Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

The kid Crow does it again

Who was there last night?? The report on the website says there were about 6,000 or so. Anyway I was wondering hoe everyone played. Interesting that Brennan cam off at hald time, Jonnson after 70 minutes - Helveg not at all...

I went as usual... took the kids. Over 6000 people on a nice mild evening... you all missed a good game. Helveg did play, and got booked, Jonson was excellent, he switched wings in the sesond half so i got a close look at him on the left, he was very lively, very strong and very fast... unlucky not to score, should have had a penalty. Arse took the lead with a real comedy goal, we all stopped waiting for a flag, from a large punt up the middle, but the guy just froze and his mate ran from deep and stuck it past Ward while we watched with our hands up. Mostly we dominated and no suprise when Jarvis popped in an equaliser on the stroke of half time, after Brennan, and Safri with a piledriver had gone close. Arsenal were neat and quick, and Quincey and Larsson looked the part, so provided a good test for our back line. Second half was full of incidednt, we dominated, and i swear that a Crow effort crossed the line before being cleared ! looked more of a goal than Geoff Hursts anyway. Crow got the winner, typical run and hard low shot in the 87th minute, sparking wild celebrations as 6 or 7 players all came over to us and gave it the big one while my eldest took snapshots on her mobile, still time to go close on a couple more occasions and for Willis to get booked. Star man Jonson, ran close by Safri, but i love that Crow.   

Ryan Jarvis got the other goal and also hit the bar. Time for either Ryan or crow to be on the bench as a striking option.OTBC

[quote]I went as usual... took the kids. Over 6000 people on a nice mild evening... you all missed a good game. Helveg did play, and got booked, Jonson was excellent, he switched wings in the sesond half so ...[/quote]

Thanks, that''s a very informative report Charlies Dad.

You have the the job , permanent !  

If he continues to put the ball in the back of the net then who knows he might get a chance on the bench. 

I wonder what would happen to our youngsters such as Crow, Jarvis, and Shackell if they were at a club that is not afraid to give youngsters a chance if they are good enough. Let us hope that they are not sold off to one of the bigger clubs, without us getting to see them in the first team.

silver fo i am all for them getting forst team action, but look at henderson. a young player with promise gets booed on the picth by the fans baecuase he isnt really up to it - he is only young and learning,but that doesnt register with every fan. We are better off farming them out to other lower league clubs on loan. Most of the best have - Beckham at Preston, Defoe to Bournemouth

Archie you are right - a short loan for competive professional football does most players the world of good and you use two good examples. Given our managers track record worthy would use Crow to full our tricky right back spot rather than play him in his right position!

But, like Rooney, if you are good enough you are old enough.

Jarvis is still ahead in my eyes - that little extra experience counts for now although I find it interesting that the media focus is driving towards crow and avoiding Ryans performance, at the clubs request or am I being too cynical? Not knocking Crows record which is impressive but our best thing since sliced bread appears to be being overlooked?

OTBC

Yeah, I started a thread about that a week or two ago - what has happened Jarvis? I have heard that Crow was given a pro-contract earlier than the club wanted to give it to him because Yeovil wanted to take him on loan but couldn''t because he was just a youth player. But he hasn''t been loaned out anywhere yet so maybe this is not the case.

I also agree if we''re not going to give some of the younger players a chance then why not put them out on loan (except Henderson...whats the point he''s rubbish)

Can anyone find out how close this Arsenal side was to the second string one that knocked Everton out of the league cup?

[quote]Can anyone find out how close this Arsenal side was to the second string one that knocked Everton out of the league cup?[/quote]

Right then team v Everton

• Manuel Almunia
  • Justin Hoyte
  • Daniel Karbassiyoon
  • Mathieu Flamini
  • Philippe Senderos
  • Johan Djourou
  • Edu
  • Sebastian Larsson 65
  • Ryan Smith
  • Quincy Owusu-Abeyie 21
  • Jermaine Pennant
  • Arturo Lupoli
  • Patrick Cregg 89
  • Robin van Persie
SUBS NOT USED
  • Michael Jordan
  • Jordan Fowler

Team v Manchester City

• Manuel Almunia
  • Justin Hoyte
  • Pascal Cygan
  • Philippe Senderos
  • Sebastian Larsson
  • Jermaine Pennant
  • Johan Djourou 89
  • Mathieu Flamini
  • Cesc Fabregas
  • Ryan Smith
  • Quincy Owusu Abeyie 61
  • Robin Van Persie
  • Arturo Lupoli
  • Daniel Karbassiyoon 82
SUBS NOT USED
  • Stuart Taylor
  • Patrick Cregg

Team v City Reserves

Arsenal: Wright, Gilbert, Shimmin, Simek (Connolly 88), Karbassiyoon, Larsson, O''Donnell, Cregg, Djourou, Lupoli (Stokes 78), Owusu-Obeyie (Webb 84). Subs not used: Fowler and Howard.

So going by those line ups 5 or 6 players on each occasion played a part in both games and against us.

As you can guess I''m not very busy today.