quote] Limited budget we were told we were budgeting for the top 6 , not with signings like this we wont.
[/quote]

Guess what, reckon I''ll be trusting Lambert''s judgement (who probably has some idea of this player''s abilities) over someone who can''t even be arsed to use capital letters correctly in their own user name [:)]