Sign in to follow this  
open goal

we got a national mention on bbc3

Could you save us the trouble and tell us the joke? I assume it''s Russell Howard. He''s always having a pop at Norwich, making out we''re yokels or something. The guy''s from Somerset for goodness sake. (and thinks he''s funnier than he is).

[quote user="Mazy Run"]Could you save us the trouble and tell us the joke? I assume it''s Russell Howard. He''s always having a pop at Norwich, making out we''re yokels or something. The guy''s from Somerset for goodness sake. (and thinks he''s funnier than he is).[/quote]It was a skit about football songs and he sang ''The Naaaarwich family'' song that''s so beloved of Ipswich and Millwall fans. We''re just an easy target for boring comedians

I think that you will find that one of the writers on that show is Karl Minns (one of the Nimmo Twins) who is a Norwich City fan.

That''s probably why Norwich gets the mentions - a bit of banter between the writers themselves.

Interesting. I''ve always liked Karl Minns but it was a cheap gag. Probably funny for those who haven''t heard it innumerable times before. Gonna get lots of away fans thinking they''re the height of originality now.

i really liked hearing him sing the park song.

park park wherever you may be, eating dog in your own country, it could be worse, you could be scouse, eating rats in your council house! ;)